List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witts is the one player with currency . Particularly if he continues to improve this year . The swans would be keen as mustard and would certainly hand over say a hanibery if he was keen to come back to vic .
Gws have a top ruck man but he is getting on in years so a wits would be tempting to involve in trade if a treloer/ shiel wanted to come home . Aside from our stars , I cannot see who else would interest them .

But then we need to get another Ruckman IF Witts was part of a Trade to get Hannabery

But then we need to get another Ruckman IF Witts was part of a Trade to get Hannabery

Depends on how Cox and Gault track. Right now it looks like Cox can't lose a hitout.

Heard Mark Stevens say yesterday (I know I know it's Mark Stevens...) that Hanneberry may be looking to come back to Vic. Would be a good pick up despite the fact he's probay not exactly what we need

Can wits and grundy play in same team ! That's the unknown at this stage .. If grundy plays like on the weekend every week, wits becomes superfluous to our needs . Yes we need someone else in case he gets injured but how long will wits hang around to play second fiddle ! Worst case he requests a trade himself and we get stuff all ... I think that second ruck spot / forward role is crucial to sort out ... May we'll be gault .
I for one would not entertain trading of a future star ruck man for anything short of a A grade midfielder - but if opportunity comes up .. Would be hard to knock back ..

Can wits and grundy play in same team ! That's the unknown at this stage .. If grundy plays like on the weekend every week, wits becomes superfluous to our needs . Yes we need someone else in case he gets injured but how long will wits hang around to play second fiddle ! Worst case he requests a trade himself and we get stuff all ... I think that second ruck spot / forward role is crucial to sort out ... May we'll be gault .
I for one would not entertain trading of a future star ruck man for anything short of a A grade midfielder - but if opportunity comes up .. Would be hard to knock back ..

Grundy has said in the Article over the Weekend that Both are very happy to play in the same Team

Heard Mark Stevens say yesterday (I know I know it's Mark Stevens...) that Hanneberry may be looking to come back to Vic. Would be a good pick up despite the fact he's probay not exactly what we need

Would be fantastic, and would require a lot less in a trade than Shiels/Treloar.

Grundy has said in the Article over the Weekend that Both are very happy to play in the same Team
That's the point though - will they both play in the same senior team ? Buckley may want someone who can play more forward and be capable of pinch hitting in ruck like a gault . Grundy May prove to be a ruckman who enjoys the responsibility of playing ruck all game .
Anyway to get quality we will have to give up quality ..

Did someone say Witts and Reid for treloar and Shiel? I think Witts will be great and I know that Reid when for is an important key for us but I'd do it, not sure if GWS will unless they wanted to head to Victoria. Would even consider throwing in our first pick to get it done.

That's the point though - will they both play in the same senior team ? Buckley may want someone who can play more forward and be capable of pinch hitting in ruck like a gault . Grundy May prove to be a ruckman who enjoys the responsibility of playing ruck all game .

Well Teams need a few Ruckman as IF we take a hit of Injury in that Postion we be Stuffed.

Lukcy the Ruck is where we had luck with Injuries last few seasons

Rumour going around that Motlop wants out of Geelong at the end of the year

Definitely someone we should be chasing, we need some pace and creativity.

Yes please.

We'll throw in a 4th rounder if they throw in Luke Parker.....

365554-5ed0ea7c-e60c-11e3-8f8d-558a252c2709.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...family-tradition/story-fnelctok-1226430394164
"You're always expected to make sure you play your role and do what's best for the team. They're always giving you such great advice and they're great to play alongside. It just feels like such an honour and you don't want to let them down."

In particular he had been mentored by Steve Johnson and Travis Varcoe, who watched video edits with him and offered advice during games.

Steven Motlop will miss Geelong’s Round 2 match against Fremantle due to an “off-field” issue

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-off-field-issue/story-fni5f6yf-1227297215937

(Log in to remove this ad.)

365554-5ed0ea7c-e60c-11e3-8f8d-558a252c2709.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...family-tradition/story-fnelctok-1226430394164
"You're always expected to make sure you play your role and do what's best for the team. They're always giving you such great advice and they're great to play alongside. It just feels like such an honour and you don't want to let them down."

In particular he had been mentored by Steve Johnson and Travis Varcoe, who watched video edits with him and offered advice during games.

Maybe Varcoe might help him get to the Pies;):thumbsu:

Id be all for dan h over danger to possibly only due to the fact would have alot more money in the back pocket to recruit another very decent forward to help cloke.
an inclusion like dan and another fowrad 2016 would look amazing with another season into our young back line. Having pendles dan adams levi swan elliot through centre resting forward would be very very good

I have no doubt that Witts and Grundy are both capable of becoming good key forwards in their own right.

Where do I sign? He seems joined at the hip with Jack though, so not super-confident the rumors would be true.

I'd be all over hannebery if true. Although mark Stevens is as reliable as a drug addict selling drugs so wouldn't read anything into it.

What's his contract status like?

Edit: found it. End of 2016. That prime time for a move. Offer coin now, get him to request trade a year before free agency so we don't have to compete. Who does that sound like?

We need another classy midfielder, the club needs to be looking at all options, free agents, out of contract, and blokes with 1 year left should all be looked at. Really don't need anymore kids. Need some 22-24 year olds to mature with the ones we have. Not more 18 year olds.

Last edited:
Motlop-Aish-Danger trade? I know Danger is a RFA, but it may be a way to keep everyone happy?

Motlop & Danger for free, Look out ;) someone please pinch me and wake me up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back