Club Clothing Sponsors

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Mr Eagle
If there is one thing to be gained from such an interesting choice, it's that St Kilda supporters' gear will probably be a bit cheaper than what the premium brands flog. Cost for quality issues aside, that's definitely a bonus if your core supporter group isn't flush with cash. And if they can get the goods sold in Target stores as well, that's extra market exposure.

Good post.

Our guernsey sponsor was (and I think still is) Sekem and they target a different group of consumers to the likes of Nike, Adidas and Fila. Being a cheaper brand it meant they sold for $100 in the shops as opposed to $120+ at most clubs. The other official on-field apparel was also very reasonably priced compared to what we had to pay when Puma were our sponsors. People like Falconer can shop at Jag and Country Road but if the club merchandise is cheaper and still good quality it will sell more.

And like Savatage said it's in the clubs interest to go for the brand who gives us the best deal.

Everton,

As impressive as the figures you quoted sound, I find it hard to believe. ;)

Originally posted by pazza
I think in relation to FILA, they went broke about 2 years ago.

FILA can't be totally broke as a Worldwide company, but they definitely lacked the resources to put in apparrel from last year onwards.

The Roos have let Russell Athletic go and will Market there own merchandise from next season.
Russell apparently are only going to sponsor the Lions and the International rules team for another 2 seasons and will then pull out of Footy all together.
That means The Roos,Crows,Dockers will have new deal from next year.
At the end of the day who cares who sponsors your club,as long as it is quality merchandise and it doesn't look half bad My Granny could knit the jumpers for all I care.

Originally posted by thumping
The Roos have let Russell Athletic go and will Market there own merchandise from next season.
Russell apparently are only going to sponsor the Lions and the International rules team for another 2 seasons and will then pull out of Footy all together.
That means The Roos,Crows,Dockers will have new deal from next year.
At the end of the day who cares who sponsors your club,as long as it is quality merchandise and it doesn't look half bad My Granny could knit the jumpers for all I care.

Crows should have stuck with Adidas;)

Originally posted by TigerCraig
So what's wrong with Slazenger ?

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with them. Slazenger are a multi-million dollar, multi-national company. They are one of the biggest brands in tennis and cricket and have know ventured into Football, and having some of their GFC gear, it is very reasonably priced and good quality.

Originally posted by Dasher39
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with them. Slazenger are a multi-million dollar, multi-national company. They are one of the biggest brands in tennis and cricket and have know ventured into Football, and having some of their GFC gear, it is very reasonably priced and good quality.

Does it matter really?

If Slazenger were paying the pussies $2m and Piping Hot paying the Saints $3m, would you care about how good the company is?

Idiot

$3 million, huh? Didn't know it was that much, but thats great! Help us get even further into the black, or the red, or whichever one means we have heaps of $$! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back