Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors - Season 19 : B&F Winner: El Dubya

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know I'm probably playing into their hands here, but I'd prefer it if the opposing team's captain wasn't running the sim.

If it was a different poster, I might forgive it, but in this case I think it deserves some mention.

On this note, when can we expect Frankston Rover to sim one of our (wins) games?

I'll check but I'm pretty sure boncer34 runs the sim and then sends the commentary files to specific posters for them to post.

Not a great look though to have Soggy posting the game after his efforts in the Match Thread.

Yeah normally I try and send matches they aren't participating in to people.

Yesterday I was hungover, sunburnt and completely ****ed after getting home at 8.30 grabbing 2 hours sleep and then having footy training at 11.30.

So I had zero *s to give yesterday. :(

Anyway, quite possibly the worst week I've ever seen in my time here at the SFA.

Not only was the Match Thread an excruciating borefest, the result didn't go our way either - despite a solid start.

My votes this week:

Round 3 Mr_Smooth #CIWBF
5 - El Dubya
4 - invinciBlues
3 - Haduken
2 - zackah
1 - The Mighty Boosh

Stats after three rounds:

2elgtnd.jpg

Yesterday I was hungover, sunburnt and completely stuffed after getting home at 8.30 grabbing 2 hours sleep and then having footy training at 11.30.

So I had zero ****s to give yesterday. :(

Thanks for nothing. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for nothing. :thumbsdown:
Monday Boncer apologises coz he thought after reading back this morning it wasn't a great move.

Weekend Boncer says * off campaigner I'm just trying not to die here

it's harder to do nothing, than to have a massive one

Having a massive one isn't easy.

I have trouble finding comfortable underwear.

Round 3 Match Review Vs Gold City Royals

Round 3 saw the Warriors welcome the Gold City Royals to the leafy surrounds of Van Cortlandt Park, in what was sure to be a feisty matchup. After a lively and somewhat controversial match thread, both sides were keen to finally hit the field and let their qooty do the talking.

Looking to make a fast start after their dismal showing the previous week it was the Warriors who started the better of the two teams, bursting out of the blocks early. With midfielders Reginald Perrin, El Dubya and zackah particularly dominant the Warriors were able to take a commanding 22 point lead into the first change.

Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 3.4.22
Gold City Royals 0.0.0

Where as the first quarter belonged to the Warriors it was the Royals who dominated the second quarter, continually winning the ball around the stoppages and pumping the ball forward at every opportunity. With the Warrior backline under siege the Royals slammed on 4 goals 7 behinds for the quarter, Royal innacuracy keeping the Warriors in the game at the long break.

Half Time
Coney Island Warriors 4.4.28
Gold City Royals 4.7.31

When the Warriors started the third quarter promisingly it appeared this one was destined to be a classic, however the Royals were able to consolidate and extend their margin late in the quarter. While El Dubya continued to work tirelessly in the midfield it was the defensive efforts of Haduken and Retired Jimmy which kept the Warriors within striking distance at the last change.

Three Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 7.5.47
Gold City Royals 10.8.68

When the Royals kicked the first two goals of the final stanza it appeared this one was in the books, until a mini fightback from the Warriors (throught he efforts of Stronzo and Les Norton) breathed life into the home crowd. Alas the potential comeback was shortlived for the home side, the Royals eventually running out convincing 28 point winners.

Final Scores
Coney Island Warriors 9.6.60
Gold City Royals 13.10.88

Goals
Stronzo, BigJoeD 2, invinciBlues, Lord_Flashheart, Les Norto,n El Dubya, zackah

Best
El Dubya, Reginald Perrin, invinciBlues, Haduken, zackah, The Mighty Boosh

Congratulations to Marlowe and Son of God on a hard fought victory, and good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Round 3
100px-0,112,0,112-PWNED_Trophy.png

Amongst several worthy contenders (El Dubya can consider himself extremely unlucky for his tale of times past) it was this gem from Stronzo that takes the chocolates this week:

Is this the real life?
Is it the fantasy league?
Caught in a thread fight
No escape from mundanity
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and scream
I'm just a forward pocket, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the thread goes, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Jugga, just mashed the button
Put a post up on this thread
He mashed the button now it's dead
Jugga, the thread had just begun
But now you've gone and reported it all away
Jugga, ooO0oo
Didn't mean to make you cry
but if Timtam posts something vulgar up tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing ever happened

