Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Makes sense, the media use the term to invoke fear given it means fu** all if you have it under control.

Not really safe to assume it's going be under control in future just because it was under control in the past; see below
998e81787b.png

So what do we do with the SA and WA clubs given their politicians are playing hard ball ?

Sounds like they'll be forced to remain in VIC (or NSW / QLD) and play all games along the east coast.

So what do we do with the SA and WA clubs given their politicians are playing hard ball ?

all four clubs take 2 weeks each in Qld and NSW and play those teams. could spend another 2-3 weeks playing among themselves if needed

It would be a challenge, but after that all 8 clubs would only need to visit Victoria (and have victorian teams visit) for the remainder of the 'season'

Its not like theyd need to 'suffer' several weeks in a row in cold soulless Victoria. Family would relish visits to sydney and qld

Not really safe to assume it's going be under control in future just because it was under control in the past; see below
998e81787b.png

Sounds like they'll be forced to remain in VIC (or NSW / QLD) and play all games along the east coast.

Its worth keeping in mind, but the levels of international denial and blame shifting would ber maginitudes worse than today in post war europe etc
Noted those peaks are in the northern hemisphere winter

So if this 2nd wave is as bad as the first wave then it gives me even more confidence that we open up the country. The first wave was pathetically over dramatised, further to that, the predictions of “best case” scenarios were also embarrassingly off the mark, from some of the nuffy experts here on this forum to highly qualified infectious disease leaders.

Everyone should just shut their gobs and take a seat, my 2 year old nephew throws darts better than the predictions made by ALL.

IF it is only that bad.

if we lose control of it the wave could get a lot bigger.

Also if you think this is all being over dramatized I suggest you look at the US, Italy or UK. The only reason that wasn't us is BECAUSE of how we reacted.

998e81787b.png

Never said the second wave would be safe but the term is used in the media to suggest that "a wave" is something to fear. I would be amazed if our numbers were less in the middle of winter with more things open, it makes no sense why they would be but as long as we can keep it under control there shouldn't be a sense of fear. Vigilant for sure, keep washing hands and where possible social distance but we shouldn't be living in fear awaiting what might come.

From what I have read on the Spanish flu most people attribute the horrific second wave due to returning international troops. We won't be opening our international borders anytime soon so that should work in our favour in keeping our second wave under control.

Basically my point was a second wave will almost certainly come, I don't think we can stop that however that in itself is nothing to fear.

Vigilant for sure, keep washing hands and where possible social distance but we shouldn't be living in fear awaiting what might come.

I agree here; so long as people don't just assume any second wave will be a non-event because the first wasn't. If people are sensible about who they see and what they do, then things should be OK. If they bury their heads in the sand and assume it'll be OK without taking any form of personal responsibility then we'll end up back in this semi-lockdown state.

IF it is only that bad.

if we lose control of it the wave could get a lot bigger.

Also if you think this is all being over dramatized I suggest you look at the US, Italy or UK. The only reason that wasn't us is BECAUSE of how we reacted.
This has been demonstrated to Pinocchio multiple times and all to no avail. Best just to let him run his course and take his comments as a source of entertainment. In Gyms we trust.

I agree here; so long as people don't just assume any second wave will be a non-event because the first wasn't. If people are sensible about who they see and what they do, then things should be OK. If they bury their heads in the sand and assume it'll be OK without taking any form of personal responsibility then we'll end up back in this semi-lockdown state.
No we won't. Government is not going to ease restrictions and then take it away, that is just ****ing with people's lives, we had an outbreak with the meat joint and we still eased restrictions, it's over dude, get out there and resume life because everyone else is starting too.
This has been demonstrated to Pinocchio multiple times and all to no avail. Best just to let him run his course and take his comments as a source of entertainment. In Gyms we trust.
What the **** is your problem, so the guy is looking out for his business and is putting himself first and doesn't tow the party line, either do i for that matter, do you have an issue with that. The entertainment around here is the fact that he has head****ed you and it is a delight to read.

Get ready for massive tax increase and funding cuts to pay for all this. I doubt ordinary Australians will ever again have access to the high level and basically free health care we've had the last 50 years

I wonder in a couple of years when the granny of a member of lockdown crew gets sick and they go to hospital and cant be treated because it's funding has been slashed 95 % and the hospital is falling into ruin whether they will look back on corona virus and say "You know maybe we went a little overboard with the panic, it wasnt really that bad. Those graphs they used to show us were pretty rediculous now I think about it ... "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get ready for massive tax increase and funding cuts to pay for all this. I doubt ordinary Australians will ever again have access to the high level and basically free health care we've had the last 50 years

I wonder in a couple of years when the granny of a member of lockdown crew gets sick and they go to hospital and cant be treated because it's funding has been slashed 95 % and the hospital is falling into ruin whether they will look back on corona virus and say "You know maybe we went a little overboard with the panic, it wasnt really that bad. Those graphs they used to show us were pretty rediculous now I think about it ... "
No doubt some people will think that because they can't picture a US shit show in Australia. They will also think that if we did nothing that everything would have been ok instead of the economy falling into recession and more service businesses going broke with no job keeper.

