Channel 9 Grand Final spoil sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does anyone else out there despise Channel 9.
This year they have sent their helicopter over the MCG and had a report on the news tonight showing footage of the rehearsals and what to expect on GF Day.
They are forever bagging the other networks in particular Tony "I know everything" Jones and Sam Newman.
They always thought they were a cut above the rest when they were winning the ratings all the time but I think it is time they realised that was a long time ago and they are now are a hum drum rabble.
Look what they have done to Melb Storm and the NRL making promises they haven't kept and bumping last weeks game to after midnight.

PS NO, I don't work or have affiliations with any other network...........that is normally Tony Jones tack whenever anyone criticises him or Channel 9, play the man instead of the ball.

I just despise Tony Jones to the utmost. He is a disgraceful person to work in the media, to be host of the sunday footy show is a disgrace. He is an arrogant wan""er who is an absolute bad bloke. I hate him.

Well I missed it, so what can I say other than whoever saw it should consider themselves unlucky that the surprise was told before acceptances.

Who gives a toss? It's half time entertainment. We all know Channel Nine are jealous over losing the rights to the greatest game in the world.
They screw up NRL in Melbourne.
At least give them the "BIG SCOOP" on half time entertainment!!!

At least give them the "BIG SCOOP" on half time entertainment!!!

Pre-Game you mean.

I know they did half time shows in the 90s, but they would absolutely suck if one team is flogging the other by halftime (like last year). Entertainment at halftime is supposed to make us look forward to the second half? No way, unless you barrack for the side that's winning.

Boo hoo the prematch entertainment was spoiled.... who gives a flying fudge. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'll be fudged if i'm watching all that crap - i will get in my seat by the national anthem - I only give a crap about game, not the bs that goes before it.

As for Tony Jones, I really enjoy his work on the Sunday Footy Show - has one of the driest sense of humour which works very well for him. The Sunday Footy Show is 10 times more interesting than the paltry Thursday night version - at least they have some intelligent discussion on football. Thursday night is just a load of crap, mainly wiuth Sam Newman trying to interrupt the panelists. Last night reminded me why I have been getting back into Law and Order..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channal 9 should be more worried about their rapidly falling ratings instead of putting s**t on the other channels!

Boo hoo the prematch entertainment was spoiled.... who gives a flying fudge. I'm going to the game tomorrow and I'll be fudged if i'm watching all that crap - i will get in my seat by the national anthem - I only give a crap about game, not the bs that goes before it.

As for Tony Jones, I really enjoy his work on the Sunday Footy Show - has one of the driest sense of humour which works very well for him. The Sunday Footy Show is 10 times more interesting than the paltry Thursday night version - at least they have some intelligent discussion on football. Thursday night is just a load of crap, mainly wiuth Sam Newman trying to interrupt the panelists. Last night reminded me why I have been getting back into Law and Order..

Law and Order devotee ................says it all!

Does anyone else out there despise Channel 9.
This year they have sent their helicopter over the MCG and had a report on the news tonight showing footage of the rehearsals and what to expect on GF Day.
They are forever bagging the other networks in particular Tony "I know everything" Jones and Sam Newman.
They always thought they were a cut above the rest when they were winning the ratings all the time but I think it is time they realised that was a long time ago and they are now are a hum drum rabble.
Look what they have done to Melb Storm and the NRL making promises they haven't kept and bumping last weeks game to after midnight.

PS NO, I don't work or have affiliations with any other network...........that is normally Tony Jones tack whenever anyone criticises him or Channel 9, play the man instead of the ball.

Is that you Leckie?? Cmon own up:p

I laugh at their attempt to get in on other networks action, the grand final breakfast only started / only began being 'broadcast' when they first had the afl rights.

Flicked channels and saw Robbo attempting to sing a Mike Brady classic, really disasterous.

Just saw their crappy highlights package of the on field action, really laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back