List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure we got a 1st and 2nd rounder when he went to Brisbane. When he came back to us we gave up 2 first rounders.
Heeeyyyy someone understands what I said if we didn’t turn pick 5 and 25 into DeGoey and Greenwood no one would disagree but WE got JDG and Greenwood Brisbane didn’t hand them over in a trade we made the trade work but at time of the trade even Hine wasn’t happy he was aiming for more but we had to except what they had that’s why they threw in Crisp as steak knives but he turned into 3 times the player we had hoped for

It’s an internet forum and some of us had to work from a very young age and didn’t have the luxury of going to school so sue me I type like most people do on the internet ypu must have a sad life if that’s what you focus on chief

You can't write like you do and then blame others when they can't understand you.

You seem to spell pretty well, I don't think the punctuation is a lack of education - I reckon it's laziness.

Try harder

Do Sydney need Adams? Parker and Mills are both better kicks and they have Warner, Gulden and Rowbottom who will all take aloy of centre bounces. The aim is not to be nervous about helping others, it's about improving what we have, and Schultz has all Australian Squad style tracking whilst Adams is getting older and can be a turnover liability in the centre.

A lot of the articles are referencing Adams senior experience and I presume his professionalism.

Is anyone else a little terrified at the draft picks North is amassing?

They already have Sheezle who is a home brand Nick Daicos, and Larkey who may actually kick 100 in a season with decent delivery to him. He managed 71 or something this year.

They should be given a deadline now, improve with all this assistance, or fold when Tassie come in. Maybe “merge” with Tassie like the Roy boys treatment.

Absolutely crazy how the AFL has compromised the draft to help North Melbourne.

The secret herbs and spices free agency compensation for Mackay for pick 3 - complete and utter joke. What did AFL give Hawks for Buddy - pick 19 or 20.

I know a few Freo supporters who lament the draft concessions afforded to North Melbourne. I would have shipped them off to Tassie years ago - North that is.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do Sydney need Adams? Parker and Mills are both better kicks and they have Warner, Gulden and Rowbottom who will all take aloy of centre bounces. The aim is not to be nervous about helping others, it's about improving what we have, and Schultz has all Australian Squad style tracking whilst Adams is getting older and can be a turnover liability in the centre.
I was actually wondering how Sydney plan to use Adams. They’re ok in midfielders I thought. Makes me wonder if this will be a bit of a Grundy to Melbourne situation.

Has he been sold a bill of goods that he’ll be their main inside mid, like Grundy was meant to be sharing ruck with Gawn who was originally the one planned to play forward more. But it didn’t pan out that way. Grundy who was best 22 at Collingwood ended up playing at Casey.

Adams was best 22 with us. Will he be at Sydney? Time will tell.

Absolutely crazy how the AFL has compromised the draft to help North Melbourne.

The secret herbs and spices free agency compensation for Mackay for pick 3 - complete and utter joke. What did AFL give Hawks for Buddy - pick 19 or 20.

I know a few Freo supporters who lament the draft concessions afforded to North Melbourne. I would have shipped them off to Tassie years ago - North that is.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Between north endless “please sir give us some more” antics and Gold Coast academy picks this years draft is the worst I can recall. So glad we got that flag. Ain’t much to be had with picks.

Once the news leaked about Schultz we lost some of our bargaining power in the Adams deal as the Swans knew that his spot in the team and salary for next season was now earmarked for Lachie.

While I would have preferred what is now pick 25 obviously as a further 8 names would have still been on the table to select from (should we retain the selection) pick 33 is the compromise offer of what most hoped for and the now pick 46 rejected by nearly all as woefully inadequate.

As long as we end up with Schultz I and I suspect most can live with it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually wondering how Sydney plan to use Adams. They’re ok in midfielders I thought. Makes me wonder if this will be a bit of a Grundy to Melbourne situation.

Has he been sold a bill of goods that he’ll be their main inside mid, like Grundy was meant to be sharing ruck with Gawn who was originally the one planned to play forward more. But it didn’t pan out that way. Grundy who was best 22 at Collingwood ended up playing at Casey.

Adams was best 22 with us. Will he be at Sydney? Time will tell.

The only people who didn't see the Grundy and Melbourne pairing working were Grundy and Melbourne.

His friendship or admiration for Gawn clouded his judgement.

Get home, see the news on the Adams trade, then see it's for pick 33 not 25 and just shake my head and let out a small sigh... :rolleyes:

The only people who didn't see the Grundy and Melbourne pairing working were Grundy and Melbourne.

His friendship or admiration for Gawn clouded his judgement.
Not so sure about that. Initially it was seen to be a massive coup for Melbourne. Was going to get them another flag, was the mentality in the media.
I’m sure the plan was for Grundy to be the number one ruck with Gawn as two and playing forward. But Gawn is no more a forward than Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back