List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Getting Chad Warner, if that’s part of the deal, would cost us our 2025 first, so that’s one less to consider in terms of rotation. If you’re only talking Corey and Sheldrick, we’ll then you use the 2025 first to get Curtin or another position of need. There’s definitely ways to make it work.
I was counting trading our 2025 1st for Warner, Warner would be the 5th after Ginbey Hewett Reid and our 2024 1st. Then we would have guys like Hall, Co Warner, maybe Sheldrick, etc who cant get games or are stuck as perma subs.
Would prefer we chase someone like Curtin for sure

So will the crows accept pick 18 for Curtin at end of year or what??

They didn’t last year, so they probably won’t this year.

Is anyone else felling like me, and looking at Reid and how good he is and wanting to hit the draft even harder knowing premierships are on their way if we only but put a bit of support around him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100% we should be doing everything possible to build up a young list with Reid leading it. What I am worried about is the time we have knowing Tasmania is around the corner draft circa 2027.

Clarke? has a big job ahead of him and really need to start getting the kids not with just the draft but trade too with smart deals, Busslinger, Sheldrick .etc

And while we can considering we would have the most in cap (assuming 6 mil over four years?) make it painful for the other clubs.

2024 List cuts:
Gaff - Retire
Cripps - Retire
Jones - Delist
H.Edwards - Delist
L.Edwards - Delist
Trew - Delist

2025 List cuts:
Sheed - Retire
Darling - Retire
McGovern - Retire
Hunt - Retire
Jamieson - Delist

Possible retirements of:
Yeo
Kelly

The worst performer of:
Baker & Dewar

And the worst performer of:
Barnett, J.Williams & Livingstone

Honestly wouldn't be surprised for Rotham to play adequately for the remainder of 2024 and then get cut seemingly from nowhere.

We've got options each year to turn some spots over. Hopefully with Reidsanity taking over the league, we can attract high end FA's like McCluggage or JUH to come get a premiership.

Why Cripps?

Still bobs up with a goal or two, still applies pressure, professional and sets standards. No one is taking his spot yet and probably should be offered an extension.
Cripps is massive in regards to defensive pressure in the forward line, until that starts to drop away he stays imo

His stats may not pop off the page, but Langford was one of the Academy's best in this game. He competed well in the air and his possessions were assertive and damaging. He had one quarter in the middle in the third and his physicality played a key role in helping his team gain ascendancy in that period.

Cripps is contracted next year and is still playing decent anyway so suggesting him to retire this year is stupid.
Cripps is massive in regards to defensive pressure in the forward line, until that starts to drop away he stays imo
I'm not saying I think he should.
I'm saying I think he could.

Crippa has been selfless his whole career and I can just see him bowing out gracefully.

Don't forget that he's 32 at the end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying I think he should.
I'm saying I think he could.

Crippa has been selfless his whole career and I can just see him bowing out gracefully.

Don't forget that he's 32 at the end of this year.
I mean it's selfless if he's keeping a young player out of the team, which at the moment he isn't, at least not one that deserves to be there more than him.
While he's still contributing I don't see why he would or should retire.

2024 List cuts:
Gaff - Retire
Cripps - Retire
Jones - Delist
H.Edwards - Delist
L.Edwards - Delist
Trew - Delist

2025 List cuts:
Sheed - Retire
Darling - Retire
McGovern - Retire
Hunt - Retire
Jamieson - Delist
Why would Hunt retire at the end of next year? not like we have wingers to replace him, and he will only be 30 next year

2024 List cuts:
Gaff - Retire
Cripps - Retire
Jones - Delist
H.Edwards - Delist
L.Edwards - Delist
Trew - Delist

2025 List cuts:
Sheed - Retire
Darling - Retire
McGovern - Retire
Hunt - Retire
Jamieson - Delist

Possible retirements of:
Yeo
Kelly

The worst performer of:
Baker & Dewar

And the worst performer of:
Barnett, J.Williams & Livingstone

Honestly wouldn't be surprised for Rotham to play adequately for the remainder of 2024 and then get cut seemingly from nowhere.

