News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

A Hardwick/Dusty package probably gives us a nice marketing angle too.

If we are actually in a selection process I guess Josh Carr has to be looked at too. But I reckon Hardwick gets the AFL push into the job.
can see the Melbourne jokes coming.

Aww look at the Gold Coast Tiger cubs, the Dreamworld and Tiger Island become our major sponsors....
Labrador become the local partner, rather than Southport.

No doubt the club has finally made a decision which was well overdue. Dew did well getting a list together but lacked a game plan to get us anywhere. Top talent was being wasted and players needed to play in a well structured team otherwise they will look back on their career with disappointment.
Personally I wouldn’t have Hardwick. He is from a bygone era. Look at the present top coach Craig McRae. We already have a very coach at the club. Have a look at the style of play of the Suns VFL side and where they are sitting on the ladder. Josh Drummond has his team kicking big scores which will become the norm.

No doubt the club has finally made a decision which was well overdue. Dew did well getting a list together but lacked a game plan to get us anywhere. Top talent was being wasted and players needed to play in a well structured team otherwise they will look back on their career with disappointment.
Personally I wouldn’t have Hardwick. He is from a bygone era. Look at the present top coach Craig McRae. We already have a very coach at the club. Have a look at the style of play of the Suns VFL side and where they are sitting on the ladder. Josh Drummond has his team kicking big scores which will become the norm.
Thanks Josh.

So long Dewy, our most successful coach. All the best on the next adventure.

Surely we have Hardwick signed up.
He tried but if that's a measure of success, I give up. Living in hope that Hardwick or whoever will install some grunt into the boys who are really nice but just not tough enough. Letting them play a freer game for the rest of the year might prove beneficial...and remember, there's always next year!

Gee can't wait to see the state of this board if we get Hardwick and don't make finals next season as well :$
I reckon it’d be a similar state of expectation to what Voss walked into at Carlton. They turned on him pretty quickly in his second year when it looked poor.

The expectation that we’re close – maybe Dusty roaming the forward line and a decent KPD makes the difference.

I reckon it’d be a similar state of expectation to what Voss walked into at Carlton. They turned on him pretty quickly in his second year when it looked poor.

The expectation that we’re close – maybe Dusty roaming the forward line and a decent KPD makes the difference.
We need a KPD, small forwards, wingers and another rebounding defender. We have more holes than people want to admit.

He tried but if that's a measure of success, I give up. Living in hope that Hardwick or whoever will install some grunt into the boys who are really nice but just not tough enough. Letting them play a freer game for the rest of the year might prove beneficial...and remember, there's always next year!
It's pretty bad when it's being known the club has been told to push multi cultural players meaning teams and lists are not chosen on playing ability ie Oea will get more chances than a Sharp therefore the guys best 22 was always comprimised. It has been going on since Karmichael where players have been gifted games, unless the new coach insists on playing his best 22 without agendas nothing will change

Last edited:
This is the truth, it's as big or small as this. There had to be a bigger effort for Rankine, the hardest type of player to find anywhere in any draft or trade. I'd love to know the workings of those conversations but I imagine Dew would have been cluey enough to know he needed Rankine to achieve a functional forward line this year.

You could see he was devastated when Izak walked
Dew knows enough about footy to know that was a body blow
I thought Jeffrey Ainsworth or Rosas might step up
Hasn’t happened

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a KPD, small forwards, wingers and another rebounding defender. We have more holes than people want to admit.
We have wingers. There is Ellis, but then maybe we can now actually play Atkins, Weller, Sharp or even Powell there instead of Fiorini, Ainsworth, Swallow, Flanders etc.

You know, fast players with long and penetrating kicks who can run and carry…

We have wingers. There is Ellis, but then maybe we can now actually play Atkins, Weller, Sharp or even Powell there instead of Fiorini, Ainsworth, Swallow, Flanders etc.

You know, fast players with long and penetrating kicks who can run and carry…
Sharp isn't a AFL player, Ellis is almost cooked and Atkins is meh at best.
Weller can be a winger, so that's 1.

Pretty ordinary press conference.
  • last week Dew backed
  • Bob and Mark both saying decision was made yesterday
  • Mark go come up with a plan as to next steps

How dumb do they think we are, and how dumb is this as an organisation. Give some confidence that there is actually a plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back