News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

What a weak sad excuse for a press conference.
Members and fans were mentioned twice
Clearly they made they’re decision before this week and refused to admit so
Mentioning this decision wasn’t based on media speculation pretty much admits it did have a hand in it.

Sharp isn't a AFL player, Ellis is almost cooked and Atkins is meh at best.
Weller can be a winger, so that's 1.
I’m not saying we have the best wingers. I’m saying we have wingers that we never play there. Who knows if they’ll be any good, as we have no evidence. We never really tried it. Maybe now is the time to give it a go, see what they have.

Phone call to Luke Hodge as new part-time backline coach?

Him and Hardwick get on very well.

Be very amusing if Hardwick does indeed have the job, and brings Tim Taranto up with him.

Very amusing indeed.

The GCS hatchet job machine in full overdrive last week - Dew had to go - but to use Wilson as a mouthpiece was beyond weak.

Phone call to Luke Hodge as new part-time backline coach?

Him and Hardwick get on very well.

Be very amusing if Hardwick does indeed have the job, and brings Tim Taranto up with him.

Very amusing indeed.

The GCS hatchet job machine in full overdrive last week - Dew had to go - but to use Wilson as a mouthpiece was beyond weak.
Tim Taranto ain't coming to the Suns 😂

Noticed at the last suns v tigers game that at qtr time hardwick and his assistants run up and down the stairs to to coaches box - Dewey and his crew take the lift.

Says it all

Pretty ordinary press conference.
  • last week Dew backed
  • Bob and Mark both saying decision was made yesterday
  • Mark go come up with a plan as to next steps

How dumb do they think we are, and how dumb is this as an organisation. Give some confidence that there is actually a plan.
There absolutely will be a plan, they just have no obligation to tell the media there is.

A Hardwick/Dusty package probably gives us a nice marketing angle too.
I honestly believe this could be a very possible scenario
Most Richmond supporters would hate to lose dusty me included but Richmond wouldnt stand in his way from leaving as he has been the best Richmond player i have seen.

AFL will facilitate his contract with a nice ambassadorial package and the Profile of the Suns will be huge with the hype
Dusty still has another 3 years in him and could be a great get for the suns.

If Dimma is the new coach im sure you guys will do well

There absolutely will be a plan, they just have no obligation to tell the media there is.
I understand that, but at least say those words - "we have a plan"

They were coming off as if they just made the decision last night, and Mark Evans has to now come up with those "next steps"

I understand that, but at least say those words - "we have a plan"

They were coming off as if they just made the decision last night, and Mark Evans has to now come up with those "next steps"
I assume they may have all agreed, but the AFL would also have weighed in post Collingwood and post Port matches. The could never actually say, "yeah that thing that changed was a bit more pressure from the AFL".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone here understands this but it cannot be overstated that Suns need good management to be successful. Hardwick only win because of the support he has around him. The leaking suggests Suns need to change out some of the management not just the coach.
This is why I am not convinced that Hardwick will coach us to glory. He only became successful at Richmond when he got the support around him such as a good and strong CEO, President and assistant coaches (Craig Mcrae etc). Also agree we need to change some of the management as well including moving on the CEO and the Head of Women's Football while we are at it.

Tim Taranto ain't coming to the Suns 😂
Of course not!

But it would be prime GCS eh?

A call to Luke Hodge has to be on the cards surely though - just in case the best organiser of a defence in the last 20 yrs fancies a part-time gig?

1689042213269.png

A premiership side always begins down back.

Hardwick is coaching us next year and beyond.
Get used to it friends because that is what is happening.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully if dimma is coming as you say he brings some better assistant coaches with him, wouldn’t say no to reuniting him and Leppa. Leppa can bring some of the Collingwood IP with him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a weak sad excuse for a press conference.
Members and fans were mentioned twice
Clearly they made they’re decision before this week and refused to admit so
Mentioning this decision wasn’t based on media speculation pretty much admits it did have a hand in it.
The Collingwood loss was the first nail in the coffin. That was unforgivable and coach killing bad. Surprised he lasted an extra week in retrospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back