Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Appreciated, and I'll so some investigation on that front.

Just curious, when is the next generation of each console due out? In other words, I suppose I want to know whether one will be obsolete before the other.
Both the Xbox and ps4 are relative babies in console terms. Neither system actually has games that make the cpu work to its full potential yet, so I wouldn't expect another console to be launched by either company for another 5+ years.

Both the Xbox and ps4 are relative babies in console terms. Neither system actually has games that make the cpu work to its full potential yet, so I wouldn't expect another console to be launched by either company for another 5+ years.

I have to say, that gives me a lot of comfort. I don't know if there's some Christmas gouging going on, but they were both around the $500 mark at EB Games the other day. That'd be a lot of money to drop on something which might be quickly superseded. Thanks.

I have to say, that gives me a lot of comfort. I don't know if there's some Christmas gouging going on, but they were both around the $500 mark at EB Games the other day. That'd be a lot of money to drop on something which might be quickly superseded. Thanks.
Depends on the model you get too. You might have been looking at the 1 terabyte models for that kind of money. There are usually other bundles with smaller hard drives for cheaper than that, especially around this time of year.

Depends on the model you get too. You might have been looking at the 1 terabyte models for that kind of money. There are usually other bundles with smaller hard drives for cheaper than that, especially around this time of year.

This is where things go from being confusing to a bit scary. I wasn't kidding when I pleaded ignorance in relation to this stuff.

I don't know what I was looking at to be honest. Something with a hard drive, controller and a few games thrown in, somewhere around $500. I'll certainly go cheaper if I can get it.

Yeah, just checking online now the PS4 1TB is $550, the 500GB is $420. Is there any reason I'd want the 1TB?

This is where things go from being confusing to a bit scary. I wasn't kidding when I pleaded ignorance in relation to this stuff.

I don't know what I was looking at to be honest. Something with a hard drive, controller and a few games thrown in, somewhere around $500. I'll certainly go cheaper if I can get it.
If there's a few games thrown in that actually sounds reasonable. It'll probably be a 500gb console with games. If you get a 1tb console $500 will only cover the console itself. Have a look around, but that price sounds relatively on point for what you described.

Yeah, just checking online now the PS4 1TB is $550, the 500GB is $420. Is there any reason I'd want the 1TB?
You'd only get the 1tb if you're going to have the console double as a media player and download movies on it imo. Otherwise 500gb is tonnes. (Probably more than enough even if you do want to get the odd movie every now and then)

You'd only get the 1tb if you're going to have the console double as a media player and download movies on it imo. Otherwise 500gb is tonnes. (Probably more than enough even if you do want to get the odd movie every now and then)

Sweet. PS4 $420. Extra controller $74. Star Wars...$99. Santa's in da house. Broke as a joke, but he's in...

Sweet. PS4 $420. Extra controller $74. Star Wars...$99. Santa's in da house. Broke as a joke, but he's in...
Heh. Just keep in mind you'll probably end up buying an online subscription too, especially with a game like Star Wars. I think it's about $60 for 12 months, so not horrendous.

Heh. Just keep in mind you'll probably end up buying an online subscription too, especially with a game like Star Wars. I think it's about $60 for 12 months, so not horrendous.

Ah, a gift that just keeps on...taking.

Ah, a gift that just keeps on...taking.
True, but getting a subscription has its upsides too. They have deals on periodically which allow you to download games for free etc. Its not all bad :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all of Gamers on here would love one too:D

I'm sure you're right. Nba jam has special meaning for me. Brings back many memories wasting 2 dollar coin one after the other at walkers arcade in coburg as a youngster. I was ranked number 1 on that machine. Karl Malone and John Stockton made me almost unbeatable. If I remember correctly I had like .800+ Winning percentage.

I'm sure you're right. Nba jam has special meaning for me. Brings back many memories wasting 2 dollar coin one after the other at walkers arcade in coburg as a youngster. I was ranked number 1 on that machine. Karl Malone and John Stockton made me almost unbeatable. If I remember correctly I had like .800+ Winning percentage.

Love NBA Jam.
This thing has thousands of games though. It runs through a frontend called Hyperspin. I actually made this video a few years ago:

Note: The LED buttons aren't on the new control panel. As cool as it was to see the colours change, etc the actual buttons I didn't like to press. They were too loose.

Love NBA Jam.
This thing has thousands of games though. It runs through a frontend called Hyperspin. I actually made this video a few years ago:

Note: The LED buttons aren't on the new control panel. As cool as it was to see the colours change, etc the actual buttons I didn't like to press. They were too loose.

Awesome. How much do you want for it, lol.
That is fully sick bro.

Seriously though, so jealous.

I had NBA Jam Tournament Edition as a Kid for Super Nintendo.

Think was 1st Game I brought with X-Mas and Birthday Money when I was a Kid

Love NBA Jam.

Was it Hard to set-up Hyperspin thecig ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back