Multiplat Cities: Skylines

Remove this Banner Ad

You know this game is good when I'm spending more time with it than Bloodborne. I know it's been extremely well received in gaming circles, kinda sucks that this board doesn't have much time for it. Instead they're wasting their time with crud like Destiny :p

You know this game is good when I'm spending more time with it than Bloodborne. I know it's been extremely well received in gaming circles, kinda sucks that this board doesn't have much time for it. Instead they're wasting their time with crud like Destiny :p

I think that it was always going to be received well given its quality, but the whole Sim City debacle has amplified the response.

Financially the game isn't difficult, but planning and getting good traffic flow and making pretty cities and balancing demand between different zoning types....all of that has a certain level of difficulty.

Also you can up the financial difficulty fo the game if you want. I probably will for my second city. This first one is a bit of a test if anything.

How do I get Garbage trucks moving through my city? Every time I click on a landfill it says 0/16 or 17 trucks and all my residence have garbage pilling up! Can't seem to work it out.
Probably traffic problems. Your tricks have to be able to get everywhere and back in a decent time or garbage will pile up. Once your town gets beyond being very small, it is probably best not to have all your landfill and incinerators in one area; unless that area is very easy to get to. But that will depend on your layout and road structures.

How do I get Garbage trucks moving through my city? Every time I click on a landfill it says 0/16 or 17 trucks and all my residence have garbage pilling up! Can't seem to work it out.
Yeah definitely traffic issues, same if you have fires everywhere and the trucks cannot make it due to congestion in the roads. Best way to fix this is to design your city with a main road running through the middle, only use single lane roads for suburbia.

People are saying that this game is easy and yes, FINANCIALLY it is but design-wise it is not.

It's very satisfying removing a big traffic congestion or placing a train line that's very popular with the locals.

I also love that the cars will preferentially use the faster roads, but only to a certain point. If the highway is extremely indirect then they will use small streets, and hence you have designed things poorly.

In the new Sim "City", cars would always take the shortest route, regardless of the road speed and size. There was a brilliant gif floating around on the internet of a backlog of cars down a dirt road whilst a parallel 3-lane avenue 10 metres across was completely empty.

I picked this up today, looks good so far.

Enjoy :)

Also don't forget guys to download the AFL and Cricket ovals on the Steam Workshop.

I think search Footy Oval and you'll get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No how do I get that?
Not at the computer so doing this from memory.

In steam (or I think even in the game) go to the Cities skylines page and then steam workshop.
There is a heap of mods, buildings, etc that people have created. Search for automatic bulldoze. They need to be subscribed to and then when you've loaded the game click mods and enable them in there.

As I said that's from memory so I hope I've got it right.

I flooded my city about 4 or 5 times before realising what the hell I was doing wrong.
Ive gone the other way.
Wanted power did it up stream.
Flooded the forrest and cut off water from my pumps and I had no water supply to my city :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back