POTY Congratulations Josh Kennedy - 2015 BigFooty Swans Player of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only did Kennedy come home with a huge 2nd half of the year to win it, but Tippett came from the clouds to get on the podium with a great 2nd half of the year.

Tippett had 4 votes in 12 games before moving into the ruck. 29 votes in 10 games after becoming #1 ruck

Great effort from mitchell too
Wish he'd continued that form into the finals but alas, 3 votes total for the 2 games was disappointing. Still, I expect he'll learn to handle the extra pressure as he matures. Goodes brilliant in the finals will be sorely missed. Some of the young guys need to make that step up this year. A few have a bag of finals games under their belts now so expectations will be for them to perform on the big stage.

I'd like to see a 'Player of the finals award'. I'd have Tippet, Kennedy and Goodes for my top 3 this year. Goodes probably wins it for me just through consistency. His game against Freo was legendary and the first half of the North game he was almost the only one keeping us in the game, save Rampe who really did make the step up in that one. The shame was that some of our senior players didn't. Great that Shaw did and went out displaying the same brilliant dash he came to us with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back