Remove this Banner Ad

mark_johnson#1

All Australian
Oct 4, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Is courtney johns going to be a 10 year CHF for us or is he all talk>?>
if we can get a DOMINATING chf then i think we are in for a big year its all we need...and a bit of pace in the middle

Ease up guys. Ease up. Let's remember that he's not the one doing the talking or generating the hype. He's got as much chance as anyone of succeeding given all the right breaks. If you expect a 19 yr old to come out & dominate at CHF (if indeed that's were the coaching staff eventually want to play him) then I suggest you pull yourselves together & not to death.
Yes, there's a lot of talk about the kid but none of it is his doing. Tis the media making mileage out of the "he'll never play footy again...." story. Don't forget that one James Hird was never going play footy either because of bad feet or some such.
Johns plays for Essendon so as Bomber fans how about we give him a chance like all footballers need. Support him (& the entire squad for that matter). Hope he succeeds instead of failing because if he gets the breaks you will not be disappointed.

G'day everyone long time reader, first time poster!

I spoke to Kevin Sheedy a while back and he confirmed that he thought Johns will be a great player provided he can remain injury free. However anyone has the potential to be a great player and while he has shown some promise from his limited oppurtunities I think only the test of time will ever tell us if he can fulfill the heavy expectations already placed on him. Go bombers!

Court played very little time in the VFL last year. The time he did spend there, he did well... and in a couple games he managed to cut the *VFL* competition up.

This is AFL footy though. This IS the real deal.

Courtney will, most likely, need a full season under him before we can start guaging his potential... just like EVERY other first time player.

The amount of CRAP about how Court is gonna play in FF and Lloyd at CHF.... by what? Rd 3?..... Get real.

Originally posted by bomber_gurl
I spoke to Kevin Sheedy a while back and he confirmed that he thought Johns will be a great player provided he can remain injury free.

I believe you, as a friend of mine (a junior coach) also had the chance to have a long chat with Sheeds, and he said exactly the same thing - Johns could be the next big thing IF he remains injury free.

Essendon have taken a big gamble on him - remember that EVERY other club was after him at some point but lost interest when he screwed his hip up.

I personally can't wait to see him in action in the big league. I don't often (ever) buy into hype about a player, but this guy is different. According to Sheeds (according to my friend), he could be the next big tough key-position foprward player If he lives up to the hype, then our forward line is going to be very hard to stop.

*i apologise in advance for any typoes/spelling errors as I'm pretty blind drunk as I'm writing this...! Damn and it's only Tuesday night...)

And leave bloody Lloyd at FF. He belongs there. He's ****ing hopeless anywhere else imo. Give him somew space and let him lead - that is his big strength - why screw with it by moving him up the field? It's ridiculous. Johns could well fill that big tough CHF gap we've had for quite a while......not to mention the fact that Hird could play in the centre without having such a sh|t effect on our HF line.

*crossing my fingers that Johns lives up to the hype*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back