Cheers to.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers to Easton Wood and the Bont for many a 'hand sliding gently down the shorts' moment!

They'd have belted the yelp out of us, courtesy of Messrs Hodge, Lewis, Gibson and Mitchell.

Christ, I hate that club. I respect the manner in which they're run, but I loathe their players and leaders.
And let's not forget to loath their bandwagon supporters x 100.

What was it 11,000 to a game in 2004 against Port.

Cheers to zgope1 for saying in the pre season Dahl should play a lot of minutes in the midfield. AA squad baby

Cheers to Bevo. I remember someone from this board (can't recall who though) had a chat with Bev or someone that heard this from Bev that he thought Stringer would be AA inside two years.

At least we know what Bev will do once he hangs the clipboard up.

Luke Beveridge - Tarot card reader

Cheers to Rohan Smith - line coach of the best backline in the league. :thumbsu:

1, 2, 5 & 6 in the B&F
Most improved player
Best first year player
2 All Australians
Some amazingly disrespectful things were said about him as late as this preseason on this board. Glad he's well and truly stuck it right up them.

Some amazingly disrespectful things were said about him as late as this preseason on this board. Glad he's well and truly stuck it right up them.
to be fair though our backline was amongst the worst for the previous three years with Smith in charge. So can the improvement be wholly attributed to him and if so, the question needs to be asked why were they so bad before Bev took charge.

to be fair though our backline was amongst the worst for the previous three years with Smith in charge. So can the improvement be wholly attributed to him and if so, the question needs to be asked why were they so bad before Bev took charge.
Obviously the head coach sets the general direction and Bev has let the guys - and coaches - have their heads to show what they can do. The previous coach did not allow such things.

Obviously the head coach sets the general direction and Bev has let the guys - and coaches - have their heads to show what they can do. The previous coach did not allow such things.

Kind of agree with you here, was just trying to address why some were questioning Smiths capabilities as a coach without having the hindsight of the past season.
Was also trying to avoid the Macca debate, and was thinking to myself just then Wow how far has that bloke fallen in our estimation from the first 2 years of his tenure at the dogs.
Went from the messiah to he who shall not be named.

Kind of agree with you here, was just trying to address why some were questioning Smiths capabilities as a coach without having the hindsight of the past season.
Was also trying to avoid the Macca debate, and was thinking to myself just then Wow how far has that bloke fallen in our estimation from the first 2 years of his tenure at the dogs.
Went from the messiah to he who shall not be named.
I remember bringing up at the time that I knew a young player who he had coached. And the the kid absolutely loved Bubba, thought the world of him as a coach. I said at the time that I'd take the word of that kid over baseless speculation on here (some of which went far beyond the very fair "maybe he isn't very good" and into the "he's a jobs for the boys appointment and semi-literate"). I was shouted down or ignored. It seems the kid may have been right and a few keyboard heroes (I don't actually remember the posters as I'd call them out) were wrong.

I remember bringing up at the time that I knew a young player who he had coached. And the the kid absolutely loved Bubba, thought the world of him as a coach. I said at the time that I'd take the word of that kid over baseless speculation on here (some of which went far beyond the very fair "maybe he isn't very good" and into the "he's a jobs for the boys appointment and semi-literate"). I was shouted down or ignored. It seems the kid may have been right and a few keyboard heroes (I don't actually remember the posters as I'd call them out) were wrong.
He's the least impressive afl level coach I've ever met. Can barely string 2 words together and spits out cliche after cliche.

Assessing assistant coaches is nigh on impossible. How was he rated when our defence was a disgrace last year?? Beveridge walks in with an amazing defensive system and now Rohan smith is a guru??

As i said, assistants are so so hard to judge, but on what I've seen and experienced, I stand by my comments on smith.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the least impressive afl level coach I've ever met. Can barely string 2 words together and spits out cliche after cliche.

Assessing assistant coaches is nigh on impossible. How was he rated when our defence was a disgrace last year?? Beveridge walks in with an amazing defensive system and now Rohan smith is a guru??

As i said, assistants are so so hard to judge, but on what I've seen and experienced, I stand by my comments on smith.
That's nice, you've met the bloke. Have you been coached by him?
Stand by your comments all you like. I stand by mine that they were disrespectful and appear to have been incredibly wrong.

Easton is in love with him (his words not mine). Enough said.

Can i go way way back? Ricky Kennedy. Love love love. Biff!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Please do!

The more stories the better.

Cheers to our highness, The Bont. Will go down in history as one of the top handful of players of all time. If this year was 2nd year blues... bring on the 3rd, 4th and beyond. We are so lucky!!!

Oh yeah, and cheers to Stringer! so much enjoyment, so few games!!! Freak!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back