Connors and Martin off field sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Think this just highlights that he was never going to change, really disappointing.

I can understand a player getting pissed off with the media hysteria.

I'm one of those people that personaly couldn't give a stuff what players do in their own time provided they don't harm another person or the property of others and show up in good nick to play football.

Bad luck for the kid Connors, and Dusty would want to be a little wiser if he is going to chase recreational pursuits. I reckon you will make more of an impression on him if you whack him hard in the pocket.

its official then

Dont want to be cynical .. but .. who is buying "sleeping pills"

No one.

connors' tweet just shows how he is an arrogant prick. absolutely no remorse, no apologies to the richmond supporters.
Pfft, who wants to hear an apology anyway. It wouldn't be from the heart anyway.

Jon Ralph just posted an opinion piece on the Herald Sun website. Hints at Dusty following Ben Cousins lifestyle due to being good friends. Surely Benny would tell him to go the other way if they were that close. Cant imagine him bringing young kids into that lifestyle.

Wow thats really poor, "opinion piece" is this what so called journalists use to get around being sued for defamation? We get it Martin has been walking a fine line, but lets put and 2 + 2 together to make 5 because thats what the general public want to read happened even if it isnt true.

Didnt realise Ralph was another ambulance chaser in the mould of hutchy.

You get off ours
Steve-Bucknor.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was Dustin mixing sleeping tablets with alcohol?
Sometimes it's the only way for them to take affect. Trust me, from someone who regularly takes Stilnox (although I try to limit it to twice a week) a couple of glasses of wine really helps it kick in and helps it to take affect. Think of how wired these guys are after games. We're all human.

So it's not as bad as it sounded. Connors had to leave, who cares he was never going to make it.
That's not a very nice way to put it, but it's your opinion. I care though. Professional sport is not for everyone. The disciplines involved are just too much for some. I'm amazed more don't follow in Dan's path to be honest. Says volumes for the support they actually do get from their clubs.
We are all human beings capable of making mistakes.

is it just me or are the Tigers trying to now poor cold water on this issue.
Sleeping tablets or not, when misused with alcohol they can have pretty bad sides effect - Just ask Grant Hackett or Ben Cousins.

Connors is just dumb & Dusty doesn't appear to be a rhode scholar either

Sometimes it's the only way for them to take affect. Trust me, from someone who regularly takes Stilnox (although I try to limit it to twice a week) a couple of glasses of wine really helps it kick in and helps it to take affect. Think of how wired these guys are after games. We're all human.
Yer agree but still wired Monday night? Surely that cant be the excuse for this.

What a crazy week! Jackson suspended and injuries to King and Grimes (again!) and then Vickery out for the season and now this! I feel stupid for defending Connors, really had high hopes for him. What a moron. Dustin, I am sure will come back better than ever, considering his response to being told he was overweight at the beginning of last year.

Gutted about Connors. Yet another player to add to the list of highly talented guys at Richmond who have failed to meet behavioural requirements. I have always been a vocal supporter of Connors and feel for him but seriously, he has had enough chances and we all knew that his next * up would be his last. I can't imagine how he must have felt when he eventually woke up yesterday and realised he had just snoozed his career away.

Dusty's punishment fair enough IMO. I must admit I jumped the gun in tabling the idea of trading him but never really thought of it as a genuine possibility. More thinking of a contingency if he had committed a serious act ie. illicit drugs/3rd strike etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back