Coaching Panel Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news, he's a gun. Seriously though, it'll make it a damn sight easier to wave ta ta to sando. He surrounds himself with mediocrity and he deserves the results he gets. They will all get cleaned out when we recruit our next coach. Seriously thinking that noble is highly over-rated.

The assistant coaches were all re-signed prior to Sanderson's appointment. Sanderson only had a say in the Milburn appointment because Hart left.

I like this thread because it's something that we need to improve. The unfortunate passing of Bailey was a big lose this year in many ways. Sanderson is a much better coach with experience to bounce off. Bomber Thompson the obvious candidate.

We should hit up Jono Brown about the forward line coaching role. Exactly the type of person/player we need Jenkins to be learning from.

The assistant coaches were all re-signed prior to Sanderson's appointment. Sanderson only had a say in the Milburn appointment because Hart left.

I like this thread because it's something that we need to improve. The unfortunate passing of Bailey was a big lose this year in many ways. Sanderson is a much better coach with experience to bounce off. Bomber Thompson the obvious candidate.

Wouldn't a competent club have riders in assistant coaching contract making them null and void in the event of a change of senior coach.

Why would Bickley move on? There's no peformance standards, so happy days.

We are, by a fair stretch now, the biggest joke in the competition.

It's not even comedy anymore. It's that show Mr T hosts with all the fools on You Tube. That's what the Adelaide Football Club is.

Lolllll we are by a fair stretch the biggest joke in the competition. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Can only hope you're half joking..

Ec2TVI1.gif

If I was rolling in cash, I would have snapped my laptop across my knee upon reading this.

Lolllll we are by a fair stretch the biggest joke in the competition. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Can only hope you're half joking..

Perhaps I need to remind you that Charlie Cameron was dropped today and Matt Crouch is the sub.

On the positive side, we are using today to get lots of development into Brent Reilly.

Perhaps I need to remind you that Charlie Cameron was dropped today and Matt Crouch is the sub.

On the positive side, we are using today to get lots of development into Brent Reilly.

Nah it's ok I'n pretty filthy about that too. But biggest joke in the competition is a big statement! I would reserve that sort of comment for melbourne, or 2012 port etc.

Is there any club currently with a worse coaching set up? Probably Brisbane but too early to call.

I will leave judging Sando to next year but he hasn't inspired a lot in selections this year.

This off season they have to do a big clean out and it will be interesting to see if our club can actually step up to the plate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There won't be a clean out. They will add someone senior and get rid of campo - those plus an internal re shuffle will be it

There won't be a clean out. They will add someone senior and get rid of campo - those plus an internal re shuffle will be it
Agree but would like to see Bicks, Campo, Dr. Clarke and the Fitness "guru" moved out or out of the senior roles. They just aren't good enough.

T
Why would Bickley move on? There's no peformance standards, so happy days.

We are, by a fair stretch now, the biggest joke in the competition.

It's not even comedy anymore. It's that show Mr T hosts with all the fools on You Tube. That's what the Adelaide Football Club is.
i want change to freshen things up.
BUT to be fair our offensively game is way better than our defensive game. Despite our losses in last few weeks we've still had the most shots on goal of any team. Pity they can't convert. Plus we've been top 4 or 5 over the year for points scored.

Our whole ground defense is a way bigger issue. So despite Bickley being a forward coach (who played as a mid), this is far from our biggest issue.

Our 3 biggest issues:
1. Skills (turnovers)
2. Defensive pressure (all over ground)
3. Mental toughness at critical moments

Personnel wise adding speed and defenders would be nice.

T
i want change to freshen things up.
BUT to be fair our offensively game is way better than our defensive game. Despite our losses in last few weeks we've still had the most shots on goal of any team. Pity they can't convert. Plus we've been top 4 or 5 over the year for points scored.

Our whole ground defense is a way bigger issue. So despite Bickley being a forward coach (who played as a mid), this is far from our biggest issue.

Our 3 biggest issues:
1. Skills (turnovers)
2. Defensive pressure (all over ground)
3. Mental toughness at critical moments

Personnel wise adding speed and defenders would be nice.

Yeah that's a good call, but I feel that our bigger forwards need specific coaching. Even a part time role to help with body work and lead patterns. Our key forwards have struggled to play that role properly this role.
Jono Brown or Barry Hall would be good options.

Nathan Buckley would make a good midfield coach. Obvious succession from an underachieving Victorian club back to his home state.

Heard Phil Harper say they were negotiating with Camporeale. Sounds like he will be back.

I want to know who is skills coach??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back