List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget all the fanciful Dangerfield to Pies.

Connors on trade radio "He'll be playing for the Cats next year".

What I did find interesting was he thinks the compo pick (currently 14) is about right. Dreaming. In that case 2nd rounder for Treloar then?

Also manages Berger and said compo will not be a 1st round pick. May not even be a 2nd. "Luey is doing what's best for his career". Sounds like he will take unders to get out of Brisbane.

What I did find interesting was he thinks the compo pick (currently 14) is about right. Dreaming. In that case 2nd rounder for Treloar then?

Also manages Berger and said compo will not be a 1st round pick. May not even be a 2nd. "Luey is doing what's best for his career". Sounds like he will take unders to get out of Brisbane.

Good for us as our pick will not be pushed back.

Pick 14 for Danger is a joke.

Not Pies related but now they're saying Yarran has nominated Richmond.

Richmond want to only give up a second rounder. Carlton wants a first round.

Which is obviously a good start to negotiations... But then "The List Manager" steps in and says he's absolutely worth a second rounder and nothing more.

Gee I hate Plough. So biased.

if he has even a small point then he has admitted that he couldn't cut it.
This indeed. Whether people think Buckley / Voss can coach, he has had two players that left no stone unturned to be greats tell him what he was doing was not enough or appropriate in a team game and he couldn't or wouldn't do it.

Didn't hear the interview. But I've heard the argument that having compensation partly based on ladder position is "fair" because a club like Brisbane "needs" more compensation than a club like Adelaide. In other words the loss is greater because it has a greater impact on the playing list. Therefore compensation is increased to be commensurate with the harm done to your list.

I think that's bollocks and it's just more equalisation in disguise... Also helps the AFL to appease clubs like Melbourne.

I think that the compensation should be that you have the extra salary cap to go and get your own free agent and leave it at that. But we have such a twisted mix of competition and welfare that it all gets lost in the mix anyway.

Meanwhile Hawthorn continue to top up brilliantly and collect flag after flag. Bastards!

Travis Cloke's Statistics over the past 4 years. As you will see, each year he is missing more games through injury. His overall statistics are dropping. And with the exception of one game against Hawthorn in which he kicked 5 goals, the only time he kicks a bag is against the bottom teams. He continually struggles against the better teams

(1) Games; (2) Kicks; (3) HB; (4) Clangers; (5) Cont. Marks; (6) M50; (7) Tackles; (8) Goals; (9) BH; (10) Goal Assist; (11) Goal Accuracy.

2012 – (1) 25; (2) 10.4; (3) 2.8; (4) 2.4; (5) 6.3; (6) 2.9; (7) 2.8; (8) 1.7; (9) 2.4; (10) 1.4; (11) 0.6; (12) 49.6%

2013 – (1) 22; (2) 11.7; (3) 3.0; (4) 2.3; (5) 8.6; (6) 2.6; (7) 4.5; (8) 1.3; (9) 3.1; (10) 2.4; (11) 0.3; (12) 48.6%

2014 – (1) 20; (2) 9.3; (3) 2.9; (4) 2.1; (5) 6.8; (6) 1.6; (7) 2.9; (8) 1.7; (9) 1.9; (10) 1.5; (11) 0.6; (12) 46.4%
Goals
0 goals – (5 times – Freo; Ess (2); Rich; Geel); 1 goal – (5 times); 2 goals – (4 times); 5+ goals – (3 times – Haw, WB St.K)

2015 – (1) 17; (2) 9.8; (3) 2.8; (4) 2.5; (5) 6.6; (6) 2.1; (7) 2.2; (8) 1.4; (9) 1.9; (10) 1.4; (11) 0.5; (12) 54.8%
Goals
0 goals – (4 times – Freo; PA; WCE; Geel); 1 goal – (6 times); 2 goals – (4 times); 5+ goals – (3 times – GWS; St.K; Melb)

I for one would be happy to trade him

This indeed. Whether people think Buckley / Voss can coach, he has had two players that left no stone unturned to be greats tell him what he was doing was not enough or appropriate in a team game and he couldn't or wouldn't do it.

Sounds a bit like one of those people most of us know... Every boss they ever have is an a-hole and it's all their fault that they were fired/quit/found a new job.

So they've changed the FA compensation formula this year so dramatically that under the new system, Melbourne would not have received a first round pick for James Frawley.

How does Paul Connors reveal this at the start of the trade period, when the media has been rampantly speculating about first round compensation for Carlton and Brisbane for weeks now, based largely on the precedent set with the Frawley deal?

Do journalists do any investigating at all in this town anymore?

Not Pies related but now they're saying Yarran has nominated Richmond.

Richmond want to only give up a second rounder. Carlton wants a first round.

