List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Cloke would be a horrible idea, absolutely awful. Granted he probably won't be around for the next premiership tilt but you can't discount the advantages of having him around to help ease the next generation in, plus we'll be massacred in the short term without him. We've got plenty of talented young players coming through the ranks, what we lack is top end talent to help keep us steady in the short term and to help facilitate the transition for our young players, we can't afford to lose a player like Cloke.

So who do we have as young KPF we have? Moore is no Certainty play as a Forward

It's a catch 22. Cloke is 28, he is not going to be a part of our next flag tilt. It's time to trade him whilst he has some value.
Cloke is easily the most durable player on our list. Has the potential to play well into his 30's. He's the ideal player to build up our new young forwards around. Trading him is a god awful idea, unless we want to become the Dogs MK II

Cloke has gone backwards because the delivery to him has gone backwards, time and time again it is sat on his head or kicked at his ankles, to say he is ripping the club of is pretty poor form on your behalf. Cloke could do himself a favour and lead better but so often the delivery to him is utter rubbish.
On his goal kicking, he has never been an accurate kick and moving him to the backbone is not going to help his kicking.
Can't see the point in trading him, do we want to get rid of all our senior players

I agree that the delivery to him is deplorable, but he is absolutely doing himself no favour.

He needs stop being so predictable by locking up with his man and get back to some decent leading patterns with gusto. I honestly have never seen him get more than half a step on his opposition on the lead.

Doubt it. KPF's rarely play into their 30's.
Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown (retired now but played until he was 33), Waite, Podsiadly, Schulz (turns 30 on Saturday, still going strong) all say hi.

You're so full of s**t lol.

So who do we have as young KPF we have? Moore is no Certainty play as a Forward

And no draft picks or established players are a certainty to offer what Cloke does once they make the switch. Sure there are a few pro's to trading him but besides freeing up his wages it's a pretty speculative list of pro's whereas the cons are pretty clear to see.

The point is that Cloke is a very good player even though he has his faults, we don't have many top end players but Cloke is one, with our list in the process of a rebuild the value on keeping players like Cloke cannot be underestimated. We're struggling to kick goals at the moment because we don't have another decent option to take the heat off Cloke, imagine how dire our football would be for the next few years without him.

Without Cloke we'll be a lot less competitive against lower ranked teams and will slide further down ladder. Sure this might help us pick up extra draft picks but IMO we've got plenty of talented kids, moving forward I'd rather we integrate them into a competitive team with established stars like Cloke around them rather than run the risk of hindering their development by having them struggling for confidence in a team that gets belted most weeks.

Cloke is easily the most durable player on our list. Has the potential to play well into his 30's. He's the ideal player to build up our new young forwards around. Trading him is a god awful idea, unless we want to become the Dogs MK II

Well Dogs got Tom Boyd. Who not to say we might do something Simmlar? As the Cap would come quite Open

Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown (retired now but played until he was 33), Waite, Podsiadly, Schulz (turns 30 on Saturday, still going strong) all say hi.

You're so full of s**t lol.

You've named 1 or 2 at best crash and bash KPF's in your examples.

Waite? LEL.

And no draft picks or established players are a certainty to offer what Cloke does once they make the switch. Sure there are a few pro's to trading him but besides freeing up his wages it's a pretty speculative list of pro's whereas the cons are pretty clear to see.

Well our next team that will Challenge is a Speculative on how it will look like.

You've named 1 or 2 at best crash and bash KPF's in your examples.

Waite? LEL.
The quality of the player is irrelevant. You said KPF's rarely play past 30. I was able to list several off the top of my head that have played well past that, or are still playing past 30. Ergo, you're full of s**t.

Well Dogs got Tom Boyd. Who not to say we might do something Simmlar? As the Cap would come quite Open
I would hope not. Boyd won't be ready to dominate for a few years yet. The dogs rely on their goals from other avenues, and are currently paying massive overs for the kid. He would benefit massively if he had a player like Cloke to play alongside, but he has to go it alone.

The quality of the player is irrelevant. You said KPF's rarely play past 30. I was able to list several off the top of my head that have played well past that, or are still playing past 30. Ergo, you're full of s**t.

You used Waite, J Pod, Schulz and the like. The first two have played significant time down back and are not KPF's.

Playing a crash and bash style as a KPF takes a physical toll. History suggests (Brereton, Carey, etc) that once you hit 30, you struggle as the body can't sustain the physical toll of the most demanding position on the ground.

Collingwood's KPF before Cloke was Anthony Rocca. He was cooked by the time he hit 30 when his body started failing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You used Waite, J Pod, Schulz and the like. The first two have played significant time down back and are not KPF's.

Playing a crash and bash style as a KPF takes a physical toll. History suggests (Brereton, Carey, etc) that once you hit 30, you struggle as the body can't sustain the physical toll of the most demanding position on the ground.
Whatever you reckon mate. You're welcome to your opinion, even if it's terrible and wrong.

Collingwood's KPF before Cloke was Anthony Rocca. He was cooked by the time he hit 30 when his body started failing him.

The key forward Cloke plays most similar too, is Nick Reiwoldt who is going fine in his 30's.

Cloke has gone backwards because the delivery to him has gone backwards, time and time again it is sat on his head or kicked at his ankles, to say he is ripping the club of is pretty poor form on your behalf. Cloke could do himself a favour and lead better but so often the delivery to him is utter rubbish.
On his goal kicking, he has never been an accurate kick and moving him to the backbone is not going to help his kicking.
Can't see the point in trading him, do we want to get rid of all our senior players
It's a catch 22. Cloke is 28, he is not going to be a part of our next flag tilt. It's time to trade him whilst he has some value.
How long are people expecting to be down and out of contention. A few years ago Port were hopeless and gone. The Swans in 2010 had a list that was labelled horrible and old, the pies are the pies for a reason, we don't have to mope around in the cellar like the saints and the demons for decades. Cloke will stay, we will get a free agent gun, and get another swag of great kids in this draft, the kids on the list now will be guns, and hopefully the injuries stay away. That's exactly how it will go down.

Clokey's dad played well into his thirties and Trav has all his dad's genes. Part of Brereton wanted to play on even when his body was shot and he still was a valuable commodity (worked wonders with Sav Rocca) just using his knowledge. Carey....yeah well Carey was just a sleaze so....who cares when he retired?

Trav will be fine into his thirties (if he wants to keep on competing) our task is to find someone to support him.

I would absolutely trade Cloke... but only if we got a gun young forward in return, who can offer something now and be around when we aim to be in contention.

So pretty much Jeremy Cameron or bust.

That would not Surpise me IF we might have a Player that we are Hush Hush On.

Though I have heard we are going to off Dangerfield 1.5 Million Dollars a Year

That's some serious coin . Would prefer to get 2 for the price of 1 any 2 of Treloar Shiel or Hanneberry.

Cap wouldn't open up, The dogs are paying Boyd more than we are paying Cloke. In the whole scheme of things we are actually paying Cloke unders to what he could of got from Fremantle or Carlton.
Trading out Cloke is a silly idea anyway....

I would absolutely trade Cloke... but only if we got a gun young forward in return, who can offer something now and be around when we aim to be in contention.

So pretty much Jeremy Cameron or bust.

Would have loved him think he followed the pies as a junior . Just re signed for 5 years !

I am curious which banned member you are. My guess is Morgoth.

The key forward Cloke plays most similar too, is Nick Reiwoldt who is going fine in his 30's.

Everyone praises Clokes endurance and running ability. Whilst I admit he was an endurance beast, I'm not sure this is the case anymore.

He rarely leads hard and long like Riewoldt anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back