Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors - Season 19 : B&F Winner: El Dubya

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win joys.........if you don't mind though, I though I might put contract negotiations off til seasons end. Ballbag Bandits have put an offer on the table, and if you guys can't match a can of coke a Mars Bar, I may have to consider my options. Won't be rushed into a decision though
i have a snickers here..

Great win joys.........if you don't mind though, I though I might put contract negotiations off til seasons end. Ballbag Bandits have put an offer on the table, and if you guys can't match a can of coke a Mars Bar, I may have to consider my options. Won't be rushed into a decision though
The Dees tried to poach me last year with a stunning offer of sexual favours in return for my signature.

Lucky I read the fine print and I realised they wanted me to perform the favours on them :eek:

Between Seasons 1-15 eight players kicked 10 or more goals. Think Beng might be the only one since that's done it.
excellent! :thumbsu:

Great win boys.........if you don't mind though, I though I might put contract negotiations off til seasons end. Ballbag Bandits have put an offer on the table, and if you guys can't match a can of coke a Mars Bar, I may have to consider my options. Won't be rushed into a decision though

It was TWO Mars Bars.

Between Seasons 1-15 eight players kicked 10 or more goals. Think Beng might be the only one since that's done it.

I believe mine was in my third game of Qooty during the Pre-Season 16 State of Origin. It was a cool day, slight breeze...

Round 5 Match Review Vs Baghdad Bandits

Round 5 saw the 1-3 Warriors travel to the barren surrounds of Baghdad, for a must win matchup with the 2-2 Bandits. After an enjoyable goat-free week of banter, both teams were ready to let their qooty do the talking come gametime.

It was clear from the opening minutes that both sides had come to play, the teams displaying a high level of qootball ability. In a seesaw tussle it was the Warriors that took a narrow lead into the first break, with 3 goals from Warrior goalsneak Retired Jimmy setting the scene for the travelling Coney Islanders.

Quarter Time
Baghdad Bandits 6.4.40
Coney Island Warriors 7.4.46

Where the first quarter was a tight affair the second stanza was all Warriors - The Mighty Boosh dominating at the clearances and spoon feeding the Warrior onball brigade. With Sydney Bloods and zackah resolute in defence the Bandits had little answer to the Warrior onslaught, and when Warrior spearhead Stronzo dobbed his 4th for the quarter (and 6th of the match) the rampaging Warriors had opened up a 36 point advantage at the long break.

Half Time
Baghdad Bandits 8.7.55
Coney Island Warriors 14.7.91

The halftime break gave little respite for the Bandits as the Warriors started the second half as they had finished the first - dominating around the stoppages and pumping the ball forward to the rampant Warrior forward line. With Mobbs Medal fancy El Dubya doing as he pleased, and ably assisted by Raveneyes, Les Norton and Reginald Perrin, the Warriors opened up an insurmountable 63 point lead at the last change.

Three Quarter Time
Baghdad Bandits 10.13.73
Coney Island Warriors 21.10.136

The final quarter bore more resemblance to the first, the Bandits determined to finish out the game well and take some momentum into next week. Warrior forward tandem Stronzo and Retired Jimmy continued their domination in attack, with enforcer Haduken also running into some form at CHF - in the end it was the Warriors running out comfortable 63 point winners.

Final Scores
Baghdad Bandits 15.17.107
Coney Island Warriors 26.14.170

Goals
Stronzo 10, Retired Jimmy 4, Lord_Flashheart Raveneyes 3, Haduken El Dubya 2, Les Norton Reginald Perrin

Best
Stronzo, El Dubya, Raveneyes, Sydney Bloods, Reginald Perrin, Haduken, The Mighty Boosh, zackah

Cheers to Beng, Shermy and the rest of the Bandits for an enjoyable week, and good luck for the rest of the season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Round 5
100px-0,112,0,112-PWNED_Trophy.png

While the 'Pwned' Trophy is usually awarded to the Warrior who displays one of the more wittier retorts in the given match thread, this week's nomination goes to a man who displayed an uncanny, Nostradamus like ability this week - an ability I certainly could have done with on Saturday, where I was granted a leave pass, headed to Femington with the lads and proceeded to do my nuts:

IN6A7oQ.gif

Congratulation Les on your Round 5 nomination :thumbsu:

Next Week

The Road Warriors travel to Las Vegas this week, for a matchup with our fellow S18 expansion side the Bears. This fixture has proven to be one of the more enjoyable matchups in our short existence, so lets get amongst it this week and make it two wins on the trot :thumbsu:
Thanks BigJoe, Id forgotten I said that.

Great work as per usual

Great win boys.........if you don't mind though, I though I might put contract negotiations off til seasons end. Ballbag Bandits have put an offer on the table, and if you guys can't match a can of coke a Mars Bar, I may have to consider my options. Won't be rushed into a decision though
Do that and I'll hunt you down and remove your left nut with a cold rusty fish fork

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need. Jimmy and Haduken have already been filling their boots.

Does suck though. Crowley is a favourite of mine and a nice bloke as well.
We might not have a side to field this week after Stronzo has his way with the bay :eek:

ROUND 5 - #CIWBF Mr_Smooth

5 - Stronzo
4 - El Dubya
3 - The Mighty Boosh
2 - Raveneyes (Self love again. But 21 touches and 3 goals is a good return. Right? :drunk:)
1 - Retired Jimmy

Loving this centre square gig, feels like it's where I belong. I'm gonna keep it up and smash these Bandits.

.... and keep it up I did. LOVE IT!

Feels good to win, and win big.
The thread was pretty good too. Tried to stir up Beng early on, but he's a great sport and fired back just as well. :thumbsu:

Thanks also to Frankston Rover for the stats and BigJoeD for the review.

Cheers!

We might not have a side to field this week after Stronzo has his way with the bay :eek:
Some funny and predictable responses so far. I can imagine after 2 years it would wear you down though, so kudos to my Essendon warrior brothers for enduring with good humour.

ROUND 5 - #CIWBF Mr_Smooth

5 - Stronzo
4 - El Dubya
3 - The Mighty Boosh
2 - Raveneyes (Self love again. But 21 touches and 3 goals is a good return. Right? :drunk:)
1 - Retired Jimmy

.... and keep it up I did. LOVE IT!

Feels good to win, and win big.
The thread was pretty good too. Tried to stir up Beng early on, but he's a great sport and fired back just as well. :thumbsu:

Thanks also to Frankston Rover for the stats and BigJoeD for the review.

Cheers!
Thanks for the vote RE........Question Frankston Rover I give votes being a rookie or is there a club committee I'm unaware of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back