List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith and Moyle this year is my dream. Callaghan at the end of next year would be a very nice addition to that dream. Roll into 2026 with Pendlebury, Howe & Sidebottom having all likely retired. I am comfortable in Dean replacing Howe down back, and going with McStay-Mihocek-D. Cameron as our tall forwards.

Look I hope I'm wrong but I struggle to see it because of his stature. You have to be Neale good to do it on-ball at that size. Harrison has clear talent but not at that level imo. Maybe a wing.

He's fine physically. He's not as small as you think and has genuine power.
But thinking a small forward whose taken a while to become AFL ready is going to become your next AFL mid is pretty hopeful

Last edited:

100% it is but it also goes against our newly declared plan of going to the draft and not trading away our first rounders for a while.
True, there's mixed messages everywhere.

If you read through the comments above, our first is practically a second anyway and chances of a drafting a "gun" limited, so we may as well trade them away...but they're late first so they're not worth much...

Going back to my point I think we're in for some pain because replacing Sidebottom, Pendles, Mitchell, Cox and Mihocek over a short timeframe will be incredibly challenging. Adding to that point the experience, leadership, talent, nature of the playing positions and those players importance to the team will be hard to replace. I think it's realistic to expect a drop in performance from the side. Cherry picking and strawman arguments don't really address the point I was making.
Couldn't disagree more about your we're in for some pain comment, North are in for some pain and still in pain, we might take a slight dip by we're never down for long, it's just the history of the club.

At present we have Steene who can’t get on the park, and is hugely speculative, that’s it. Outside of frampton, but he’s needed in defence. Unless Eyre comes good and allows frampton to help ruck, but thats a long way off

Which is why I’m def into getting Teakle in the MSD
If we’re considering recruiting Rory Lobb, I doubt we touch Teakle.

If we were to take Teakle in the MSD and land Lobb, Oscar Steene is gone.

I was thinking for this season for mid season draft.
I wonder whether the pies would consider pickling up Trey Ruscoe again currently playing forward in WA.
He was a bit laconic at times but played well when given the chances at the highest level he could maybe fill the Murphy roll and would cost peanuts.
I mean look at Keane collingwood had the chance to pick him up when he came back from Ireland. Look at him now a regular backman at Adelaide and playing well

We always pick up NQR players like kreuger Eyre these types they could be good but spend most of the time out with injuries in fact they are really list cloggers

I wonder whether the pies would consider pickling up Trey Ruscoe again currently playing forward in WA.
He was a bit laconic at times but played well when given the chances at the highest level he could maybe fill the Murphy roll and would cost peanuts.
I mean look at Keane collingwood had the chance to pick him up when he came back from Ireland. Look at him now a regular backman at Adelaide and playing well

We always pick up NQR players like kreuger Eyre these types they could be good but spend most of the time out with injuries in fact they are really list cloggers
Seems odd to complain about our club picking up NQR players in the same post advocating we re pick Ruscoe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so sure Trey wants to be pickled.

If we were to take Teakle in the MSD and land Lobb, Oscar Steene is gone.
Firstly Teakle might just be a 6 month contract.
Secondly Lobb is 32 next year and I expect 2 years more would be his maximun time in the league. Steene will still be a very young ruck in 2027.

Steene might be going but those 2 coming in doesn't guarantee it.

Couldn't disagree more about your we're in for some pain comment, North are in for some pain and still in pain, we might take a slight dip by we're never down for long, it's just the history of the club.

There are scales for this. I never said we'd become North. They're your words.

I wasn’t addressing your point about our potential short term drop off I was addressing your point on Lobb.
That's what you quoted. You either intentionally misrepresented my comment or failed to understand it.

Smith and Moyle this year is my dream. Callaghan at the end of next year would be a very nice addition to that dream. Roll into 2026 with Pendlebury, Howe & Sidebottom having all likely retired. I am comfortable in Dean replacing Howe down back, and going with McStay-Mihocek-D. Cameron as our tall forwards.

Needs more LDU.

I get surprised when people get worked up about players we are after.

History shows we have been pretty good.

I'm then surprised how people have absolute faith in our drafting.

History shows it's pretty bad.

Give me a traded in player over a drafted player any day at Collingwood.

I agree, but trading in all the time destroys your salary cap.

Roll into 2026 and you will need to add some of WHE, Mitchell, Cox, Mihochek, Crisp and Elliott as retirees.

Dean is only a maybe to have an AFL career so I don't think being comfortable with him replacing Howe is justified yet.

If we go into 2026 With a 33 yo and 2 x 30 yo as out KPF/ruck we are at risk. We will need to add KPFs soon.

We drafted Moore, De Goey, Daicos, Daicos, Elliott, Pendles, Sidey, McCreery, Maynard, Quaynor, Mihochek, Murphy. The guts of our flag team. Its still the mainstay of building a list with trading to supplement.

Josh Battle from StK should be considered. He's an unrestricted free agent, so wouldn't cost a trade pick. He's 25, 193cm, played over 100 games and finished in the top 10 in their BnF the last two seasons. As 3rd intercepting defender, he could look to fill in for Murph or Howe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back