Chris Judd or Nat Fyfe, whose first 100 games were better ?

Remove this Banner Ad

How does a player become a "Champion" after just 100 games?
Well Google defines the word champion as 'a person who has defeated or surpassed all rivals in a competition, especially in sports.' I reckon Fyfe has managed that. He's the best in the league by a mile with Ablett out injured (and probably has an ageing Ablett covered now anyway).

Don't be so bitter just because he plays for your rival!

I think it's arguable Fyfe arrived at that level last year. Would have romped in the Brownlow if not for 4 weeks of suspension.

If you're playing what ifs you may as well factor in Ablett not injuring his shoulder last year into your Brownlow calculations.

Well Google defines the word champion as 'a person who has defeated or surpassed all rivals in a competition, especially in sports.' I reckon Fyfe has managed that. He's the best in the league by a mile with Ablett out injured (and probably has an ageing Ablett covered now anyway).

I'm not sure about a mile.
Maybe 1.6 kilometres though.

Sure he'll end up at Freo in the next few years. Same with McGovern. The heart wants what the heart wants, afterall.

Hill and a few of your guys are Eagles fans, will they also switch sides based on your hair brained logic? :drunk:

I can still remember Judd kicking 5 explosive goals in a half against the Lions in their prime, would have been 2003. This board went into absolute meltdown and there was even a 'Chris Judd board' set up for a few days.

He was an absolute freak!

Was indeed '03, good times and we beat the premiers by 69 on their home turf as well.

Judd, but I don't think by as much as a few people are suggesting.
Fyfe has actually polled more Brownlow votes than Judd in his first 100 games. Judd got 68 in his first 100 (6 finals), Fyfe has 75 from 92 games (9 finals) and then what ever he has received in his first 8 games this year.

I think opposition teams are a better judge of a player. The fear that the player puts into the heart of the opposition supporter when they get the ball is a good measure of how good they are. I'll leave it to other teams supporters to judge Fyfe then.

For me, Chris Judd circa West coast hands down is the best first 100 game player that I have ever seen in person. I always knew we were in trouble when he got the ball.

Fyfe has actually polled more Brownlow votes than Judd in his first 100 games. Judd got 68 in his first 100 (6 finals), Fyfe has 75 from 92 games (9 finals) and then what ever he has received in his first 8 games this year.

Judd's first 100 included 2005 where Cousins and Kerr dominated the voting and minimised Judd's votes.

Without intending on any bias (I know that it's hard coming from a West Coast supporter) but I think that there has been a shift over the last few years with the Brownlow where the top players get a lot more votes than the players of 10 years ago did.

Judd, comfortably.

Judd's 100th game was 8 games into the 2006 season, his 5th year.

From Rd 2, 2002 to Rd 8, 2006 he missed one game. His B&F placings were 3, 2, 1, 2 then he ended up winning it again in 2006. He won AA selection and the Brownlow in 2004 and a Norm Smith in 2005.

Judd at West Coast was just phenomenal. Right now Fyfe is probably the best player in the AFL in the absence of Ablett. Judd was comfortably the best played in the AFL from 2004 until he got injured 2007. The emergence of Ablett from 2007 has shaded some people's memory of just how fapped over Judd was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best in the league by a mile? Well he better just retire then since he has accomplished everything in his first 100 games! Or could it be that he actually hasn't achieved anything yet?

But hey, why stop with just Champion? Let the hyperbole train off the tracks " 100 gamer All time great" " 100 gamer Greatest ever" " 100 gamer Hall of Famer" " 100 gamer Legend of the game"

Bitterness has nothing do to with it, its the stupidity of labelling a player, any player, at the start of what could possibly be a 300+ game career a "Champion" despite having achieved exactly * all.

If Fyfe was to have a career ending injury next game and never play again, tell me, would he be remember as a "Champion"?

Is he a vastly talented player? Yes. Will he end his career as a "Champion" of the game. Yes. Will he be the best player in the league? Probably.

But is he a Champion right now after 100 games? No.

Chris Judd at west coast was the best player I've seen.

I can't imagine most eastern state people have seen.most of his games played at WCE since many believe that he didn't drop off form too much at the blues...

Judd's first hundred games were better, but Fyfe has gone through game 100 a better player. It's a paradox, just enjoy it

Pre-groin injury Judd was otherworldy, don't know if there's ever been anyone as good inside and outside as him, he has gone through such an tragic yet noble metamorphosis into the harderned warrior we see before us its hard to fully reconcile what a player he was. Fyfe can takeover games singlehandedly as well with his Fyfeness, but I think he's only this year and last he's truly dominated. Judd amazingly from his 3rd year on was the best. Hopefully injury doesn't curtail him like it did Judd.

It's Judd.

But it's worth remembering, Haydn Bunton's first 101 games (6 seasons) included 3 Brownlows, a second, a Top 10 and a Top 20. He also averaged 2 goals a game (won the club goal-kicking twice). I think he's still the standard.

Judd was bloody good, though.

oh please, put him in this league wouldn't last a season.

Best in the league by a mile? Well he better just retire then since he has accomplished everything in his first 100 games! Or could it be that he actually hasn't achieved anything yet?

But hey, why stop with just Champion? Let the hyperbole train off the tracks " 100 gamer All time great" " 100 gamer Greatest ever" " 100 gamer Hall of Famer" " 100 gamer Legend of the game"

Bitterness has nothing do to with it, its the stupidity of labelling a player, any player, at the start of what could possibly be a 300+ game career a "Champion" despite having achieved exactly **** all.

If Fyfe was to have a career ending injury next game and never play again, tell me, would he be remember as a "Champion"?

Is he a vastly talented player? Yes. Will he end his career as a "Champion" of the game. Yes. Will he be the best player in the league? Probably.

But is he a Champion right now after 100 games? No.
Fyfe is a champion. Nothing you have said has proven otherwise.

Judd had a better 1st hundred clearly. Also clear is that he was more physically ready for AFL footy. Fyfe was scrawny, Judd wasn't. Fyfe's best is in front of him. Do we need these reactionary threads?

Fyfe has Judd in arial ability and that's it, I've followed them both closely and I would take Juddy every day of the week over Fyfe. Not saying Fyfie isn't good because he is very good but not that good.

Look
I can still remember Judd kicking 5 explosive goals in a half against the Lions in their prime, would have been 2003. This board went into absolute meltdown and there was even a 'Chris Judd board' set up for a few days.

He was an absolute freak!
Looks at join date

Remove this Banner Ad

Back