Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tip against us and expect a loss ranging from 20 to over 40 points.

The only positive thing I can come up with for us is that the fremantle pressure involves getting up at us quickly. This is exactly what GWS did to us (GWS does it thru speed, Freo thru organisation and drilling) so at least we have had a good practice run at what to expect and after the early part of the game we actually did pretty well against GWS even with all our outs.

Martin had a good enough 2014 to get a place on the list 2015

When your depth is tested, he's perfect ......why the criticism ??

Talk him up all you want, he's not AFL standard, and this season he hasn't even been able to average 20 touches in the SANFL (he's being thoroughly outplayed by Charlie Molyneux). I'd wager that this is his last ever AFL game and that he will be the FIRST player delisted this offseason which will leave him stranded on 36 career games in 8 seasons. He wouldn't even be on our list right now if it wasn't for Tippettgate.

People aren't critical of his effort. He just isn't very good.

Um, Brown is averaging 2.5 kicks less than DMack who has a more attacking role and Brown has been more offensive this year, so much for taking the safe option but when your deep in defence that's not a bad trait anyway.

Defence is about having the right balance, Laird, Jaensch, Hendo and Dmack have all had time playing as the 7th defender.

You need some defenders who are lock down to stop the oppositions best forwards, that's Talia and Brown. Brown got touched up by Green last week but I don't think he was on him the whole game, besides that I don't believe has been beaten.

To suggest Brown is close to being dropped is laughable.

Sigh. Not every player needs to be compared to Mackay every single time mate.

To keep it to Brown. In no way has he been more offensive this year. He is averaging less disposals in 2015 than in both 2013/2014. There is only one stat where he is currently achieving a career high - and thats clangers per game (despite having less disposals per game than both 2013/2014 - its not skewed by him giving away a larger amount of free kicks).

His offensive game has not grown - especially considering he is performing worse offensively than his 2013 season.

Really disappointing. He is 22 years old now and has had 4 preseasons, played 54 out of a possible 55 games for us. Was really hoping that now that he is comfortable at AFL level defensively and his body is used to the rigours of AFL - he would radically improve the other side of his game.

Many who had seen him at Norwood thought he had the talent to become an AFL midfielder. Even reading back to when he was first traded in - Sando said he would end up as a fulltime midfielder. Just wonder why the offensive side of his game has not improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back