AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Spurs
From TVtonight.com.au

Advance Schedule for next week.

12am-8am
FOOTY MARATHON
Strap yourself in for an eight-hour marathon of some of the greatest Grand Finals ever played. The best Grand Final highlights of at least one premiership for each club who has saluted on football's biggest day will be shown, as SANDY ROBERTS takes footy fans down memory lane.

8am-9.30am
AFL GRAND FINAL - NORTH MELBOURNE BREAKFAST
There is no greater sporting breakfast than the iconic Grand Final Breakfast. The event is an institution on the Australian sporting calendar as it kicks off the AFL's biggest day of the year. The cream of the political, sporting and entertainment worlds come together here. Celebrating its 43rd year, the breakfast promises to be great viewing on Grand Final day again. Hosted by MARK BERETTA.

9.30am-12.30pm
AFL GAME DAY LIVE
AFL Game Day comes live from the MCG in a special three-hour Grand Final edition, catching up with a range of football superstars, personalities, journalists and a host of other stars. Join host HAMISH MCLACHLAN and the panel as they take a look at the big game and all its colour and excitement with ANDREW DADDO and REBECCA MADDERN.

12.30PM-6.00PM
GRAND FINAL
The AFL season reaches its crescendo with that one day in September. Seven Sport has all the action from the biggest day on the AFL calendar, the AFL Grand Final.

Geez,even the GF isn't a Daddo free zone :thumbsdown:

Haha!!! Classic.

Looks like I'll be switching on from 12:30 then, no wait, the TV will be on, but at least will start paying some attention to the TV at that time.

GF Marathon looks promising. They say a GF including all the teams, what about Freo?? (someone had to say it)

9.30am-12.30pm
AFL GAME DAY LIVE
AFL Game Day comes live from the MCG in a special three-hour Grand Final edition, catching up with a range of football superstars, personalities, journalists and a host of other stars. Join host HAMISH MCLACHLAN and the panel as they take a look at the big game and all its colour and excitement with ANDREW DADDO and REBECCA MADDERN.

wow... looks like i might be kicking off the drinking earlier than usual this year :rolleyes:

*ing mel and kochie would've been better than that

:thumbsdown:

So to entertain us for 3 hours we have the host of Yum Cha, and some Sydney flog.

You have to wonder who makes these decisions.

If you're reffering to Rebecca Maddern as "some Sydney flog" then you'd be wrong. She is a Geelong girl.

Maybe you are confusing her with Rebecca Wilson.

Tho I have to say, it is still slightly bemusing that she is on there. Shes just a newsreader. And why the **** is Andrew Daddo on!?!? It just makes absolutely no sense!!!!

Gotta love the footy marathon though!

If you're reffering to Rebecca Maddern as "some Sydney flog" then you'd be wrong. She is a Geelong girl.

Maybe you are confusing her with Rebecca Wilson.

Tho I have to say, it is still slightly bemusing that she is on there. Shes just a newsreader. And why the **** is Andrew Daddo on!?!? It just makes absolutely no sense!!!!

Gotta love the footy marathon though!

Indeed I was.

That makes it slightly better, but there must be 1000 people in this city to which football is their bread and butter. Journalists, ex-footballers, current footballers, journos, presenters, ex-coaches and so on. All of which were overlooked.

Channel 7 will not be taken seriously if they keep making these sort of decisions.

Anyone know what the Grand Final Marathon will contain?

From the description in the OP, it doesn't sound like the traditional Channel 7 GF Eve Marathons of pre-2002.

Back then, you would get final quarter of ANY FINAL, not just GFs. These were the best as every game you watched was one with a tight finish.

For Friday night next week, highlights of these GFs are possible...

Adelaide - 1998
Brisbane - 2001
Carlton - 1979
Collingwood - 1990
Essendon - 1984
Fremantle - NO GF WIN
Geelong - 1963
Hawthorn - 1989
Melbourne - 1964
North Melbourne - 1996
Port Adelaide - 2004 GF WIN not in Channel 7 Archive
Richmond - 1980
St.Kilda - 1966
Sydney - 2005 GF WIN not in Channel 7 Archive
West Coast - 1992
W.Bulldogs - NO GF WIN in Channel 7 Archive

I'm just glad they are bothering to do one this year at all. Was expecting Jessica Pimpson and ProActiv instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9.30am-12.30pm
AFL GAME DAY LIVE

May god have mercy on us all.

She's hot and thus worth watching, way ahead of Daddo :D

Although if she pumps up Geelong constantly (as she's done in the past when refering to AFL), i'll vomit!

Back then, you would get final quarter of ANY FINAL, not just GFs. These were the best as every game you watched was one with a tight finish.

Great point,

Most of the classic finals have been in the first three weeks of the series and not the big one. Would much rather see these games than any of the 2007, 2003, 2000 gf's for example

Hmmm...would love it if it was a Geelong v Hawthorn GF..then the last match anyone sees before the breakfast would be 1989 by choice (no complaints?) Good!

I'd go this way:

Carl v Coll - 1970 (may as well get it out of the way first up - from half-time);
Adel v St. K - 1997 (Jars)
Melb v Coll - 1964 (Gabbo and Neil Crompton)
Haw v Foots - 1961 (3rd term)
St. K v Coll - 1966 (Breen)
WCE v Geel - 1992 (3rd term)
Rich v Geel - 1967 (Hart)
North v Coll - 1977 (drawn)
Bris v Ess - 2001 (3rd term)
Ess v Haw - 1984 (Duckworth and Baker)
North v Syd - 1996 (any quarter)
Coll v Ess - 1990 (Millane at the end)
Geel v Haw - 1963 (Bobby's Dazzlers)
Haw v Geel - 1989 (the greatest ever)

From TVtonight.com.au

9.30am-12.30pm
AFL GAME DAY LIVE

This is a wind up.

Andrew Effing Daddo.
A blonde newsreader.
Hamish McLachlan.

You have to be kidding. Grand Final Day.

I have had the misfortune of crossing paths with H Mclachlan and he is one rude and obnoxious prick. He is dreadfully woeful on TV to boot.

And Mark Beretta for the breakfast.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back