Our countries debt levels per Capital are well under many other developed nations and they have functioning health care. We're a rich country, we will be fine and could even use this crisis as an opportunity to restructure the economy and start solving the climate crisis or exporting power.

How does starting a trade war with China help aussie farmers? It'll kill a lot of them.

You wanna help aussie farmers and businesses? don't attack China and let America do it.
Do your bit for Australia and Australian farmers boycott Chinese goods.
If you want to keep sucking up to the Chinese bully boys just keep buying Chinese goods.
All true Australians will do their bit. Lilly livered Australians won't

1. R. Giuliani, former mayor of New York, & an advisor to D. Trump, has criticised China, & said it..."sent over a million people around the world..."after 1.1.20, some of whom spread covid-19.

(Behind a paywall- can anyone open, & post here).

The South China Morning Post has said that the CCP knew there was a mysterious deadly pneumonia, that didn't respond to usual pneumonia treatments, spreading in Wuhan area well before 1.1.20 "over 400 cases from mid November to 31.12.19".

It is important to know the no. of Chinese citizens who travelled overseas from China; & visitors to China, who later returned to their home countries.
Some reports have said, however, most of the US covid-19 cases were introduced into the US from travellers from Europe, not China.

This New York Times article of 22.3 offers a good, brief covid-19 timeline.
It includes these points:-

. 31.12. The CCP alerted the world for the first time about the strange, lethal disease.
"The disease is preventable & controllable, the Chinese govt. said".

. "About 7m left (Wuhan?- my word) in January before (24.1- my words) travel was restricted".

. "By the time Chinese officials acknowledged the the risk of human-to-human transmission on 21.1, local outbreaks were already seeded in Beijing,Shanghai, & other major cities".

."As the outbreak moved across China in early January, international travel continued as thousands of people flowed out of Wuhan to cities around the world".

. By 31.1 "Outbreaks were already growing in over 30 cities across 26 countries, most seeded by travellers from Wuhan".

2. The CCP is directly threatening Australia with trade restrictions, &/or consumer boycotts of Australian beef, wine etc. A CCP official has insulted Australia, calling Australia "gum" on the bottom of China's shoe.
China has, undeniably, been stealing western countries intellectual property for many years/launching cyber attacks, & has been creating spy networks in many countries.

The Director of ASIO, M. Burgess in Feb.2020, has said that Australia is experiencing an unprecedented level of foreign espionage inside Australia- broadly accepted as an indirect reference to the CCP.

This is the reality of the CCP, which is becoming more apparent & threatening to democratic countries around the world. It is inevitable that many or most countries will want to become less dependant on Chinese imports; & will reduce the amount of investment in China- & will want to invest more in other countries for manufactured goods etc.

3. EDIT:
Daily Mail 10.5

The German Intelligence Agency, BND, has stated that the Xi/CCP secretly asked WHO to delay the public announcement that covid-19 was transmissible from human-to-human (The CCP & WHO did not announce this h-h transmission until c.20.1- even though WHO was provided with h-to-h evidence from Taiwan in late December it was).
Der Spiegel also says the BND has evidence that the CCP also asked WHO to publicly delay the announcement that covid-19 was a pandemic (It waited to 11.3 to announce this- despite there being very infectious & deadly outbreaks in China, Italy, Spain etc. before 11.3)

The WHO has denied these allegations.

Last edited:
Lol.

The percentage of Australian international trade that goes to China verse the amount of Chinas international trade that goes to Australia is ridiculous. And despite what people seem to think, we do not have ready alternative markets for our products, and China does.

China could literally bring Australia to its knees economically in about a month. The idea we are starting a trade war with them is laughable.

The very fact China is run by the CCP makes it worse. The sorts of things other countries might posture about, China will do.

What do you suggest we do, if we stop buying Chinese goods, and they go, OK, we will source our raw materials elsewhere (if you think Brazil or Africa is taking part in a global campaign against China, your delusional). Our economy is down the toilet, long term. And dont say, we will sell somewhere else, nobody is buying the quantities China is, we cannot replace them as a market. They can replace us easily.

So we just bend over at every opportunity and cow tow down so we don't lose their trade?
We may as well be absorbed into China.

We were warned about this decades ago by Pauline Hanson and everyone shouted her down.

So we just bend over at every opportunity and cow tow down so we don't lose their trade?
We may as well be absorbed into China.