We've got options each year to turn some spots over. Hopefully with Reidsanity taking over the league, we can attract high end FA's like McCluggage or JUH to come get a premiership.
Big no on Cripps retiring already. Crazy not to have Witherden in that list somewhere too. On his farewell tour

Livingstone isnt taking a spot on our list as a Cat B rookie so may get a extra year or two.

Given we have lost our 3rd rounder this year also id be inclined to only pick up 4 players in the next draft. Feel like 5 will be 1 too many as we still gotta blood a few like Johnston and co. Id cut deep into the rookie list this year. Im thinking as of right now

Main list - H.Edwards, Gaff, L.Edwards (re rookie), Jones
Rookie - Baker, Trew, Culley

One aspect I think people are ignoring is i 100% expect myself that with any AFL reserves compeition we will end up with a bulked out rookie list. I expect rookie lists to double in size in order for teams to be able to fufil a reserves team situation

I think come 2025-2026 it will be a case of moving Barnett, J.Williams, Bazzo to the rookie list to take up the 8 spots

Sid draiper is the young mid we should be chasing in the draft . Offers something different to what we have already . Quick , agile smaller tackling mid with a polished kick and big tank .

100%. Id take him at pick 1 if we ended up with pick 1. He is the style of footballer we are desperately missing along with the fact I kind of expect him to be the best player in the draft still myself.

Also why on earth would the Crom be offloading D.Curtin? They gave up their F2 for a 3 pick upgrade in order to select him just 5 months ago.

He will be very important in determining whether Adelaide will need to bottom out entirely.

It would be like West Coast trading A.Reid, except that Adelaide paid a much higher price for D.Curtin.

Why? To get the draft capital to land a better player who will impact immediately.

Would you trade A Reid plus our 1st for a Warner or Taylor?

I personally have 0 interest in winning the spoon this season based on the look of the top 10 of this draft. I think its very even and without the generational difference pick 1 vs pick 2 was last year.

When I look at that top 6 im splitting hairs. Even when you go past that and if we ended up after that ive got a ton of interest in Mrazz as a tall defender prospect.

Why? To get the draft capital to land a better player who will impact immediately.

Would you trade A Reid plus our 1st for a Warner or Taylor?
Also might be smart to work a deal to get Draper + Welsh after as your f/s player.

If Curtin wants to go and Adelaide feel they can get Draper with whatever our pick is, i think they could be just like "well we tried" and move on also

100%. Id take him at pick 1 if we ended up with pick 1. He is the style of footballer we are desperately missing along with the fact I kind of expect him to be the best player in the draft still myself.
We're not getting pick 1 anymore. Keeping a lid on things, I'm assuming we probably finish around 12-15.

They didn’t last year, so they probably won’t this year.

Is anyone else felling like me, and looking at Reid and how good he is and wanting to hit the draft even harder knowing premierships are on their way if we only but put a bit of support around him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nope. It’s more of a which free agents and ready made young players we can get. I’m more interested in accelerating then decelerating by drafting only

Chad Warner is a guy I want and very badly

I personally have 0 interest in winning the spoon this season based on the look of the top 10 of this draft. I think its very even and without the generational difference pick 1 vs pick 2 was last year.

When I look at that top 6 im splitting hairs. Even when you go past that and if we ended up after that ive got a ton of interest in Mrazz as a tall defender prospect.

I know it is still somewhat early season (and we are all scarred from the past few seasons) but the spoon looks very very unlikely.

We have just got through one of the tougher parts of our fixture and are on 2 wins. Bottom will be on 0 wins (and 0 points unless it is a draw) after today. Plus about 20%.

And good riddance. As much as Harley is worth ‘winning’ multiple spoons for - it still sucks being that bad (and TBH unwatchable, which thankfully is not an accusation levelled at us in 2024).

Take a pick in the 3-8 range (likely earlier parts of the range but let’s see), and maybe dangle our F1st (or 2026 1st if that becomes allowed) again to try to bring the rebuild further forward

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back