List Mgmt. Collingwood List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Arbiter

Senior List
May 9, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
The season is done but there are some serious questions heading into next season. How will Collingwood improve their list? The upcoming draft is tough, only women over the age of 19 can be drafted. Do we have a list manager capable of finding the hidden gems? Who needs to hang up the boots? Is there a trade that could be made with the lack of depth in draft? Can we finally fix our ruck stocks? I open this up to the Black and White fans on what we need for Season 8 of the AFLW.

Federick needs to go as offers us Bugger All
Well, she is out of contract now but considering her size and the fact that is one of the best contested marks in the game, would it not be better to just have her on tier 4 payment. Tall forwards are very hard to come across, but her criticism is not unjust, fans are fed up. Unfortunately, I can't judge our forwards based on our clearance numbers.

Well, she is out of contract now but considering her size and the fact that is one of the best contested marks in the game, would it not be better to just have her on tier 4 payment. Tall forwards are very hard to come across, but her criticism is not unjust, fans are fed up. Unfortunately, I can't judge our forwards based on our clearance numbers.

2 goals (in same game) from 12 games, shows she is plenty useless.
Ruck work is ordinary, and her general influence on a game is next to zero.
If Collingwood are smart she’ll be getting paid overs at another club next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 goals (in same game) from 12 games, shows she is plenty useless.
Ruck work is ordinary, and her general influence on a game is next to zero.
If Collingwood are smart she’ll be getting paid overs at another club next year.

What about our influence in the midfield? With Bonnici and Davey gone did we have any players that could deliver into the forward line properly? Molloy was carrying injury I know for a fact but is a natural forward. Schliecher has no place in the center and belongs down back. That leaves Sheridan, Cann, and Lambert. One player with polish. And our ruck stocks are beyond appalling. A 38-year-old ruck will solve all our problems. Seriously!!!

I do believe Frederick has underperformed, looks to be carrying a calf injury but has had no silver service. She could definitely lose some weight. But I believe we have far more issues in the midfield then up forward. Then there is our backline. Stacey Livingstone is still contracted for next season but looks to have lost her tank. Ash Brazill should have played down back considering her influence up forward a failed experiment at best. She could easily retire.

What about our influence in the midfield? With Bonnici and Davey gone did we have any players that could deliver into the forward line properly? Molloy was carrying injury I know for a fact but is a natural forward. Schliecher has no place in the center and belongs down back. That leaves Sheridan, Cann, and Lambert. One player with polish. And our ruck stocks are beyond appalling. A 38-year-old ruck will solve all our problems. Seriously!!!

I do believe Frederick has underperformed, looks to be carrying a calf injury but has had no silver service. She could definitely lose some weight. But I believe we have far more issues in the midfield then up forward. Then there is our backline. Stacey Livingstone is still contracted for next season but looks to have lost her tank. Ash Brazill should have played down back considering her influence up forward a failed experiment at best. She could easily retire.

It must be the case where I’ve been watching 12 different games?

At a stretch I’d say she at least bought the ball to ground sometimes, but was next to useless once it was there.

It must be the case where I’ve been watching 12 different games?

At a stretch I’d say she at least bought the ball to ground sometimes, but was next to useless once it was there.

To say that she has had a good season would be a joke. But it looks like a year of failed experiments and little progress for many at Colingwood.

I think it depends what the club is judging her performances on. I do think we have to move forward without her. She isnt the answer. If its about making a contest and bringing the ball to ground, we have a few others who can do that.

Its clear with Downie being dropped a few times, we'll need a new ruck. Is she gonna retire? Is she still contracted?

If she's one of the best contested marks in the game then the game is pretty s**t marking wise because she cant mark

I think it depends what the club is judging her performances on. I do think we have to move forward without her. She isnt the answer. If its about making a contest and bringing the ball to ground, we have a few others who can do that.

Its clear with Downie being dropped a few times, we'll need a new ruck. Is she gonna retire? Is she still contracted?
Downie is not contracted and appears to be out the door. This could open up an opportunity to get Elizabeth McGrath who was recently delisted by Port Adelaide. 184cm, made the VFLW Team of the Year for 2022, she looks like a candidate to help sure up our ruck stocks.

