Coaching Roundabout - Coaching structure for 2015 finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously there was no "Good Way" to handle this unprecedented situation, it is what it is, and the public, club and supporters just have to roll with the punches.

No, but a lot of issues could have been mitigated.

Instead they've found the path of greatest ****upitude and charged down it like the ****ing light brigade.

A lot of knee-jerk reactions here. Hirdy is standing up for his principles and ought to be applauded for doing so. At the same time, it is easy to understand that when the players and season 2015 are taken into account, that the club and Hird are unfortunately on divergent paths. This doesn't mean that Hird is selfish because there are some things that are more important than footy, like principles. But it also doesn't mean that the club and Thompson are stabbing him in the back. From what I can gather the club has simply asked Hirdy to do the team things. Hird probably thinks he can take care of both his court action and the team at the same time; EFC disagrees. AFAIC EFC is doing what it thinks is right by the players. The players obviously wanted Hirdy on board. That relationship is now untenable. Hird should stand down, but that doesn't mean that as supporters we shouldn't support both Hird and the club. Both are doing the right thing but are on divergent paths.

I won't be cancelling my membership and James Hird is still a man of great integrity in my view.

A lot of knee-jerk reactions here. Hirdy is standing up for his principles and ought to be applauded for doing so. At the same time, it is easy to understand that when the players and season 2015 are taken into account, that the club and Hird are unfortunately on divergent paths. This doesn't mean that Hird is selfish because there are some things that are more important than footy, like principles. But it also doesn't mean that the club and Thompson are stabbing him in the back. From what I can gather the club has simply asked Hirdy to do the team things. Hird probably thinks he can take care of both his court action and the team at the same time; EFC disagrees. AFAIC EFC is doing what it thinks is right by the players. The players obviously wanted Hirdy on board. That relationship is now untenable. Hird should stand down, but that doesn't mean that as supporters we shouldn't support both Hird and the club. Both are doing the right thing but are on divergent paths.

I won't be cancelling my membership and James Hird is still a man of great integrity in my view.
Yep. This is one situation where you can have it both ways.

Yeah i agree with you here. I respect Hirds legal fight if he believes he is innocent etc. Its an option he is 100% entitled to and i commend him for having the courage to fight it to the death and fly in the face of all the public pressure.
Unfortunately for the players sake he also needs to recognize it will be very difficult to pursue legal action and coach the club simultaneously.
If he is perusing legal action I think resigning for the good of the players is an option he should consider.

This situation feels like watching slow motion footage of a car accident with few, if any survivors. I'd love to skip straight to the start of the 2016 season (2015 will be another write off at this rate).

hird reckons he'll still be coach by the end of today, so we'll wait and see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's lost the manic passion like Clarko and Lyon to truly be great again. I think he has fallen behind the times and doesn't have it in him to correct it.

If he'd lost that manic passion, he wouldn't have done a job application in front of all of Australia.

I've been a member every year since I was 5 years old, and now I have to consider whether I'm going to financially support a club who sacks employees for exercising their legal right to clear their own name.

Regardless of whether Hird should have gone for other things, for him, or anyone, to go for this is an absolute ******* disgrace.

This EGM cannot come soon enough.

For me it comes back to what the players want. If they want this to go away to start 2015 afresh then Hird can't be mounting this challenge and also be at the club. The media pressure on the club will be every bit as intense whilst the court case is proceeding even though it is Hird on his own and not the club.

Hird will appeal, Hird might win, and it all might be done prior to season 2015 kicking off. None of this can be guaranteed and therein lies the problem with Hird taking one path and the club another.

I don't think Hird should have been sacked due to this saga occurring but I believe he needs to step down whilst his individual court case is occurring and distance himself from the club. This should happen with the clubs wishes. In that scenario the issue then comes back to an interim coach if required which is what I find unpalatable.

Now if this course for Hird was decided before he made the decision to appeal, that is a question that needs answering and the answer needs to detail who (board, players, coterie members) made the decision and which path Hird was intending to take prior to his "decision". If Hird was forced regardless of his decision then the board needs to answer some questions.

It's a pretty ****ed up scenario and I for one will not slam anyone for their opinion on this given it is unprecedented, and we all think very differently. All I know is I'd love some transparency on this one.

Question: Does anyone know if Hird taking this action will cause a further delay in the reissuing of SCNs with the evidence attached?

People are gonna hate me for this, but anyway

Just wondering how I go about cancelling my essendon membership in the event that James Hird is sacked today?
Also, is there the option of outlining the reasons as to why I would be cancelling my membership?
Regards

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
Forward

profile_mask2.png

Membership Office
8:07 AM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Membership team, we are currently experiencing high volumes of emails and will respond within 3 working days. Your patience is much appreciated!
The Essendon FAQs page incorporates a search tool which will assist in any question you may have about the Club. To find an answer immediately using our online FAQ site, click here.
Go Bombers!

Wonder why they are so busy.

image.jpg

Please go support Richmond you flog

According to a legal academic from Deakin who was just on 3AW, EFC are going to have another legal battle on their hands with Hird's removal.

I can't believe this. All I can do is laugh in dis ******* belief at the incompetent baboons running the club and the way they've handled the saga from start to finish.

According to a legal academic from Deakin who was just on 3AW, EFC are going to have another legal battle on their hands with Hird's removal.

I can't believe this. All I can do is laugh in dis ******* belief at the incompetent baboons running the club and the way they've handled the saga from start to finish.
I don't even have to check to know this is Martin Hardie, who along with R Ings & C Kaias I had no idea existed before this and have seen him act like a complete attention whore throughout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back