News Clarkson to step away from football indefinitely

Remove this Banner Ad

It means fair treatment, he's got the best lawyers in town and had 6 months to work on his dodgy story.
You need to stop defending an alleged racist who allegedly pressured an Indigenous family to terminate a pregnancy.
Is that you, Kane??

Sent from my CPH2211 using Tapatalk

I used the words 'I can't see why the stolen generation happened either but it did' referencing the fact that it should never have happened and there was no justifiable reason for it. As I said I am offering to help you understand the Stolen Genertaion. It may change your perspective on matters.
semantics. i know the history, thanks anyway, over and out!

Never thought I’d agree with a bomber fan but here we are

Essendon supporters recognise this because when our own coach and others were put in the AFL gun, the club's focus shifted too much toward the valiant defence of these individuals and away from our core business of winning footy games.

It consumed the club for years.

That was somewhat unavoidable in our situation (given the players were wrapped up in it) but still, Hird was made a central figure as he was the AFL's target, and should have been stood down from coaching while this was ongoing. It would have been better for him to fight his battle and for the club to get some focus off it, and have a coach who is 100% focused on coaching. By all means, support him in the background if you want.

But you cannot let pride in an indivdual overtake the club's interests. The club comes first.

North's situation is a little different as the club and players aren't involved.

Unfortunately for Clarko it's a Clarko issue.

Standing him down is the right move and tbh, I would totally understand if North moved him on permanently. If fact, I'd just about say they should. The North board's first responsibility is to do what's best for North, not what's best for Clarko.

I get that would be hard as he has the messiah halo and is going to save the club and take it back to glory but really... has that horse bolted anyway? Is that really still going to happen?

Kane Cornes is copping a lot of flak for saying young North players would be assessing their future over this. He's absolutely right, they would be. An AFL career is short and they all want success. How can they expect it at North if this hangs around for potentially years which, now that lawyers are involved, it probably will.

North are now in a state of flux regarding the most important person at the club, the senior coach, and thus the whole direction of the football program. What are they doing? Just biding time til Clarko is back? When is that? A few weeks? OK, that's alright. But a few months? Years?

Of course if there's an offer from another club that is totally focused on footy they're gonna look at it to go and win games,

I used the words 'I can't see why the stolen generation happened either but it did' referencing the fact that it should never have happened and there was no justifiable reason for it. As I said I am offering to help you understand the Stolen Genertaion. It may change your perspective on matters.
I have spent time in communities, spent time at uni learning the ins and outs and I can honestly admit, I know nothing nor will I ever be able to grasp the amount of pain that part of history caused.

I have spent time in communities, spent time at uni learning the ins and outs and I can honestly admit, I know nothing nor will I ever be able to grasp the amount of pain that part of history caused.

Happily, give you some further education if you ever want. The books, movies and readings give but a shadow of the truth. Good post.

Then why are people incarcerated before trial?
This is only when it is pretty obvious they did the crime, not withstanding a trial, and the release of the individual poses a direct threat to the community. They will still get their time in court to defend themselves. But a very very rare thing in law for this to happen.

This is only when it is pretty obvious they did the crime, not withstanding a trial, and the release of the individual poses a direct threat to the community. They will still get their time in court to defend themselves. But a very very rare thing in law for this to happen.

People are held before trial all the time so they are assumed guilty.

I know the story/people involved. Cultural insensitivity maybe. Racism no way. The whole investigation is a shambles. It should have taken a month.
If it had taken only a month then you'd be claiming that the process was a sham anyway, pre-determined outcomes etc etc. How and where do you draw the line between cultural insensitivity and racism?

Always happy for the recommendations.

At some stage in the next few months I will send you my personal account of what it was like to be a stolen one and the brutality we experienced. Keep being told it is therapeutic to write it down but still not sure as sometimes I just don't want to relive it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a fraction of the numbers charged. They must pose a real and direct threat to the community.

So would someone accused of asking Aboriginal families to abort their children, be a direct threat to Aboriginal people in their care?

This is one of the stupidest things I've read on here.

So everyone that believes the coiaches and Burt over the players is also steeped in racism?

Was it you that threw that banana, or your mate and you're just trying to get some after the fact justification by making s**t up?
BLOODY WELL SAID

Well, you're wrong on this.

Yes the nutters are here.
I'm not convinced Clarkson had an anger episode because of the probe.
His team was getting flogged and he is obsessed with winning.
We've already seen in the report what lengths he will go to to win.

Are all 16,000 posts you've pumped out in the past 2 years as stupid as this one?

No-one should have to prove their innocence. They are innocent until proven otherwise. Read a book.
Not in that buffoon's eyes. His views are straight out of the old KGB text book. You know that there's a good chance of Clarkson, Fagan and Burt being innocent if Aristotle has already hung, drawn and quartered them. And in response to your question, the answer is definitely yes.

Back