Channel 7 GF Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

NEWS JUST IN FROM CHANNEL 7:

26.9.08----11pm-9am 27.9.08
Home and Away, the best years.

9am-12.30pm
Better Homes and Gardens, spring cleaning special.

12.30pm-2pm
Today Tonight Special Report on Teen Binge drinking and Terrorism.

2pm-4.30pm
Bruce's best moments from the Olympic Games, 1992-2008.

4.30pm-5.30pm
Dancing with the Stars AFL Edition.

5.30pm
Grand Final Starts.

:D, everone happy with the changes??

9am-12.30pm

12.30pm-2pm

2pm-4.30pm

4.30pm-5.30pm

5.30pm
Grand Final Starts.

You forgot to throw in an episode of "Hey Dad!" from 1987, "Now You See It" from 1991, and an Elvis Movie in the afternoon.

Hmmm...would love it if it was a Geelong v Hawthorn GF..then the last match anyone sees before the breakfast would be 1989 by choice (no complaints?) Good!

I'd go this way:

Carl v Coll - 1970 (may as well get it out of the way first up - from half-time);
Adel v St. K - 1997 (Jars)
Melb v Coll - 1964 (Gabbo and Neil Crompton)
Haw v Foots - 1961 (3rd term)
St. K v Coll - 1966 (Breen)
WCE v Geel - 1992 (3rd term)
Rich v Geel - 1967 (Hart)
North v Coll - 1977 (drawn)
Bris v Ess - 2001 (3rd term)
Ess v Haw - 1984 (Duckworth and Baker)
North v Syd - 1996 (any quarter)
Coll v Ess - 1990 (Millane at the end)
Geel v Haw - 1963 (Bobby's Dazzlers)
Haw v Geel - 1989 (the greatest ever)

pretty good

For Friday night next week, highlights of these GFs are possible...

Port Adelaide - 2004 GF WIN not in Channel 7 Archive
Sydney - 2005 GF WIN not in Channel 7 Archive

I'm just glad they are bothering to do one this year at all. Was expecting Jessica Pimpson and ProActiv instead.

I don't see much of an issue using 10 footage for these games as 7 did a full replay of the 2004 GF earlier this year.

As much as everyone bags 7 and salivates over 10, it's great to see 7 continue with the GF marathon. Never seen 10 do one before - they stick to the ProActiv and Benny Hinn.

I don't see much of an issue using 10 footage for these games as 7 did a full replay of the 2004 GF earlier this year.

As much as everyone bags 7 and salivates over 10, it's great to see 7 continue with the GF marathon. Never seen 10 do one before - they stick to the ProActiv and Benny Hinn.

Could have been in Adelaide only where they showed a full replay of the '04 GF on 7 using 10 footage, but I find that quite odd if true.

10 probably had their hands tied behind their back from the very beginning with FOXTEL insisting they will continue the "marathon" tradition...except their footage is limited to tired old black and white ABC footage from the late 60s and early 70s and GFs since 2002, their marathons suck

Glad to see it back on 7 who have the better selection of games to choose from

So to entertain us for 3 hours we have the host of Yum Cha, and some Sydney flog.

You have to wonder who makes these decisions.

Bring back the days of the u/18's and Reserves playing before the GF, at least it filled in the day with something worth watching. Think I'll turn the TV on at 2.30 in time for the bounce.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12am-8am
FOOTY MARATHON
Strap yourself in for an eight-hour marathon of some of the greatest Grand Finals ever played. The best Grand Final highlights of at least one premiership for each club who has saluted on football's biggest day will be shown, as SANDY ROBERTS takes footy fans down memory lane.
- I'll watch until I fall asleep like every year.

8am-9.30am
AFL GRAND FINAL - NORTH MELBOURNE BREAKFAST
There is no greater sporting breakfast than the iconic Grand Final Breakfast. The event is an institution on the Australian sporting calendar as it kicks off the AFL's biggest day of the year. The cream of the political, sporting and entertainment worlds come together here. Celebrating its 43rd year, the breakfast promises to be great viewing on Grand Final day again. Hosted by MARK BERETTA.
- I'll be still alseep thank god

9.30am-12.30pm
AFL GAME DAY LIVE
AFL Game Day comes live from the MCG in a special three-hour Grand Final edition, catching up with a range of football superstars, personalities, journalists and a host of other stars. Join host HAMISH MCLACHLAN and the panel as they take a look at the big game and all its colour and excitement with ANDREW DADDO and REBECCA MADDERN.
- Was thinking of watching it but what can Daddo & Maddern tell me about the day? thank god for Triple M

12.30PM-6.00PM
GRAND FINAL
The AFL season reaches its crescendo with that one day in September. Seven Sport has all the action from the biggest day on the AFL calendar, the AFL Grand Final.
- I'll be setting up my Foxtel IQ, Get a feed of the radio call from Triple M off the net and enjoy game the way it should be enjoyed.

9am-12.30pm

12.30pm-2pm

2pm-4.30pm

4.30pm-5.30pm

5.30pm
Grand Final Starts.

Aww, I was hoping for an encore presentation of 'Kochie takes on the Credit Crunch'

She's hot and thus worth watching, way ahead of Daddo :D

Although if she pumps up Geelong constantly (as she's done in the past when refering to AFL), i'll vomit!

Exactly!
I'll happily watch Rebecca Maddern sitting quietly, saying nothing, maybe sipping water, she's gorgeous!
But it'd have to be without seeing OR hearing Daddo. He was a *ingg disgrace on that bastard of a show at the Olympics, and apparently knows less about football.
And after all that, I've gotta listen to Bruce "May as well be a Daddo" Macavaney. Probably have to turn the radio on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back