Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: DJ, Vez, Panos , Wallis
Out: Howard, Hargrave, Murphy, Roughy

I want to see Griffin start off half back and eventually move into the midfield.

I agree with most comments above, we would like to see some of the promising youngsters given a go in the last third of the season and Fletcher, Talia, Tutt, Panos, Campbell, Vezpresmi, must be included and given some game time.I don't like to pick on a guy who tries hard but I cringe every time DA goes near the ball. Last night 2 or 3 stupid free kicks early given away really let the team down. Tries hard but never hits a target and is NOT quick, please give Fletcher, Panos or Talia his spot. After 2 very good reports what happened last night to Howard? Dahlhaus, Boyd, Cross, Lake, Campbell, Libba, Smith were our handfull of triers and I will not criticise Griffin or Murphy as had knocks and heavily tagged. The Ruck last night was badly beaten except for Tom Campbell, although around the ground Minson was OK and tried hard. These 2 guys are well in front of the other talls. A good move of the match committee to promote Campbell.
Lets hope Williams hits form and can move forward to add some experience and help Jones who I thought had a go last night although well beaten.

cannot believe you want to drop Cross, if it wasn't for him constantly putting his body on the line, we would have got beaten every week, the bloke isn't a big kick, he isn't a goal kicker but he puts in week after week

When we got smashed by the Saints, Brisbane, Bombers, Swans. did Cross put his body on the line yes but what your saying it would have only being a 30 point lost if Cross hadnt played o_O

But you know what while Cross was putting his body on the line his opposition was half way down the ground running away from him and exploiting his lack of pace Did you see Watson on Sat night he is an elite midfielder and the problem is that Cross is not one .You can have one or two players in your midfield like Cross but the problem is that we have to many mid fielders similar to him He cant be on our list next year if we are to go foward

Outs: Griffen, Murphy (both injured), Roughhead, Jones
Ins: Tutt, Vesz, Cordy, Wallis

I would say drop Hargrave (who stank it up) for Austin as well, but we need all the experience down their we can get without Williams, Morris and Murphy.

Smith to be the sub, Cordy at FF, Campbell and Minson alternating the ruck/2nd tall forward.
Wallis for Griff's role, Tutt playing on the wing, and Vesz on the HBF.

Roughy to ruck at Willy for 3-4 games, Jones to play CHF for a few games there too. That gets Hill back to FF there as well.

Play every kid we can.

There is no point in us winning any more matches - I am not advocating "tanking" - but we need to see who is and isn't up to it, while the higher draft picks we get, the better.

Really over this talk about how we should keep Cross in the team simply because he is willing to back in back to a contest, I love Crossy and he is a complete colt hero, but in today's game somebody who can't kick the ball 40 meters and actually does not want to kick the ball, instead always look for a hand-ball is not fit enough for the modern game. What people don't often notice is Cross when playing on a wing, often loses his opponent due to a lack of speed. I don't doubt his commitment at the ball at all but he has to move not just for those reasons, but also team balance. With Wallis, Libba and Clay being inside midfielders with huge amount of potential it's time to release the next gen.

For the bigs next week I'd play a combination of Minson - Campbell - Cordy, Cordy to stay at FF and ruck in the F50, one of Mino and Tom play in the ruck, the other as the 2nd tall in the forward line, we know it ain't great but it's what we have to do. Roughead and Jones are way out of their depth at this level at the moment.

With the backline I'd like to see next week and possibly the rest of the year us playing Lake, Markovic/Williams and Austin, so the 3 of the 4 play. It could mean Lake playing on the 3rd tall and being an extra creator out of the backline and also give him a chance to chop out Marko and Austin. Addison, another one who gives 100% but out of his depth, Wood, Murphy and Veszpremi should be the other 3 in the back 6, with Murphy out for a month I think Shaggy or Fletch takes over until he comes back.

Really over this talk about how we should keep Cross in the team simply because he is willing to back in back to a contest, I love Crossy and he is a complete colt hero, but in today's game somebody who can't kick the ball 40 meters and actually does not want to kick the ball, instead always look for a hand-ball is not fit enough for the modern game. What people don't often notice is Cross when playing on a wing, often loses his opponent due to a lack of speed. I don't doubt his commitment at the ball at all but he has to move not just for those reasons, but also team balance. With Wallis, Libba and Clay being inside midfielders with huge amount of potential it's time to release the next gen.
finally some sense on this board

Howard and Markovic need to go! These guys are just simply not up to it and are just waste of space on our list! In saying that i really do question our depth at the moment it just seems everyone has the memory of a goldfish! People insisting blokes get a game when really all they do is come in play s**t then get dropped again then a couple weeks later everyone on here is crying to get them in again!