Too late, okeydoke has come
Sends caution down the line
Posts disappear 5 at a time
Goodbye smut and filth you've got to go
Gotta leave it in the bay, you're too uncouth
Jugga, ooO0oo
You better hope it doesn't rain
'Cause if it does you'll kick no goals at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, you're a douche will you write a dissertation?
Paragraphs and writings very unenlightening me
TL;DR, TL;DR,
TL;DR, TL;DR,
TL;DR SOGaro - non magnifico

But I'm just the greatest everybody loves me
He's just a poor sap jilted by the bay's company
Spare him insults or he'll have a killing spree
Angry come angry go will you let me go
Bismillah! Sure! we will let you go - piss him off
Bismillah! Sure! we will let you go - piss him off
Bismillah! We will let you go let me go
Will you let the bay go?
Never let you go, let us go!
Never let the bay go ooo
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia will he ever let things go?
El Dub knows a shrink who'll work your case for free
For free
For free!

Musical interlude (Marlow face palms in time with the beat)

So you think you can matchthread sans me dropping by?
So you think TL;DR is a reasonable reply?
Oh baybes can't do this to me baybes
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Nothing really matters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me

C9014942C.gif

Congratulations Stronzo on your Round 3 nomination :)

Next Week

Round 4 sees the Warriors hit he road to take on the rejuvenated Sin City Swamprats in what looms as a must win matchup for the men from Coney Island - the question is, will under siege coach Neil Craig still be in the chair come Sunday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the matchday thread sucked as long as SoG was in it, I like to think the Sunday breathed some life into it and through contributions from genuinely good posters from the Royals lifted it a bit. We rose with them as well. :thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more Big H, we are likely to face a similarly immature opponent this week in bffl (was eaglesfan99 last season).
We are probably better to ignore him as much as possible, for our own enjoyment as much as anything

Yesterday I was hungover, sunburnt and completely stuffed after getting home at 8.30 grabbing 2 hours sleep and then having footy training at 11.30.

So I had zero ****s to give yesterday. :(
Did soggy participate? I didn't notice him on field.

2psrj20.jpg

What was good?
  • 19 contributors was great to see. Despite popular belief - in a sea of s**t, there was actually some great bantering going on and some very creative things posted/created/etc etc. Although most of it was brief, it was excellent at times.
  • 15 of the 19 went into double figures which is good consistency. We flew the Warriors flag in the face of overwhelming negative nancy's.
  • Retired Jimmy had a breakout posting game. Great to see him go toe-to-toe with the opposition and never shirk the contest. Has potential!
  • Guys like Stronzo, The Mighty Boosh, Raveneyes, Haduken and Les Norton have really stepped it up this season. Have become really solid contributors who we'll rely upon no doubt as the season progresses.
What was not good?
  • Match thread as a whole was very ordinary. Both parties were guilty, and no doubt from my point of view, it was one of the worst I've ever been a part of, and I've been a part of many s**t slugfests.
  • We couldn't win for NetworkNerd which sucks, sorry for losing in your 50th man. :(
  • We lost the game.
  • Our aggression is fine and many of us know things are said in jest, however we need to be careful of what is being posted. Even though we took the mickey out of okey's post and used it as fuel to attack the Royals - okey did have a point. We can push the envelope, but try to steer clear from attacking the person behind the computer. We should be attacking the 'persona' of the poster. Also steer clear from mum jokes, this league has had bad history of people taking mum jokes too far and as a result there is actually a rule against it.

Our next game is against the Sin City Swamprats (nee Alberton Swamprats). They're ferals who have been pretty s**t over the course of their history. We need to bounce back!

***Note - the views expressed in this post are solely those of BoshtrichBurger. Any issues please take it up with that washed up campaigner***

Great work Bosh.

Agree about Retired Jimmy - had a blinder in the Match Thread and really brought something to the table. Solid numbers too with 19 individual posters.

As I've said before, I'm not after triple figures every week but if we can get 18 posters posting regularly (even 10 posts a week), we will certainly be one of the most active clubs in the competition.

Cheers guys for making a s**t week bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back