Contract , delisting & draft news & discussion part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Contract , delisting & draft news & discussion.

Campbell gone.

Oh man. Another one gone. He would of got tonnes of opportunities in 2009 also. He would be way ahead of Murphy to get a game. Unbelievable.

Campbell gone.

Oh man. Another one gone. He would of got tonnes of opportunities in 2009 also. He would be way ahead of Murphy to get a game. Unbelievable.

NO!!! All we know at this point is that Lachy Reid is a dumb s**t who was too lazy to go and find some real news so he made some s**t up to fill in his update on Rob Warnock. There has been no announcement and there is nothing official. Just an opinion piece by that bald headed f**kstick.

My friend was playing poker at Burswood this morning and was seated next to Brett Peake.

Peake was asked by someone else at the table about what Peake personally was doing next year to which he replied....

"I don't know, might go play on the gold coast... haha.... nah I don't know"

Doesn't mean much, but take into consideration I had heard within the club a week or so back that Peake wanted out. I don't really understand why he would answer 'I don't know' considering he is contracted for next year if he wanted to stay.

Maybe I making too much of this.

More importantly, what are Peaker's poker skills like?

Latest list development with Mundy and Murphy signing (not adding Campbell in unless it's an official announcement...)

Gorn...
MCarr - retired
Bellie - retired
Macca - retired (rookie list)
Black - retired
MaJohnson - retired
Webster - retired
JCarr - trade
Farmer - retired
Dunn - delisted (rookie list)
Warnock - trade

Solomon
Browne

Peake
MiJohnson
Grover
Hayden
Drum
Ibbotson
Crowley
Schammer
Dodd
Gilmore
Campbell
Headland
Hase
Foster
O'Brien
Head
Bradley

Tarrant
Sandi
Pav
McPharlin
Palmer
Hinkley
Mayne
Duffield
Thornton
Murphy
Mundy

Rookies
Smith
Connelly
Pratt
Mourish

Bradley signed for 2 years surely otherwise we would have heard about him more often as being out of contract, playing for his career etc.

Yeah you'd think so but Head and MaJ both only got one year, so seems probable that Kep got the same as them.

Yeah you'd think so but Head and MaJ both only got one year, so seems probable that Kep got the same as them.
Head was an unknown 25 year old from the WAFL, MaJ was a 29 year old... so you'd expect them to get 1 year.

I would like to see it kept as is now,

Browne 1 more year to keep some sort of depth.

Solly + Big Bad Kep will be there next year you would think.

That would leave us with 8 to add to main list.

A second rd pick + suitable player could be the go with Warnock then that would leave us with 7 to add.

If we get ports 4th rounder for Carr,

Then we would could have 6 picks in the draft with the last 2 in the early 4th round leaving one more pick in PSD.

Or we could just take all 7 in the draft with the last been in the 5th round leaving the option open to dump Browne if there is a good pick in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head was an unknown 25 year old from the WAFL, MaJ was a 29 year old... so you'd expect them to get 1 year.

Yeah you're prob right - they did actively try and trade for him, but picked him up in the draft when the trade fell over and he was then delisted. I'll edit it.

Yeah you're prob right - they did actively try and trade for him, but picked him up in the draft when the trade fell over and he was then delisted. I'll edit it.
Just blame everyone else but me if it is wrong :D

Players freo should look at getting.
Armitage
Griffen
Either Lovett or Krakour

Correction
Armfield could come as part of the Warnock deal, say him and 2nd round for warnock (Between Carlton and Freo)

Both sides would be happy with this one.

Griffen either a straight trade (early 3rd round) or carlton 2nd round pick

lovett would come cheap - late 3rd or early 4th round, there has even been talks of the bombers delisting him

The big question would be with freo already poor culture could we get the best out of him.
You would have to offer him a short term (1-2 year) performance based contract.

trade campbell to buldogs for late 2nd round or 3rd round
You will probably only get a third round, but as he is in contract we might get lucky.

Trade carr + late 3rd round pick for krakour.

This way freo gains two or three extremley quick midfielders which is really needs.

Plus ruckman which it also need to replace warnock.

Any news on Solly? Do we think he is staying on? There was a passing comment on the radio this morning, one of the hosts was asking if Solly was being delisted.

I hope we re-sign him. Need him out there with all these youngsters we will have.

Thoughts?

Players freo should look at getting.
Armitage
Griffen
Either Lovett or Krakour

Armitage could come as part of the Warnock deal, say him and 2nd round for warnock

Both sides would be happy with this one.

Griffen either a straight trade (early 3rd round) or carlton 2nd round pick

lovett would come cheap - late 3rd or early 4th round, there has even been talks of the bombers delisting him

The big question would be with freo already poor culture could we get the best out of him.
You would have to offer him a short term (1-2 year) performance based contract.

trade campbell to buldogs for late 2nd round or 3rd round
You will probably only get a third round, but as he is in contract we might get lucky.

Trade carr + late 3rd round pick for krakour.

This way freo gains two or three extremley quick midfielders which is really needs.

Plus ruckman which it also need to replace warnock.

Would love to have Armitage down at Fremantle.

Would swap Warnock directly for this kid. Saints are more likely to give up a 1st rounder than to get rid of Armitage.

Not sure why Armitage would want to come to Perth.

Any news on Solly?

I hope we re-sign him. Need him out there with all these youngsters we will have.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, what does re-signing him and him being out there have to do with each other? He was signed for this year, and was barely out there. Any indescretions and he also won't be out there in the future, and anyway won't be out there for round 1.

Unfortunately our list of vanishing players now means we probably need to re-sign him. Poor as the decision may be, I would have rather kept Farmer. At least he plays in a position where we have no-one else to play.

We have to keep in mind that we HAVE to pick up 3 more kids next year aswell.

This is true, but we shouldn't be rewarding guys simply because we want to delist them next year. Give the spot to a kid and, if he's rubbish, delist him next year. Just because we feel sorry for them, doesn't mean we should give them a contract. Not anymore, anyway. :eek:

So, you want Armitage and a 2nd rounder for Warnock (who is out of contract) but are only prepared to give up a 3rd rounder or the 2nd rounder received for Warnock for Griffen (who is in contract)? Adelaide won't accept it.

Essendon want a 1st round pick for Lovett and he's contracted. Very unlikely you'll get him cheap.

We'd be lucky to be offered a 3rd round for Campbell, unless the Bulldogs are desperate, and their 2nd rounder will be a late one, so it's close to a 3rd round pick anyway. I think we should keep him unless someone offers an early 2nd round or better.

Port can pick up Carr for nothing in the PSD. They aren't going to let Krakouer go for a 3rd round pick and the weagles will more than likely offer something for him too. He's contracted so Port have control.

DockerNJL, about 3/4 of our list is out of contract at the end of next year, including players like Peake, Foster, O'Brien, Gilmore and Campbell. I don't think we're going to struggle to find 3 to get rid of.
\

Lovett will be delisted by Essendon if they are unable to organise a trade for him. It was on The Sunday Footy Show a few weeks a go. They'll do the same thing that they did with Johnson and Bradley last year a demand too much. I think they are after a first-second rounder. Would love to have him at the club. Possibly PSD 3rd pick?

There is a possibility that thompsom from port will end up at the bombers so why not a three way deal involving J.Carr and mayby our 3rd or 4th rounder that could see lovett end up with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back