We should be giving the kids a go now as the season is shot so might as well get games into them rather than persisting with recycled hacks like DJ, Sherman etc!

Cross is a ball winner. End of story. If he doesn't have his hands on the ball then the opposition does. I agree he's slowing but he is still definitely in our best 22.

Problem is Cross and Higgins are in our best 22, no pressure on players that are pretty average right now. Higgins does enough to just get a game the next week no less no more

Out - Roughead (no to 3 ruckmen), Murphy (inj), Hargrave (at the end of a good career), Addison (lack of skill not heart)
(Howard is lucky he didnt go hard enough a couple of times give him another chance as we need his pace, same with Sherman)

In - Tutt, Wallis, Vez, Panos (please play him for at least 3-5 games to see what we have got)

Howard and Markovic need to go! These guys are just simply not up to it and are just waste of space on our list! In saying that i really do question our depth at the moment it just seems everyone has the memory of a goldfish! People insisting blokes get a game when really all they do is come in play s**t then get dropped again then a couple weeks later everyone on here is crying to get them in again!

We should be giving the kids a go now as the season is shot so might as well get games into them rather than persisting with recycled hacks like DJ, Sherman etc!
You say we've got to give the kids a go, understandably, but then pot Howard saying he isn't good enough. He had a s**t game last night, but he's played 10 games ffs. You've got to give him time as well.

Cross is a ball winner. End of story. If he doesn't have his hands on the ball then the opposition does. I agree he's slowing but he is still definitely in our best 22.

Whats the point if you get the ball and

A handpass to no one
B handpass it to a player under pressure
C handpass it to a player that cant find a target when he kicks it ala Boyd

If he is in our best 22 then I reckon Mark Cullen would get a game for us then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was one of Howard's worse games he's played but the week before he was very solid in a ordinary team?

We already have a player who wins the ball and barely does much with in our skipper Boyd (love him but it's true)

Would rather see Tutt in this side than Cross.

Mark Austin, Brian Lake, Jason Tutt
Patrick Veszpremi, Lukas Markovic, Easton Wood
Mitch Wallis, Matthew Boyd, Christian Howard
Shaun Higgins, Liam Jones, Adam Cooney
Tory Dickson, Tom Campbell, Liam Picken
William Minson, Ryan Griffen, Clay Smith
Justin Sherman, Thomas Liberatore, Luke Dahlhaus, Djerrkura
Out- Hargrave, Murphy, Addison, Cross, Roughead
In - Tutt, Veszpremi, Wallis, Austin, Djerrkura
Would drop any of Sherman, Cooney, Higgins if there was anyone to pick from. If Jong doesn't get elevated (if he still can?) soon gonna be pissed.

Shocker putting him back on the ground. Some things are not easy to do to help us perform better but here we have an opportunity to simply prevent one of our best players aggravating a hamstring injury and chose to let him play on.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Heard Murf on the radio today saying it will hopefully only be one week not four :oops:

Easty we don't need to tank, we are rubbish at the moment anyway.

Anybody else up for giving Lake 5 weeks from full forward and moving Jones to the backline.

What have we got to lose.

Start with Boyd and Cross. Am sick of these guys giving the opposition 20 uncontested possessions per week. They not only get the ball, they then mis their target by 20 meters giving an oposition player an easy uncontested posession.

Then our entire team has to double back to pick an opponent they had just left to support our ball winners.

These QUALITY guys play very tough, gutsy but POOR quality footy.

We have a team of quality people without decent footy skills.

Play every kid we can.

There is no point in us winning any more matches - I am not advocating "tanking" - but we need to see who is and isn't up to it, while the higher draft picks we get, the better.

Sorry to intrude but just look at Carlton and Melbourne to see how dangerous this mindset is.

Sorry to intrude but just look at Carlton and Melbourne to see how dangerous this mindset is.
Yes but have a look at Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn and see that it can work...

And Carlton would be a far better team if they kept Kennedy and didn't get Judd - they'd have a FF target and Gibbs would be playing on the ball and not stinking it up across the HBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back