List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloke is easily the most durable player on our list. Has the potential to play well into his 30's. He's the ideal player to build up our new young forwards around. Trading him is a god awful idea, unless we want to become the Dogs MK II

Add a couple of midfielders like any 2 of Treloar Shiel or Hanneberry to compliment Pendelbury Fasolo and co you will find Clokey will rise to prominence once again as will the team .

Last two years Cloke has played as a FF who wrestles with his opponent. Totally different to Riewoldt's style.

Everyone praises Clokes endurance and running ability. Whilst I admit he was an endurance beast, I'm not sure this is the case anymore.

He rarely leads hard and long like Riewoldt anymore.

Last year I'd agree with you hoever this year I'm seeing Cloke being pushed up the field like he used too.

Last two years Cloke has played as a FF who wrestles with his opponent. Totally different to Riewoldt's style.
This year he's playing as a roaming CHF, which is just like Riewoldt's style.

This year he's playing as a roaming CHF, which is just like Riewoldt's style.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Only manages to roam and get space when at half back for mine.

Never finds any space forward of the centre circle.

I think it says more of his opponents state of mind than clokes workrate.

It doesn't make sense to pay Cloke around $800 k per year if you aren't challenging for a flag. The new rules with the salary cap mean you can underpay your cap and bank that space in future years.

That would mean you go out and get a FA with this space when you are challenging for a flag when all the youngsters you have drafted are in their sweet spot.

Would you rather pay Cloke big money when you aren't challenging or get a first round pick for him, get the salary cap space that you can bank when you are challenging?

It doesn't make sense to pay Cloke around $800 k per year if you aren't challenging for a flag. The new rules with the salary cap mean you can underpay your cap and bank that space in future years.

That would mean you go out and get a FA with this space when you are challenging for a flag when all the youngsters you have drafted are in their sweet spot.

Would you rather pay Cloke big money when you aren't challenging or get a first round pick for him, get the salary cap space that you can bank when you are challenging?

In your perfect world....who do the supporters watch whilst they're waiting for that challenge to the flag?
I don't wanna watch Jesse White as my KP forward.

In your perfect world....who do the supporters watch whilst they're waiting for that challenge to the flag?

They do what we are doing now. If we aren't challenging for a flag now with Cloke in the side, it would be dumb list management to hold onto him whilst he has some currency.

They do what we are doing now. If we aren't challenging for a flag now with Cloke in the side, it would be dumb list management to hold onto him whilst he has some currency.
Well maybe, just maybe, some believe that we might challenge for a flag within 4-5 years and it's not unreasonable to suggest he could play for this time.

We get it. You're the bi-polar alleged pies supporter who is relishing in telling us how s**t we are.

I hope this is making you feel good champ.

Maybe we should trade Pendles too.

Then of course you can suggest that it's all Buckley's fault for trading players.

Or if he plays the kids and we lose, you can rejoice in that too.

Nice form to date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a FA next year. He might move on his own volition if things don't improve or he can't see progress.

Yeah he might.....pffffft....I can't even try to be ironic to such a silly statement.
Which bank did you say you manage again?

Well maybe, just maybe, some believe that we might challenge for a flag within 4-5 years and it's not unreasonable to suggest he could play for this time.

True but I'd say that is hope.

We have to be smarter in terms of list management and make decisions that deliver us a flag. If Cloke can't play in the next challenge, it's time to review his options trading wise.

Brisbane right now would regret not trading Brown in 08' when he almost came to Collingwood. If they did, they would be closer to a flag than they are now with pieces from the potential trade.

Aren't you the one lamenting how Buckley has gutted the list in another thread.

Seriously WTF?

Buckley put us on that course. It makes me sad that the likes of Beams, Shaw and the like are playing their peak years elsewhere.

I wouldn't begrudge Cloke or Pendlebury looking elsewhere. It's a crying shame they aren't playing in a contending team in their peak years.

If you look at Hawthorn, some ballsy trades of senior players ultimately put in the cornerstones of their success.

Need the senior plays to help guide the youth. Crazy to trade Cloke. He offers more than just on field performance now. Unless we never intend to compete again, in which case, no one older than 24 please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckley put us on that course. It makes me sad that the likes of Beams, Shaw and the like are playing their peak years elsewhere.

I wouldn't begrudge Cloke or Pendlebury looking elsewhere. It's a crying shame they aren't playing in a contending team in their peak years.

If you look at Hawthorn, some ballsy trades of senior players ultimately put in the cornerstones of their success.
So Hawthorn do it and it's okay?

So you don't like trading players but are demanding we trade one of our most important?

You want to develop and play kids but will lose the plot if we lose too many matches?

So many of you guys are coming out of the woodwork ATM.

The only good thing is that now you guys have stopped the 'let's get Mick back' crap that went on for years.

Why not back the coach until the end of the season? Maybe even half way through the next?

Which ballsy trades are you speaking of Bwana? When did they trade out Roughy? Mitchell? Hodge? Lewis? Buddy? when did they trade out one of their top 3 again??

Trading Cloke is a terrible idea.
Would have traded Reid to one of the expansion teams for a couple top 10 picks and Brown should have been offered to the Saints when they were after a KPD and would have gotten a decent pick from them.
Both are way too injury prone, would have been a big call on Reid if that happened, both wouldnt get us much now.

Which ballsy trades are you speaking of Bwana? When did they trade out Roughy? Mitchell? Hodge? Lewis? Buddy? when did they trade out one of their top 3 again??

Hawthorn made a PF in 2001. That trade period they traded out their best KPP in Trent Croad and got Luke Hodge in the trade.

The same trade period they traded out Luke McPharlin who was a Top 10 draft selection and a very highly rated youngster to Fremantle, they got Sam Mitchell in the trade.

A few years later they traded out Thompson to North. That pick gave them Jordan Lewis.

Hawthorn made a PF in 2001. That trade period they traded out their best KPP in Trent Croad and got Luke Hodge in the trade.

The same trade period they traded out Luke McPharlin who was a Top 10 draft selection and a very highly rated youngster to Fremantle, they got Sam Mitchell in the trade.

A few years later they traded out Thompson to North. That pick gave them Jordan Lewis.

Wow....they traded out Croad (who had foot issues) for a top 5 pick....I think I'd trade Frosty for one...
And Luke McPharlin too? he was playing reserves footy back then mate....Freo made McPharlin into a defender.
And Thompson....I don't want to mention his depression but Hawthorn knew of it then and were happy to get a draft pick for him

Collingwood traded Chris Tarrant to Freo for Medhurst and a draft pick (Reid I believe?)
They traded with Freo for Clement and with Sydney for Rocca and Licuria.....they lost Nicky Davis and Paul Williams to Sydney trades.

Hawthorn hasn't done anything that Collingwood and others haven't done.

And comparing Croad, McPharlin and Thompson to CLOKE at the times they were traded....is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back