Rather than just trashing players, we need to find solutions. If Frederick is being paid a lot of money and that affects our ability to recruit players, then she needs to take a salary reduction, but we still need to find a key position player to play centre half forward. Dumping her will not solve the problem.

We lack women who can mark the ball, and we rely on too few to contest marks. But there appears to be problems in actually accessing players in the draft for a number of reasons including the new teams and access to women interstate and the resources spent on getting davies in..... but we havent drafted enough marking players.

I think another problem is that there are times when we are getting outnumbered on the outside because opposing teams have better athletes. They can run faster and they can run longer. We seem to want to play a possession based game to stay away from marking contests, but we dont have the outside running power to sustain it.

We have too many players with limitations. Frederick is an obvious one with her mobility. Chiocci with her lack of strength. Livington with her lack of speed and mobility. Rowe with her average speed and strength. Downie with her lack of strength. The list goes on. Interestingly, a lot of the senior players. The game used to tolerate women with limitations but it is becoming less so.

The girls have great spirit and they try hard and I think we got to where we did on those factors....there are other teams will the same talent and had less success.

So far as I know these players are out of contract.

Tarni Brown
Chloe Molloy
Sabrina Frederick
Steph Chiocci
El Chaston
Lauren Butler
Jordan Membrey
Jamie Lambert
Aishling Sheridan
Jordyn Allen
Abbi Moloney
Imogen Barnett
Ash Brazill

I'm not sure about our newcomers who are contracted for next season: Lauren Brazzale, Olivia Barber, Imogen Evens, Charlotte Blair, Charlotte Taylor, or Emily Smith. If anybody can she'd some light on their contracts, please do so.

Granted I haven't watched much AFLW since Season 1 but I feel like the overall theme of the competition is still the teams with the best athletes dominate the most. The competition still looks to be at a stage where you don't have pinpoint kicking around the field or kicks regularly traveling over 40m. So realistically shouldn't Collingwood focus on recruiting more top athletes with passable football skills who can outrun and out-muscle their opposition? Especially with the pressure / force the ball forward style of footy being played.

Also agree with comments above re: Frederick, I'm confused as to what her actual purpose is. She doesn't mark, doesn't kick goals as a key forward target, is out of shape for an athlete, doesn't do much when the ball hits the ground. She reminds me of Rocca in his final season with even less tank and without the kicking.

Last point is a question - why is Chloe Molloy not a full-time forward? Is she just covering for injuries in the midfield? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she used to lead the league in goals? Feels like an awful waste especially since we can't seem to score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted I haven't watched much AFLW since Season 1 but I feel like the overall theme of the competition is still the teams with the best athletes dominate the most. The competition still looks to be at a stage where you don't have pinpoint kicking around the field or kicks regularly traveling over 40m. So realistically shouldn't Collingwood focus on recruiting more top athletes with passable football skills who can outrun and out-muscle their opposition? Especially with the pressure / force the ball forward style of footy being played.

Also agree with comments above re: Frederick, I'm confused as to what her actual purpose is. She doesn't mark, doesn't kick goals as a key forward target, is out of shape for an athlete, doesn't do much when the ball hits the ground. She reminds me of Rocca in his final season with even less tank and without the kicking.

Last point is a question - why is Chloe Molloy not a full-time forward? Is she just covering for injuries in the midfield? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she used to lead the league in goals? Feels like an awful waste especially since we can't seem to score.
Re: Chloe.
She was, but we unfortunately had massive gaps to fill in the middle this year. She can play in there but needs to be supported by others, she's a much better forward though.

I think the entire team dynamic changes with the return of Davey and Bonnici. I don't foresee any great changes.

