Chips Shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has anyone heard/seen anything definitive from the club re Chips shoulder?

Watching the video it looks like he injures it as he extends it forward, without any direct trauma. As he falls he starts to protect already. If you look closely at the video as he falls I think you can see the head of the humerus out of the socket. I'm guessing it popped back in when he went to ground, which would explain why it didn't need a tug to get it back in.

That's real bad luck for him and us if it has been dislocated, probably season ending.

chips_shoulder.jpg

Given it's a definitive 3 month lay-off post surgery, I'm hopeful the club will just rest him & strap it up there-after....Being a ball & socket joint means that such an option remains viable. Then send him off to the surgeon post-season....Judd was forever popping his shoulders in his junior days.

From what I saw it looked like he had his arm out on the 90 degree angle with the Elbow bent when he made contact with Daniher which bumped it forward and popped it out. The replay they show starts after he has already suffered the injury.

Hopefully the results of a scan are not too serious but shoulders generally aren't minor issues.

Just on that moment, how was there no free kick against Daniher for an unrealistic attempt. All he did was take Gibson out of the contest by jumping on him.

Given it's a definitive 3 month lay-off post surgery, I'm hopeful the club will just rest him & strap it up there-after....Being a ball & socket joint means that such an option remains viable. Then send him off to the surgeon post-season....Judd was forever popping his shoulders in his junior days.

In a semi final I took a mark and got pushed in the back.. I sorta superman slid and as I hit the ground my shoulder popped out and as the guy behind fell and we rolled it went back in. It was a split second however from that split second the only possible way to move forward was a reco..

Chip would have damage to ligaments around shoulder joint and the actual ball and socket would be extremely loose and unreliable. I got back in 12 weeks, but it can be anywhere from 12-18 weeks. He's out for the remainder of the season would be my guess.

From what I saw it looked like he had his arm out on the 90 degree angle with the Elbow bent when he made contact with Daniher which bumped it forward and popped it out. The replay they show starts after he has already suffered the injury.

Hopefully the results of a scan are not too serious but shoulders generally aren't minor issues.

Just on that moment, how was there no free kick against Daniher for an unrealistic attempt. All he did was take Gibson out of the contest by jumping on him.

Thanks for that, it makes more sense if there was some contact. I'm travelling at the moment and for some reason I can't get the full replay to play, only short videos.

Joe Daniher is the most clumsy useless piece of s**t in the league, he has about 10 unrealistic attempts each game. It's downright dangerous, someone should just tunnel him each time to teach the campaigner.

Joe Daniher is the most clumsy useless piece of s**t in the league, he has about 10 unrealistic attempts each game. It's downright dangerous, someone should just tunnel him each time to teach the campaigner.
Its like he has major issues judging the flight of the ball and makes the most unrealistic attempts to mark sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the Chip's are down....

Bring in Kurt.

If Frawley is gone for the year, and Heatherly's form is as good as the reports from Box Hill have indicated, he's as close to a like for like as we have.

Drawing a long bow, but there's no-one else left on their feet (Spang injured, Shoe off the pace).

When the Chip's are down....

Bring in Kurt.

If Frawley is gone for the year, and Heatherly's form is as good as the reports from Box Hill have indicated, he's as close to a like for like as we have.

Drawing a long bow, but there's no-one else left on their feet (Spang injured, Shoe off the pace).

I like this. He has been groomed for a few years now, and according to reports has played some very good games for Box Hill. He would get the third tall, and maybe get the chasing job on Travis around the wing. There's plenty of good experienced players he would learn from.

Surgery will be season over so will try to manage it and hope for the best. If it goes again then its season anyway.

MMM said it went back in ok and wasn't too sore so best case is month out.

Adem Yze on 3aw said he was feeling pretty good last night but they won't know much until they have scans tomorrow to see what the damage is
I did similar to mine , felt good the day after with icing and had ok range of movement
Scan came back , needed a reco and full 6 month rehab

Would be surprised if he gets back this season but you never know

People think this isn't a big loss. It is.

Frawley may have been not getting much attention, but his opponents weren't kicking goals. We will now be vulnerable against any team with 2 quality talls. I'd feel better with Spangher, but as he's injured.. Our options are a debutant and shoenmakers.

Not good

People think this isn't a big loss. It is.

Frawley may have been not getting much attention, but his opponents weren't kicking goals. We will now be vulnerable against any team with 2 quality talls. I'd feel better with Spangher, but as he's injured.. Our options are a debutant and shoenmakers.

Not good
Agreed. Lake has slowed down and can only play on stay at home forwards who do not lead much. Lake still the king in marking contests but volnerable on the elad or up the ground. Frawley was taking those kind of players so now it is left to someone else. We will have to adjust.

Just quietly, check out how Hodge dealt with him millisecs prior to Duryea taking a mark and landing on his back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back