2nds Channel 7 get VFL Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not know if this is achievable but I would pay as part of my interstate membership to get more VFL coverage, the club can keep my hat and scarf (if it saves money) and provide me with greater game day access AFL/VFL akin.

You think that would be a Good Idea but Club has done nothing about it.

The North Ballarat Rebels put all there TAC Cup games in Full this year up on Youtube

Why on earth does this need to be done by a commercial network???

It's 2014 ... there's this new fangled thing called "the Internet" which allows video to be easily streamed live all around the planet :rolleyes:
True, but television connection is more reliable than any internet connection 2014 or not:

Why on earth does this need to be done by a commercial network???

It's 2014 ... there's this new fangled thing called "the Internet" which allows video to be easily streamed live all around the planet :rolleyes:
The Australian government has statistical proof that people don't even use the internet and that any investment in such would be a waste of money.

Who the hell is Phil Clearly? Is this a joke i'm not aware of?

he has been commentaiting, or boundary riding the vfl for like heaps of years.
Donegans a good commentator also and a pies man.

I thought his name was Phil Cleary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it still just 1 VFL match televised per round?

If so I don't see any difference between what we had before

Yep exactly the same as before except for a midday start instead of 1pm. The positive is that the ABC have been trying to pull the plug on it for years so we were in danger of having nothing.

The downside is that the 7 online stream that gets put up the next day is a mongrel. It has embedded ads and you can not skip forward. So there is no way you can watch a half and come back to it, and if you watch 3/4 of a game and your connection dies and you reload - you are back at the start and have to watch the whole thing again. ABC iView was 20x better.

Probably bad for the regional and remote teams as well. You'd guess that MM will keep their costs down by trying to stick to 3-4 inner city grounds and not road-trip out to Ballarat or Frankston if they can avoid it. Wouldn't be surprised if they push for a permanent venue with a game of the week so they can set up the infrastructure once.

Yep exactly the same as before except for a midday start instead of 1pm. The positive is that the ABC have been trying to pull the plug on it for years so we were in danger of having nothing.

The downside is that the 7 online stream that gets put up the next day is a mongrel. It has embedded ads and you can not skip forward. So there is no way you can watch a half and come back to it, and if you watch 3/4 of a game and your connection dies and you reload - you are back at the start and have to watch the whole thing again. ABC iView was 20x better.

Probably bad for the regional and remote teams as well. You'd guess that MM will keep their costs down by trying to stick to 3-4 inner city grounds and not road-trip out to Ballarat or Frankston if they can avoid it. Wouldn't be surprised if they push for a permanent venue with a game of the week so they can set up the infrastructure once.
yeah Victoria Park:cool:
Almost everytime ive watched the VFL its been at Port Melbournes ground.

Hopefully they have the brains to televise it throughout Australia, and not just in Victoria.
After all, they have Channels 7, 70, 71, 72, and 73.
I know that the will probably just show the WAFL in WA and the SANFL in SA,
but I'm sure a lot of footy followers would love to see their VFL sides play.
Yeah, not holding my breath for QLD... Would be so pumped if it did happen up here though

There is a AFL Torrent Site you could get them off;)

evidently they're only televising the Peter Jackson VFL games....... the standard VFL games either wont be televised or will stick with the ABC.

my understanding is that VFL games will become Peter Jackson VFL games when there is a hobbit present in one of the teams. In the case of Collingwood, if Jarryd Blair is playing VFL, then the game will become a Peter Jackson VFL game. It's complicated but I'm sure it will benefit our VFL side

Thanks.

Dang I was hoping the RD 3 game would been the TV Game.

Guess I have to have Updates while I am up in Noosa

Given that that game is at Victoria Park, I was going to say you could just listen in to the Collingwood Radio call, but you don't have a smartphone, from memory(?)

Got a laptop? You could listen in that way....

Given that that game is at Victoria Park, I was going to say you could just listen in to the Collingwood Radio call, but you don't have a smartphone, from memory(?)

Got a laptop? You could listen in that way....

I do have a Laptop and I guess I could try my Mum’s iPhone or iPad;)

Thought Depends on IF I am doing anything that day

Great, only 10 mins from where I live.
Downside is no home games for the first 8 weeks.

but Upside we have lot of Home Games on the Run in to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back