Connors and Martin off field sanctions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes it's the only way for them to take affect. Trust me, from someone who regularly takes Stilnox (although I try to limit it to twice a week) a couple of glasses of wine really helps it kick in and helps it to take affect. Think of how wired these guys are after games. We're all human.

But isn't it for missing training Monday morning?:confused:
Thats two days after the game.

The whole story smells to be honest.

Were Martin and Connors in the habit of taking sleeping pills together?
Why?

And why did they happen to both sleep in on this occasion?

What a crazy week! Jackson suspended and injuries to King and Grimes (again!) and then Vickery out for the season and now this! I feel stupid for defending Connors, really had high hopes for him. What a moron. Dustin, I am sure will come back better than ever, considering his response to being told he was overweight at the beginning of last year.
Ahh, so he just needs for something to go wrong every six months to need a wake up call....?

Sounds like this is just the beginning then..

Well, there it is. I understand the issues with unprescribed medication, just imagine the fall out if Dusty messed up and took something on the banned list? Silly boy.

I am all for sending a very clear message. Club needs to be firm but fair. Pretending things aren't serious becos it's dustin's birthday etc won't do anyone any good especially D. martin. He needs to understand that even though he is 21 there are certain standards and expectations both the club and it's supporters have. If this is at all unclear to Dustin or any of our other players it will result in more long term pain for the RFC and it's supporters (and we all know what thats been like). As young as he is he has been given a chance to do something very few people will ever have and there are others who are just as young at other clubs who know this so Dusty and anyone coming to the RFC need to be crystal clear about this also. For the record I'm a huge fan of Dusty's I don't know what has happend but I hope he takes it on the chin and grabs the opportunity he's been given with both hands and this is the making of him. I remember when he was drafted all wanted to do was what the coaches told him and gain the respect of his team mates. I dare say he may have taken some steps back from that and he'll need to make up some ground again in that area. If he is supended for 2 weeks. I feel sorry for the Roos when they unleash him at AFL level again.

Yer agree but still wired Monday night? Surely that cant be the excuse for this.
fair point. There's more to this than what is being told, but it looks as if that's all we will be told. As long as it's being sorted out proplery behind closed doors then I am OK with it.

But isn't it for missing training Monday morning?:confused:
Thats two days after the game.

The whole story smells to be honest.

Were Martin and Connors in the habit of taking sleeping pills together?
Why?

And why did they happen to both sleep in on this occasion?

It only smells because you didnt get the answer you were all hoping for thats why.

IMO Connors (prescribed pills) Dusty (not prescribed pills) not hard to work out how he got them is it? Not hard to work out why Connors is now an ex-Richmond player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sleeping pills seems like a cover up. You don't sack someone who has taken prescribed sleeping pills and overslept.. Ben Cousins didn't get the sack. Mutual agreement means, "Daniel we are going to sack you or you can leave" "If you want to go to another side next year, then just say you have decided to leave"

As bad as it seems, it really is a blessing in disguise getting Connors out of our club, bad for him personally (and I wish him the best as I've had friends with similar issues) but from the start he's been nothing but selfish and disrespectful to our jumper and his "team mates".

Gutted about Connors. Yet another player to add to the list of highly talented guys at Richmond who have failed to meet behavioural requirements. I have always been a vocal supporter of Connors and feel for him but seriously, he has had enough chances and we all knew that his next **** up would be his last. I can't imagine how he must have felt when he eventually woke up yesterday and realised he had just snoozed his career away.

Dusty's punishment fair enough IMO. I must admit I jumped the gun in tabling the idea of trading him but never really thought of it as a genuine possibility. More thinking of a contingency if he had committed a serious act ie. illicit drugs/3rd strike etc.

No, no jumping the gun, If the deals right..... The biggest mistake any club will make is where the individual gets put in front of the team.
Like i said, WCE - Chris who????

Speculation once again. You're better than that Mike.
It is but I just mean compared to the other possibilities, Martin looked for sleeping tablets, the sleeping tablets were not on the allowed list, I would hope that's how they were obtained. Martin being convinced to take them means an immature brain fart only, them being on the allowed list means he won't be sanctioned by the AFL (not just the club).

It only smells because you didnt get the answer you were all hoping for thats why.

IMO Connors (prescribed pills) Dusty (not prescribed pills) not hard to work out how he got them is it? Not hard to work out why Connors is now an ex-Richmond player.
Of course its not hard to work out how he got them.

My questions are :
  • why were they taking them two days after a game?
  • was this a regular practice
  • And the million dollar question - why did they just both happen to have exactly the same reaction and sleep in?
Look if you want to believe they were both having a slumber party and took a sleeping pill each because they got too excited watching the Tour De France - after which they both slept in - then that's your prerogative.

Just seems a bit off to me.

Any idea if these two share a house?
They don't. Someone can give exacts if I don't find it before them.

Edit, here:
... Martin’s ... In his first year with the club, ... moving him into the home of club president Gary March. Connors, who lived with teammate Shane Edwards, is a frequent visitor to March’s home.
March is currently overseas and unavailable for comment.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-sack-connors-suspend-martin-20120704-21g94.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back