Coaching Roundabout - Coaching structure for 2015 finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadn't considered this. While I won't get my hopes up i will keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Would be funny (but extremely unfair on McKenna imo) if only moments before this "announcement" GCS announced the sacking of McKenna to persue bomber. Then McKenna can come take our (midfield?) and GCS are left with nothin. Cop it sunny boys!

They won't sack McKenna without having somebody in the bag.

They're a little bit more switched on than their mates up the highway.

But nah, Bomber only wants to coach for the year. Bomber is only doing it because he knows he gives it back to Hirdy at the end of the year because he doesn't want to coach anymore.

Bomber is taking the team backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considerably better defensively than in 12/13, had a gameplan that was much more sustainable than 12/13 whilst developing more kids and playing players in positions that were both new and more beneficial to the team.

More sustainable? We won 4 games comfortably (Rd 1, Rd 3, Rd 11, Rd 17). We lost to 18th and 17th, fell over the line against 16th, 15th and 14th twice and drew with 13th. How is that sustainable?

Despite being "better defensively" we gave up 5 goal leads in Rd 5, Rd 6, Rd 13, Rd 23 and the final and let a 5 goal lead come back to 9 points twice in Rd 14. We also gave up comfortable positions in Rd 12, Rd 18 and Rd 22. We lost games we led late in the final quarter in Rd 2, Rd 13, Rd 15 and the final.

If you can't see a seriously concerning pattern emerging there, you're just seeing what you want to see, not what is there.

You give Bomber no credit for 2012 and 2013?

That's not what I said at all. My statement was that Bomber took the team backwards.

2011 was better than 2010.
2012 was better than 2011.
2013 was better than 2012.
2014 fell somewhere between 2011 and 2012 for mine. At best it was between 2012 and 2013.

I don't see how that can be denied.

If Bomber stays on and the ASADA cloud hits the fan i.e. players get any suspensions, he always said none of the 2012 coaching staff could remain.
From that perspective, if he still has the passion to coach, it makes sense for him to be removed from the club..
Furthermore, could this be why we are getting Harvey back? As a ready made coach incase everything goes wrong?
I hope Bomber's love for EFC makes him stay... But it doesnt look too promising atm..

That's not what I said at all. My statement was that Bomber took the team backwards.

2011 was better than 2010.
2012 was better than 2011.
2013 was better than 2012.
2014 fell somewhere between 2011 and 2012 for mine. At best it was between 2012 and 2013.

I don't see how that can be denied.

You seem to be saying Bomber took the team backwards, I just think it's worth noting he took the team forwards for the three prior years.

You seem to be saying Bomber took the team backwards, I just think it's worth noting he took the team forwards for the three prior years.

OK, the absence of Hird then. However you want to spin it, it's not a fait accompli that he'd be better for us than Hird. The evidence points to the contrary.

OK, the absence of Hird then. However you want to spin it, it's not a fait accompli that he'd be better for us than Hird. The evidence points to the contrary.

I don't think you can say Hird > Bomber

I think at this stage the evidence points to Hird+Bomber > Bomber

Hird alone is the big question that we don't know yet - and given Bombers long term track record it's a bloody big call to say Hird would be better than Bomber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back