We were warned about this decades ago by Pauline Hanson and everyone shouted her down.

That's not the point - the point is that a boycott achieves very little in impacting China but has a severe impact on Australian livelihoods. Trade wars aren't helpful unless the Australian economy is prepared for it - if China doesn't want to buy our beef, who can our beef farmers sell it to?

Bluster achieves nothing (ask Trump), we rightfully should look to disengage and shift our sights elsewhere (and this will be a long term thing) but in the meantime the reality is China = $$$.

998e81787b.png

There's a bit of history in that, lots of guys coming home from a central point for some reason in 1918, spreading out into the whole nation.

No we won't. Government is not going to ease restrictions and then take it away, that is just ******* with people's lives, we had an outbreak with the meat joint and we still eased restrictions, it's over dude, get out there and resume life because everyone else is starting too.

What the fu** is your problem, so the guy is looking out for his business and is putting himself first and doesn't tow the party line, either do i for that matter, do you have an issue with that. The entertainment around here is the fact that he has headfu**ed you and it is a delight to read.

Totally bizarre this guy, got him by the curlies.

1. R. Giuliani, former mayor of New York, & an advisor to D. Trump, has criticised China, & said it..."sent over a million people around the world..."after 1.1.20, some of whom spread covid-19.

(Behind a paywall- can anyone open, & post here).

The South China Morning Post has said that the CCP knew there was a mysterious deadly pneumonia, that didn't respond to usual pneumonia treatments, spreading in Wuhan area well before 1.1.20 "over 400 cases from mid November to 31.12.19".

It is important to know the no. of Chinese citizens who travelled overseas from China; & visitors to China, who later returned to their home countries.
Some reports have said, however, most of the US covid-19 cases were introduced into the US from travellers from Europe, not China.

This New York Times article of 22.3 offers a good, brief covid-19 timeline.
It includes these points:-

. 31.12. The CCP alerted the world for the first time about the strange, lethal disease.
"The disease is preventable & controllable, the Chinese govt. said".

. "About 7m left (Wuhan?- my word)) in January before (international- my word) travel was restricted".

. "By the time Chinese officials acknowledged the the risk of human-to-human transmission on 21.1, local outbreaks were already seeded in Beijing,Shanghai, & other major cities".

."As the outbreak moved across China in early January, international travel continued as thousands of people flowed out of Wuhan to cities around the world".

. By 31.1 "Outbreaks were already growing in over 30 cities across 26 countries, most seeded by travellers from Wuhan".

2. The CCP is indirectly threatening Australia with trade restrictions, &/or consumer boycotts of Australian beef, wine etc. A CCP official has insulted Australia, calling Australia "gum" on the bottom of China's shoe.
China has, undeniably, been stealing western countries intellectual property for many years/launching cyber attacks, & has been creating spy networks in many countries.

The Director of ASIO, M. Burgess in Feb.2020, has said that Australia is experiencing an unprecedented level of foreign espionage inside Australia- broadly accepted as an indirect reference to the CCP.

This is the reality of the CCP, which is becoming more apparent & threatening to democratic countries around the world. It is inevitable that many or most countries will want to become less dependant on Chinese imports; & will reduce the amount of investment in China- & will want to invest more in other countries for manufactured goods etc.

3. EDIT:
Daily Mail 10.5

The German Intelligence Agency, BND, has stated that the Xi/CCP secretly asked WHO to delay the public announcement that covid-19 was transmissible from human-to-human (The CCP & WHO did not announce this h-h transmission until c.20.1- even though WHO was provided with evidence from Taiwan in late December it was).
Der Spiegel also says the BND has evidence that the CCP also asked WHO to publicly delay the covid-19 was a pandemic announcement (It waited to 11.3 to announce this- despite there being very infectious & deadly outbreaks in China, Italy, Spain etc. before 11.3)

The WHO has denied these allegations.

I love all of the US criticism of China. If the virus had of started in the US, they would have had zero chance of containing it and it would have spread around the world quicker. They had plenty of time to limit the damage and did nothing to stop it till it was killing thousands so why would they do anything why it was still a new issue and unknown?

The last GFC was caused by the US and felt around the world. Was everybody calling for boycotting the US afterwards and their administration covering it up?

No we won't. Government is not going to ease restrictions and then take it away, that is just ******* with people's lives, we had an outbreak with the meat joint and we still eased restrictions, it's over dude, get out there and resume life because everyone else is starting too.

This isn't at all accurate, if we started to see a drastic ramp in numbers because people are stupid then it's almost certain we'd see rapid and severe lockdowns. They're moving ahead with easing lockdowns because there's no longer widespread public support for it, there's sufficient resources to deal with the current numbers, and likely they believe they're fairly on top of contact tracing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back