Below are my predicted current tier list payments of those under contract. Porter could be lower, but this was simply an off season for her considering all her good work in previous seasons I think she would make it to third tier. That being said James could also be higher. However, it's hard know considering she signed a two-year deal after her first season. She was nominated for the Rising Star, but you never know. Livingstone and Fowler could retire to free up some more cash and there are still some unknowns about players who have just recently come in this season. Below are just predictions with players out of contract listed in my last post. Feel free to fill in the gaps if you like on who you believe deserves what payment.

Tier 1 ($71,935)B.Davey???
Tier 2 ($55,559)M.CannB.BonniciR.Schleicher
?????????
Tier 3 ($47,372)S.LivingstoneA.Porter???
?????????
Tier 4 ($39,184)S.RoweJ.LinS.Casey
E.FowlerE.James???
?????????
?????????
?????????
???

Last edited:
Well now that current spot is vacant. So should Collingwood go after a bigger fish because I don’t think the Magpies can justify paying Molloy or Lambert top tier.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lambert has been our best player minus Bri. has won 3 of the last 5 BnF awards (prob wins a 4th this year) since she was recruited in 2018
I think there is every reason she should be included in the top tier.

Lambert has been our best player minus Bri. has won 3 of the last 5 BnF awards (prob wins a 4th this year) since she was recruited in 2018
I think there is every reason she should be included in the top tier.

But is she a match winner? Can she turn a game off her own boot? An extremely hard worker with All Australian credentials but just short that super elite tier IMO. She’s not as deadly as she used to be even when Bri was fit.

Last edited:
But is she a match winner? Can she turn a game off her own boot? An extremely hard worker with All Australian credentials but just short that super elite tier IMO. She’s not as deadly as she used to be even when Bri was fit.

She may not be a superstar, but she's not too much less. She's our more skillful Adams. So if you dont want to put her in the top tier, then the one just below.

Cann is also not to the level of 2nd tier.
Braz prob sits in the 2nd tier as well.

She may not be a superstar, but she's not too much less. She's our more skillful Adams. So if you dont want to put her in the top tier, then the one just below.

Cann is also not to the level of 2nd tier.
Braz prob sits in the 2nd tier as well.

That’s where I see Lambert. Cann could be lower second or third but I find it hard to have a player like Ash Brazzil on second tier payment. She’s a typical cross coder who comes and goes as she likes. Definitely not a forward player despite how hard the coaching staff wants to proceed with that tactic. However I think there will be a retirement announcement for her soon.

...There are more than 40 AFLW players making at least $100,000 per season. And you can bet they aren't distributed evenly across the league (e.g. Sydney might have 0 or 1, while Collingwood might have 3 or 4). So it's impossible to extract meaning from the tier payments, since it barely scratches the surface of who's getting what.

Further, the number of players in each tier doesn't have to be 2-6-6-16. The TPP just has to add up right (approx. $1.388m) and there's a max of three tier 1 players. So a team could have 3-5-4-18, or 0-0-26-4, or any of the other many possible combinations.

What I've seen in this and the semi final thread, Ruby Schleicher would have spent the past three seasons at Fremantle if some of the posters on here were in control of the list.

...There are more than 40 AFLW players making at least $100,000 per season. And you can bet they aren't distributed evenly across the league (e.g. Sydney might have 0 or 1, while Collingwood might have 3 or 4). So it's impossible to extract meaning from the tier payments, since it barely scratches the surface of who's getting what.

Further, the number of players in each tier doesn't have to be 2-6-6-16. The TPP just has to add up right (approx. $1.388m) and there's a max of three tier 1 players. So a team could have 3-5-4-18, or 0-0-26-4, or any of the other many possible combinations.

What I've seen in this and the semi final thread, Ruby Schleicher would have spent the past three seasons at Fremantle if some of the posters on here were in control of the list.

Where is it stated that Tier 1 is a maximum of three players? Can you send a source?

I don’t get why you’re so harsh on Brazill Arbiter . I think she’s looked very capable as a forward and exactly what we need as a flank option with her athleticism, and really it’s only a lack of supply and her goal scoring accuracy that have conspired against her. I genuinely think she’s our best medium/tall forward on the list and pretty comfortably too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back