Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 7 - Fighting Furies v Coney Island Warriors at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

1710143099797.png

Last time they met
In Round 7 of S36 on a warm day at Van Cortlandt Park, the Furies kicked the first goal of the game and had 3 of the first 4 scoring shots before the Warriors found another gear and kicked 3 unanswered goals to hold a 13 point advantage at the main term. They were in a different league to the Furies for the rest of the game and extended their lead at each change en route to a decisive 73 point win to the Warriors. pantskyle (111 DT, 2 goals, 31 disposals) was best on ground as his brother The Filth Wizard kicked 6 goals but could easily have had 10. Shueygod (-3 DT) wasn't the only one on his team who had a day to forget but Frothies Mcveigh (88 DT, 26 disposals) was one of the only Furies who could hold his head high.

Last Week
The Furies and Bombers engaged in a hard fought tussle in the first half with 7 lead changes as the margin was just 3 points to the Bombers at quarter time and 1 point to the Furies at half time. An early goal to the Furies in the third term appeared to give them a buffer but they were no match for the Bombers thereafter as they never regained the lead again and slumped to a 30 point loss. Former admin NaturalDisaster (84 DT, 18 disposals, 12 hitouts) battled all day with little support and ShaunDuggan kicked 3 from limited supply but could easily have had 5 goals. The Warriors regrouped after conceding a 20 point lead early in the first quarter and remained in touch with extraordinary accuracy. They lifted further when it mattered most in second half before 3 late goals in the final term sealed their memorable comeback 23 point win. Talented Ocha905 (102 DT, 9 tackles) was best on ground as The Filth Wizard (5 goals) , Raveneyes (3 goals) and Piggy Smalls (3 goals) all cashed in.

Prediction
Furies by 13

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm SFA time (WST) this Thursday in the format outlined in this post

Season 5 Hello GIF by Pee-wee Herman

Thank you MWPP for the preview.

How's the Fighting going Furies?

Sorry Wazza's for my lack of tin hat. You can blame my bad tipping and Frederico_WA

Prediction
Furies by 13

look-thats-not-gonna-happen-30rock.gif

It's Friday 4, please close thread until Friday 5 tomorrow.

Also, please change our name to The Coney Island Attacking Aardvarks.

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

Attacking Aardvarks vs Fighting Furies is an aesthetically pleasing matchup.

View attachment 1925262

It's Friday 4, please close thread until Friday 5 tomorrow.

Don't let last week's performance fool you Mr Piranha. We've won 2 of our last 10 games and are playing the bottom placed side which is fertile simhousery areas. Of course it's bloody gonna happen.

Can't believe you mentioned me in the same breath as that spud.

He's probably going to say the same thing.

I took a breath between typing your names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you MWPP for the preview.

How's the Fighting going Furies?

Sorry Wazza's for my lack of tin hat. You can blame my bad tipping and Frederico_WA
Oh dear ... now I have to look at that rectangular avatar here too?!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?!!

Oh dear ... now I have to look at that rectangular avatar here too?!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?!!
Spam challenge accepted.

It’s all your fault after it was all my fault so that makes it no one’s fault. I think.

View attachment 1925238

Last time they met
In Round 7 of S36 on a warm day at Van Cortlandt Park, the Furies kicked the first goal of the game and had 3 of the first 4 scoring shots before the Warriors found another gear and kicked 3 unanswered goals to hold a 13 point advantage at the main term. They were in a different league to the Furies for the rest of the game and extended their lead at each change en route to a decisive 73 point win to the Warriors. pantskyle (111 DT, 2 goals, 31 disposals) was best on ground as his brother The Filth Wizard kicked 6 goals but could easily have had 10. Shueygod (-3 DT) wasn't the only one on his team who had a day to forget but Frothies Mcveigh (88 DT, 26 disposals) was one of the only Furies who could hold his head high.

Last Week
The Furies and Bombers engaged in a hard fought tussle in the first half with 7 lead changes as the margin was just 3 points to the Bombers at quarter time and 1 point to the Furies at half time. An early goal to the Furies in the third term appeared to give them a buffer but they were no match for the Bombers thereafter as they never regained the lead again and slumped to a 30 point loss. Former admin NaturalDisaster (84 DT, 18 disposals, 12 hitouts) battled all day with little support and ShaunDuggan kicked 3 from limited supply but could easily have had 5 goals. The Warriors regrouped after conceding a 20 point lead early in the first quarter and remained in touch with extraordinary accuracy. They lifted further when it mattered most in second half before 3 late goals in the final term sealed their memorable comeback 23 point win. Talented Ocha905 (102 DT, 9 tackles) was best on ground as The Filth Wizard (5 goals) , Raveneyes (3 goals) and Piggy Smalls (3 goals) all cashed in.

Prediction
Furies by 13

Leadership Groups, please have your team sheets submitted by 11.59pm SFA time (WST) this Thursday in the format outlined in this post
13 is my lucky and favourite number. We're so gonna lose!

Lets Go Support GIF by The Voice

13 is my lucky and favourite number. We're so gonna lose!

Lets Go Support GIF by The Voice
You're too busy on your World Eras Tour but I still back your teammates to cover for you...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back