Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First thread I've made here. I hope that's alright with everybody, if there's one already made you can close it.

I know there are separate boards for this type of discussion but I figured it would be a good idea to start our own cricket thread for the Port/SA based segment of the community where we can follow the matches/news whether it be Aussies, Redbacks or just general cricket talk without using the social thread on the main Port board.

Cricket seasons almost over but I'm looking forward to discussing the final test, Redbacks pursuit of a long overdue Shield win & will still be following the T20 World Cup when it starts.

Shane Watson must have been to Alberton Oval. He seems to have found one of Choco's gold passes.
I'm usually anti-Watson but on this occasion given his form last time at Cape Town & on a flat track where he's likely to bowl better than Siddle, I don't mind him being selected as long as he can bowl his share of overs & contribute with the bat.

Changes had to be made to bring in an extra bowler & Watto can get a bit of reverse swing working his way. I would prefer Faulkner as our all rounder if he wasn't injured though.

Didn't watch the match but it was funny to see the Poms lose to West Indies last night in the ODI, they're in free fall since we belted them.

I'm usually anti-Watson but on this occasion given his form last time at Cape Town & on a flat track where he's likely to bowl better than Siddle, I don't mind him being selected as long as he can bowl his share of overs & contribute with the bat.

Changes had to be made to bring in an extra bowler & Watto can get a bit of reverse swing working his way. I would prefer Faulkner as our all rounder if he wasn't injured though.

Didn't watch the match but it was funny to see the Poms lose to West Indies last night in the ODI, they're in free fall since we belted them.
With you. Faulkner is the future.

Seriously. Is it so hard for Dharmaseena to watch the bowler's front foot? Philanderer has bowled 5 no-balls that I've seen and none have been called. He's a glorified flippin' coat-hanger.

(crickets)

Reminds me of some of the threads I started on TPFP.
Give it time & hopefully more people will come soon, a lot of the regular cricket posters from TPFP haven't arrived yet.

Was thinking of putting it on the main Port board for that reason but was told it'd be better here lol, it's getting the views so people are checking in to see what's going on.

I'm starting to think winning the toss -and batting- is too big an advantage inTest cricket,although Im not complaining in this instance.

I really hope our middle-order performs in this match.

A series win - or honorable draw - away in Sth Africa, could do great things for this developing Aussie side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super ton from Warner. Virtually run-a-ball, on the first day of a test on foreign soil after making nflammatory comments about the opposition. He might be a couple of balls short of an over but he has talent.

I wonder if A B put his gloves together in recognition of Warners knock?

Michael Holding was a very impressive cricketer and he sure doesn't try to hide that fact.

If Clarkey gets through this Morkel spell and scores a ton it will be one of the best innings in his career. He is tough.

Just came here planning to say pretty much exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back