Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to have McCullum out for 44 bowled by Faulkner, probably won't get that much now with Taylor missing as well but our attack was looking a little pop gun with this wicket not offering all that much for our strike bowlers.

Is Starc any chance of returning for the T20 World Cup? We're a completely different side with him leading the attack.
The key now is getting Guptill out fairly soon. He made 237 not out during the World Cup, so he's ultra dangerous when he's on. And don't underestimate Williamson.

I read yesterday that Starc apparently ruled himself out of the T20 World Cup, which is a shame because we've really missed his ability to bowl yorkers at the end of the innings.

Edit: forget what I said about Williamson :)

Guptill on 87 no only 23 overs into the match. Any other batsmen would be looking at bettering his highest score in ODI's but Guptill still has 151 to go to do that.
South Aust have Joe Burns out but QLD are 1/97 at lunch. Good thing the game didn't start two days ago or there may not have been enough play for a result.

Great call by Smith to bowl first & ever better selection to leave out Khawaja.

Warner needs to be a little more like Watto in regards to reviews, looked high and it was going over.

This is going to be a belting.

Edit: Holy s**t 5-40 we're about to get ducked /kiwi accent.

Last edited:

Great call by Smith to bowl first & ever better selection to leave out Khawaja.

Warner needs to be a little more like Watto in regards to reviews, looked high and it was going over.

This is going to be a belting.

Edit: Holy s**t 5-40 we're about to get ducked /kiwi accent.

Follow on and outright loss to Aussies?

Some of these guys have had it too easy on the flat Aussie pitches which covered their technique deficiencies.

Don't trust the Marsh bros especially Mitch as we're already playing too many all rounders.

Usman would be having a laugh watching this whilst I hope Rod is getting a please explain over the gold pass his lads have.

Australia's batting innings be like
ORETsvC.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eden Park is a small ground I think
Eden Park is tiny, although it was also the ground Australia were rolled for 151(I think) last time. I was more intending to say that I hoped the ground wasn't being blamed as that would be the ultimate in sour grapes.

Oh well - at least Australia created one record today: it's the FIRST TIME EVER that we've been bowled out in under 25 overs in a 50 over game. I've been saying all summer that playing on roads at home is not an ideal preparation for an away series, and unfortunately I reckon I've been proven right. The First Test is only 9 days away, and if Shaun Marsh plays ahead of Khawaja in that Test, I believe Rod Marsh should lose his job.

I really, really hope that this is a joke.
Not really, as our national teams in different sports are regular strugglers at said venue.

I do agree that playing on roads in Australia was poor preparation leading up to this tour, what were the bloody curators thinking?

One of the commentators on espncricinfo made a tongue-in-cheek observation nearly halfway through NZ's innings and suggested that they could declare as Australia had not scored 177(which was the score at that time) last time they played an ODI at Eden Park.

Ended up being prophetic.

Last edited:
So Cooper has already got out to the gentlest opening bowler in Australia. Hopes gets his wickets but he's a Doug Walters type, comes on when the batsman are looking for an escape from the real bowlers and feasts on the unwary. Although at the moment that describes most of the SA side.

Redbacks not doing greatly but not in a bottomless pit(yet). 2/86 with the ninja turtle on 41 and Head on 8. Cosgrove out for 33 and Cooper 0.
And no Ferguson. If these 2 don't put on 200, you'd think Queensland will have a substantial first innings lead.

Oh well - maybe Boof junior can repeat his double century from the game in Tassie......

92no at stumps ... 222 behind with 5 down

It seems fairly obvious that SA will need to declare behind the Bulls' total (assuming they don't get bowled out first), in order to set a 4th day chase. Now that first innings leads are irrelevant, I reckon we should try and get to around 380, and then try and chase around 330 on the final day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back