List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Hell no to Smillie. His combine is going to show he's slow and less agile as s**t. Put even more weight on him to make him an afl body he's going to be slower then an anchor.

He doesn't play with any speed or burst. We already have jai Culley and Greg Clark and brander
Well we will know where he sits before the draft, so if hes not so good them we can skip him. Culley is no lock to be in our team going forward, hes shown very little as a midfielder so far so I wouldnt use that as a reason not to take another big bodied mid

I would prefer an outside mid though

May as well put a Norf jersey on Smillie now, 0% chance he gets past them unless they split. We definitely need a McKercher type for outside polish. Would be an interesting discussion for a trade centred around McKercher for pick 3 so they can get Smillie and Trainor. Although Colby’s foot stress fracture not even half way into his first season is very concerning.
Outside polish! We have Chesser....

After a pre-season injury sidelined him for the first couple of months of the 2024 season, Sid Draper finally made his much awaited return over the weekend in a trial match for the SA Under-18 team against a combined Swans and Giants Academy squad. Drapers minutes were significantly limited here, playing only parts of the first two quarters, but he showed enough to get draft watchers excited for what he might produce when the Champs kick off in a couple of weeks.

Hell no to Smillie. His combine is going to show he's slow and less agile as s**t. Put even more weight on him to make him an afl body he's going to be slower then an anchor.

He doesn't play with any speed or burst. We already have jai Culley and Greg Clark and brander
He'll certainly be quicker than Cripps (3.23) over 20m and Bont with 3.20. He's a beast with burst and will be a star in the Tom Green/Cripps mould....would love him at WC

Other people get personal
Nothing done!!! Banned for having an opinion shared by others
What the friar
If it offends, don't let it stress you to the point you get angry. I almost feel sorry for you.
I allow other people to have their opinion ie bash sheed etc
Freedom of speech etc. Ffs it is a forum lol
You advocate for freedom of speech but are getting annoyed when people use freedom of speech to call you w***er. The irony.

What the friar
If it offends, don't let it stress you to the point you get angry. I almost feel sorry for you.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion but when you post it ad nauseum in multiple threads it becomes spam and is against forum rules. You’d probably be banned by mods on other boards by now but ours are chill

Last edited:
MSD....there's a really good inside mid playing for Subi, perfect age for us, good height. Clark I think his name is. We could bring him in and play him on the wing for a couple of games.
Did laugh when he was initially named on the wing for the WAFL team…

Anyone watching WA 18s vs WA 21s?

Allan, Walley, Kelly and Champion good in the 1st.

Commentator is very easily impressed, calling uncontested chest marks "brilliant marks" 3 times already haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd personally take a punt that Ruscoe gets overlooked in the msd and take him with one of our pics in the rookie draft. He's too good to not be an afl player but 3rd tall back/fwd isn't a pic we need atm

Oscar smart for mine is a player we could really utilise going forward

What the friar
It’s not anger I just don’t rate tosspot keyboard warriors ignorantly and relentlessly disparaging one of our kids ad nauseam on unrelated threads especially when they’ve had as significant of an injury as Campbell has which cost him the first 18 months of his career. He still gives 100% every week in a sacrificial, low possession role that contributes to the team. Your merciless posting about Campbell is utterly disgraceful and you should be embarrassed to call yourself a West Coast Eagles supporter.

Really hope he’s coming. He’d be a great long term replacement for Gov once he finishes up.

This reminds me a lot of Tanner Bruhn.

I went and double checked, it was reported around April of his second year that GWS had an extension on the table for him.

If this continues on, and he hasn’t signed in the next month or so, and there’s no report around parties coming closer together, it means he’s coming home.

You advocate for freedom of speech but are getting annoyed when people use freedom of speech to call you

Nothing wrong with having an opinion but when you post it ad nauseum in multiple threads it becomes spam and is against forum rules. You’d probably be banned by mods on other boards by now but ours are chill
MSD....there's a really good inside mid playing for Subi, perfect age for us, good height. Clark I think his name is. We could bring him in and play him on the wing for a couple of games.

It’s not anger I just don’t rate tosspot keyboard warriors ignorantly and relentlessly disparaging one of our kids ad nauseam on unrelated threads especially when they’ve had as significant of an injury as Campbell has which cost him the first 18 months of his career. He still gives 100% every week in a sacrificial, low possession role that contributes to the team. Your merciless posting about Campbell is utterly disgraceful and you should be embarrassed to call yourself a West Coast Eagles supporter.
And all the posters who berate sheed mercilessly. No one gives them shit
2018 anyone bueller bueller
Been a member for 30 years fw. Bleed blue n yellow
Have said happy to be proved wrong about him. Won't mention him name!!
He has shown diddly apart from running ability and appreciate his start to afl, but I can't figure out a bloke getting 8 effectivel possies a game still gets picked and others come in do the same and .......
So stfu

And all the posters who berate sheed mercilessly. No one gives them s**t
2018 anyone bueller bueller
Been a member for 30 years fw. Bleed blue n yellow
Have said happy to be proved wrong about him. Won't mention him name!!
He has shown diddly apart from running ability and appreciate his start to afl, but I can't figure out a bloke getting 8 effectivel possies a game still gets picked and others come in do the same and .......
So stfu
Because we don't go on and on about it, all day every day, and 99% of all our posts aren't about one player

Last edited by a moderator:
Back