List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if Witts doesn't end up at either Essendon or the Dogs with possibly Carlisle involved.

Not as convinced on it being Witts, but I'm still reasonably confident that Carlisle will be at Collingwood in 2015.

Not as convinced on it being Witts, but I'm still reasonably confident that Carlisle will be at Collingwood in 2015.

What makes you say that about Carlisle? Curious, because I dont mind him as a player. Would allow Reid to play forward while Carlisle plays back.
However is he worth the risk with a possible ban hanging over his head?

The way its going will get a season or 2 out of him before an outcome

Though if it did happen in say ~2 years time, we would (hopefully) be in the middle of our window? Then again, nothing might happen.

Why are you confident me might get him?

Y so convinced

What makes you say that about Carlisle? Curious, because I dont mind him as a player. Would allow Reid to play forward while Carlisle plays back.
However is he worth the risk with a possible ban hanging over his head?

Because it came from the horses mouth. That was 8-10 weeks ago though so things can and may very well change. I think the move of Reid forward has also been an indication of our confidence in Carlisle being over the line (you watch him come out and re-sign tomorrow hah).

As to the latter Sponge no idea myself. Of all the posters on Bigfooty I would be right up there with the most uninformed on that whole saga.

Because it came from the horses mouth. That was 8-10 weeks ago though so things can and may very well change. I think the move of Reid forward has also been an indication of our confidence in Carlisle being over the line (you watch him come out and re-sign tomorrow hah).

As to the latter Sponge no idea myself. Of all the posters on Bigfooty I would be right up there with the most uninformed on that whole saga.

He told you he was coming to pies?

Thanks mate, appreciate your thoughts. Fingers crossed hey!

If all the rumours came true, what a huge offseason... Treloar, Aish, Carlisle, Motlop.

I would hav thought the reason we are playing reid forward is because white is so s**t and brown and frost hav been ok down back. Nothing to do with the off chance carlisle coming to us in 2016

I would hav thought the reason we are playing reid forward is because white is so s**t and brown and frost hav been ok down back. Nothing to do with the off chance carlisle coming to us in 2016

I guess that would be your opinion all I'll say is watch this space :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many words, so little evidence. Wild prediction: both Seedsman and Witts will be at the pies next year. Call me crazy, but it's just my feeling.

Also to those that keep throwing up the Witts is getting a game for trade value, could it not also be that they want to fast track the development of both Witts and Grundy to give us a formidable ruck due in years to come?

This thread seems like a bow drawing competition decided by length.

I guess that would be your opinion all I'll say is watch this space :thumbsu:
Interested in your thoughts on why we'd target Carlisle.

We have Frost, Brown, Scharenberg, Langdon, Marsh and Reid all possible key backs, so not sure why we'd target another back. Unless they think they can play him forward... I would have thought that's a serious deficiency for us given Cloke's age and Moore being our only genuine tall fwd prospect at the mo.

I'm not suggesting Carlisle is not better than some of those mentioned in defence but surely that's one area we're ok in rather than spending $700k per year on.

I genuinely thought seedsmen was a gun, seems I overrated him because it sounds like he is your whipping boy over here. Whats the problem with him?
Massive gap between his best and his worst at AFL level. Struggled for consistency this year. Change of environment might do him world of good.

Interested in your thoughts on why we'd target Carlisle.

We have Frost, Brown, Scharenberg, Langdon, Marsh and Reid all possible key backs, so not sure why we'd target another back. Unless they think they can play him forward... I would have thought that's a serious deficiency for us given Cloke's age and Moore being our only genuine tall fwd prospect at the mo.

I'm not suggesting Carlisle is not better than some of those mentioned in defence but surely that's one area we're ok in rather than spending $700k per year on.
Shaz and Langdon not key position players.

Carlisle, in form, is better than Frost or Brown.

It let's us play Reid forward, which solves our 2nd forward issue.

And it gives us some more flexibility as he can pinch hit forward if required, although you'd hope we would be recruiting him to play back.

All that said, I'm against it as I reckon he drug cheated like the rest of the Bummers and won't be available next year.

Thanks mate, appreciate your thoughts. Fingers crossed hey!

If all the rumours came true, what a huge offseason... Treloar, Aish, Carlisle, Motlop.
And this is what worries me - we can't land all of them.

I watched Carlisle, he was pretty good I thought on the weekend in a pretty poor team showing.

Would there be any caveat in a Contract with Carlisle regarding possible WADA bans or is it buyer beware? Does this also play into our favour regarding a trade with possible damaged goods?

So many words, so little evidence. Wild prediction: both Seedsman and Witts will be at the pies next year. Call me crazy, but it's just my feeling.

Also to those that keep throwing up the Witts is getting a game for trade value, could it not also be that they want to fast track the development of both Witts and Grundy to give us a formidable ruck due in years to come?

This thread seems like a bow drawing competition decided by length.
I don't like the idea and can't see a formidable ruck duo that can only ruck? It takes away from other positions around the ground so unless Witts and Grundy can play KP at either end of the ground I'm not totally sold.

If we can't get an up and coming forward a-la Lynch bringing Carlisle to the Club is the next best thing.
I'm not as harsh on Frosty as few others but it's fairly obvious Carlisle would be a massive upgrade on him, his versatility would come in very handy too.

If he was to miss any games due to ASADA it would be bugger all, as what's been going on of late looks simply like a face saving exercise to me.

And I was beginning to shudder at the thought of Hackery coming to us, thanks for the mail (right or wrong) boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back