Which is obviously a good start to negotiations... But then "The List Manager" steps in and says he's absolutely worth a second rounder and nothing more.

Gee I hate Plough. So biased.

Plough calling himself the list manager has to be the biggest piss take of all time.

Nothing really new with Freeman. Said it has nothing to do with money but opportunity to play midfield. Connor's was asked outright about whether the injury treatment was a reason for his move and he expertly avoided the question by talking about how it is fair for players to move on in 2 years when clubs often delist after two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travis Cloke's Statistics over the past 4 years. As you will see, each year he is missing more games through injury. His overall statistics are dropping. And with the exception of one game against Hawthorn in which he kicked 5 goals, the only time he kicks a bag is against the bottom teams. He continually struggles against the better teams

(1) Games; (2) Kicks; (3) HB; (4) Clangers; (5) Cont. Marks; (6) M50; (7) Tackles; (8) Goals; (9) BH; (10) Goal Assist; (11) Goal Accuracy.

2012 – (1) 25; (2) 10.4; (3) 2.8; (4) 2.4; (5) 6.3; (6) 2.9; (7) 2.8; (8) 1.7; (9) 2.4; (10) 1.4; (11) 0.6; (12) 49.6%

2013 – (1) 22; (2) 11.7; (3) 3.0; (4) 2.3; (5) 8.6; (6) 2.6; (7) 4.5; (8) 1.3; (9) 3.1; (10) 2.4; (11) 0.3; (12) 48.6%

2014 – (1) 20; (2) 9.3; (3) 2.9; (4) 2.1; (5) 6.8; (6) 1.6; (7) 2.9; (8) 1.7; (9) 1.9; (10) 1.5; (11) 0.6; (12) 46.4%
Goals
0 goals – (5 times – Freo; Ess (2); Rich; Geel); 1 goal – (5 times); 2 goals – (4 times); 5+ goals – (3 times – Haw, WB St.K)

2015 – (1) 17; (2) 9.8; (3) 2.8; (4) 2.5; (5) 6.6; (6) 2.1; (7) 2.2; (8) 1.4; (9) 1.9; (10) 1.4; (11) 0.5; (12) 54.8%
Goals
0 goals – (4 times – Freo; PA; WCE; Geel); 1 goal – (6 times); 2 goals – (4 times); 5+ goals – (3 times – GWS; St.K; Melb)

I for one would be happy to trade him

The club will not trade Trav. He is a loyal clubman held in very high regard. Think Pav for Freo.

As much as I love him, if we could land all of Reid, Tomlinson, Howe and get something decent from GC, I wouldn't be against trading Cloke. That's still a damn strong forward line, plus I wouldn't begrudge Trav leaving for more money at this stage of his career (obviously was a bit different back in 2012).
O'meara please!

Sounds like he is going to hawthorn. Is he restricted or unrestricted?

It's a concern that so many people seem to forget Frost...

Frost is still incredibly young and has proven has ice veins as a tall/versatile defender... can only get better.

I'd have him, Reid, Langdon, Williams, Toovey as core of the back... then add around them.

It's a concern that so many people seem to forget Frost...

Frost is still incredibly young and has proven has ice veins as a tall/versatile defender... can only get better.

I'd have him, Reid, Langdon, Williams, Toovey as core of the back... then add around them.

In isolation Frost is OK but as a unit that group is taking us no where. Frost and Toovey butcher the ball by foot and whilst Williams has improved his is still shakey. Brown tends to kick up and under and Langdon tends to take too long to move it on and also tends to kick up and under.

Name me one hawk in their back six who is unreliable by foot, maybe Lake as he tends to just hoof it long but that's it.

We need to improve the skills of our back six.

In isolation Frost is OK but as a unit that group is taking us no where. Frost and Toovey butcher the ball by foot and whilst Williams has improved his is still shakey. Brown tends to kick up and under and Langdon tends to take too long to move it on and also tends to kick up and under.

Name me one hawk in their back six who is unreliable by foot, maybe Lake as he tends to just hoof it long but that's it.

We need to improve the skills of our back six.

Alistair Clarkson paid for a kicking coach out of his own pocket when Hawthorn wouldn't pay for one back then. Now look at them.

Alistair Clarkson paid for a kicking coach out of his own pocket when Hawthorn wouldn't pay for one back then. Now look at them.

I think that's more to do with their recruiting strategy. Once you recruit an 18 year old kid it's often very hard to change a lifetime of kicking habits and turn him into a good kick... Hawthorn for years though have been focusing on the guys who always hit their targets and stay calm under pressure. we have nearly done the opposite and look where both clubs are.

Half our mids and nearly all of our defenders can't hit the side of a barn

I think he's got a pretty fair return on his investment then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back