News Craig Stewart slams former club Collingwood over ‘lack of respect’ for son James Stewart

Remove this Banner Ad

Tyson, and indeed Adams, were 'just another midfielder'. Boyd hasnt impressed me, either at GWS or at the Dogs - I think McCarthy will be better, and IMO Jezza is the only current player not named Ablett who might end up as one of the greats.

Im glad to see Miles do well - we left him in the seconds, and good luck to him at Richmond. Same with Whiley at Carlton. Im a little dirtier over Bruce, but - again - good luck to him.

Im still confused why other teams havent shoved cash towards our players to force us to match and make us lose others.

Tyson and Adams are more then your Average Mids. There not Elite but still quite good Mids

Unfair comparison. One of them is playing a power forward role against power defenders, a role where you don't expect many stats. One is playing as a high half forward - a position usually played by a high possession getter.
In terms of my claims of low intensity - 0.5 tackles a game for someone who is playing as close to the midfield as Stewart is is very worrying.

Due to the Collingwood connection, I hope Stewart becomes the gun that you think he will. Whilst he is a great size, has nice skills and moves beautifully, I'm struggling to see a big future. I haven't seen him demonstrate genuine KPP attributes. I see him as having little aerial threat or more importantly - competitiveness and I don't see him having a future in his current role, as you'd be better off playing a depth midfielder or a flashy dasher in that role.

This year when used he has hit the aerial contests as hard as there other 2 and has actually taken some solid grabs.

How is he going at the Pies ? Id be expecting hard running, tackles well, ****s up occasionally.
I think most Pies fans are happy with Adams as our long term Luke Ball replacement. He is super tough but his kicking leaves a bit to be desired, but improving

It seems you guys are happy with Shaw.

That is a win/win trade if ever I saw it.

Nahh. We extended his contract after knee injuries. He'll be loyal.

If he's not best 22 I can see his loyalty changing. Cameron, Stewart and McCarthy look like working up forward and I can't really see him down back with Davis and Patfull, plus Corr, Mohr and Marchbank.

If he's not best 22 I can see his loyalty changing. Cameron, Stewart and McCarthy look like working up forward and I can't really see him down back with Davis and Patfull, plus Corr, Mohr and Marchbank.

He beats Mohr out, and Marchbank has to earn his spot (and probably spend a year or two building muscle).

He beats Mohr out, and Marchbank has to earn his spot (and probably spend a year or two building muscle).

So does Patton as a CHB.

I think most Pies fans are happy with Adams as our long term Luke Ball replacement. He is super tough but his kicking leaves a bit to be desired, but improving

Kudos to the Giants recruiters for good business all round when bringing in established talent.

Patful for a pick they didn't need, Shaw for surplus a surplus midfielder (win/win, as you said), Mumford was a gift and Griff was probably the most expensive acquisition.. but one that you could happily afford.

Far more impressed with the GWS build than the Suns

Sounds as if "Snaggles" really wanted his boy to play for the pies. If parents don't want their sons VCE's to be interrupted by drafting they could always hold them back a year at school??? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro ran with it too. My favourite bit is below:

Internally, not every senior Collingwood person reportedly agreed with the decisions to overlook Stewart and Kelly.

Shock, horror! Stop the presses! Drafting decision was not unanimously agreed upon by every single person at the club!
I want to know why ever senior Collingwood person was inside Caro at the time?????!!!!!
Does she rent herself out as longstay parking?

I want to know why ever senior Collingwood person was inside Caro at the time?????!!!!!
Does she rent herself out as longstay parking?
Yeah ... nah .. but I still wish we got him - and McCarthy. Caro can mind-* whoever she likes, but both players would nevertheless be pretty handy playing forward for us. GWS have been astute with their selections. Who is their recruiting manager? .... Or should I read the thread first and ask questions later? o_O:rolleyes:

Yeah ... nah .. but I still wish we got him - and McCarthy. Caro can mind-**** whoever she likes, but both players would nevertheless be pretty handy playing forward for us. GWS have been astute with their selections. Who is their recruiting manager? .... Or should I read the thread first and ask questions later? o_O:rolleyes:

Recruiting manager at the time was Stephen Silvagni, who is now at Carlton.

Our Melbourne-based scout is a certain Phil Scully, who has been doing a kick-ass job (is more value than his skinny and heavily overpaid son).

Recruiting manager at the time was Stephen Silvagni, who is now at Carlton.

Our Melbourne-based scout is a certain Phil Scully, who has been doing a kick-ass job (is more value than his skinny and heavily overpaid son).
Maybe Toms pay should be included in the recruiting budget instead of the other way around :D

Luke Ball wasn't the best kick of the ball either. Had less penetration than a young bloke on prom night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back