Crowd on Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

So I won't be able to buy a general admission and sit behind the cheer squad?

$25 for general admission, lol.
It seem only 1 block is being offered in general admission "online" atm behind the goals in the Southern Stand end. l think North cheer squad are in the Ponsford Stand but l'm not 100% sure......

It seem only 1 block is being offered in general admission "online" atm behind the goals in the Southern Stand end. l think North cheer squad are in the Ponsford Stand but l'm not 100% sure......
AFL Rd 5 - Collingwood v North Melbourne
Apr 19, 2014

Event: AFL Round 5
Teams: Collingwood v North Melbourne
Date: Saturday April 19, 2014
Start time: 1.40pm

Classification: B

Gate opening Public/AFL members: 11.30am
MCC members: 11.30am

Car park opening:Gate 3: 7.30am
Gate 5: 9.00am
Gate 6: 10.00am
Gate 7: 9.00am (pass holders only)

Expected attendance: 53,000

General admission seating (subject to change):

Ponsford Stand
Q32-Q36 (Rows AA-MM)

Olympic Stand
M54-M55 (Rows A-Z)
M56-M57
Q49-Q57

Great Southern Stand
M4-M6
Q1-Q15

Cheersquad allocation:Collingwood - Bay M32 (Rows A-T)
North Melbourne - Bay M3 (Rows A-T)

Tickets: On sale at Ticketek.

Prices:

C906218C7AB64C2A8CF33122A9A22B62.ashx

Im just gonna buy a GA ticket and sit in M4. Should be a north friendly area.

AFL Members for us. Hoping to see a few of the North brethren in the M18-19 area alongside us too.
Yep, but question for you Twinkletoes. Can you still just rock up and sit there these days? I've been full Afl member for years, but I haven't sat in Afl area for years as usually go with tiger clown mates when we play them.
Didn't got to pies game last year and can't remember where I sat for hawks game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got tickets in M56.

Yep, but question for you Twinkletoes. Can you still just rock up and sit there these days?

Yep, just wander in and sit (almost) anywhere, just like the old days. The one change is that you'll find the best areas often roped off for those who've reserved seats.

I called AFL Membership today to check if we had to fork out for the kids to get in and, surprise surprise, kids under 6 gain entry to the AFL Members' Reserve for free.

I hope we're all high fiving each other as we rattle on 8 straight in the final quarter to win by 10 goals........not that we'll know who each of us is at the time!

Yep, just wander in and sit (almost) anywhere, just like the old days. The one change is that you'll find the best areas often roped off for those who've reserved seats.

I called AFL Membership today to check if we had to fork out for the kids to get in and, surprise surprise, kids under 6 gain entry to the AFL Members' Reserve for free.

I hope we're all high fiving each other as we rattle on 8 straight in the final quarter to win by 10 goals........not that we'll know who each of us is at the time!

I might leave my family at that point and join yours. Could get ugly.

I think you'll find seats are a lot more limited than "(almost) anywhere". On the weekend I thought I would check on reserving a seat in the AFL Reserve, and I was surprised that the bottom three levels were sold out! I reserved seats in towards the front of Q19 = awesome view. From the Around the Grounds newsletter the following gives the walkup info for the AFL Reserve. Just scan your AFL membership card and go to those areas that are unreserved in the top deck. Your other option would be to scan into the AFL Members, via Gate 6, and then walk through (termed cross-over) into the general admission areas mentioned in a previous post. Go North!
[AFL MEMBERS]
ROUND 5 | MCG

COLLINGWOOD vs. NORTH MELBOURNE | Saturday, April 19 | MCG
Gate [6] open: 11.30am
Match commences: 1.40pm
MCG Reserve Seat Package: This is a Collingwood ‘Reserve Seat Package’ match
AFL Dining Room: The AFL Dining Room will be available to access as a cash bar as well as to purchase premium bar snacks.

This is classified as a B-match|Reserve on Demand match

>WALK-UP AVAILABILITY:The following areas are available for walk-up on the day;

Level Q | Bays 18 – 19 | Rows K - DD
Level Q | Bays 20-28 | Rows A-DD
Level Q | Bays 15-17 | Rows U-DD

[AFL] Members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate for entry into the walk-up areas.

I remember playing these guys in 2 home and away games in '95 where the aggregate attendance was about 145,000.

Make no mistakes, this a huge game & the army had a massive win last week and we are in the best form we've displayed in near on 15 years.

I would say 65,000 would be a par crowd given they get 45,000 to see the Gold Coast.

The only way to get GFF is to turn up in huge numbers to away games, something we struggle to do historically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you'll find seats are a lot more limited than "(almost) anywhere". On the weekend I thought I would check on reserving a seat in the AFL Reserve, and I was surprised that the bottom three levels were sold out! I reserved seats in towards the front of Q19 = awesome view. From the Around the Grounds newsletter the following gives the walkup info for the AFL Reserve. Just scan your AFL membership card and go to those areas that are unreserved in the top deck. Your other option would be to scan into the AFL Members, via Gate 6, and then walk through (termed cross-over) into the general admission areas mentioned in a previous post. Go North!
[AFL MEMBERS]
ROUND 5 | MCG

COLLINGWOOD vs. NORTH MELBOURNE | Saturday, April 19 | MCG
Gate [6] open: 11.30am
Match commences: 1.40pm
MCG Reserve Seat Package: This is a Collingwood ‘Reserve Seat Package’ match
AFL Dining Room: The AFL Dining Room will be available to access as a cash bar as well as to purchase premium bar snacks.

This is classified as a B-match|Reserve on Demand match

>WALK-UP AVAILABILITY:The following areas are available for walk-up on the day;

Level Q | Bays 18 – 19 | Rows K - DD
Level Q | Bays 20-28 | Rows A-DD
Level Q | Bays 15-17 | Rows U-DD

[AFL] Members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate for entry into the walk-up areas.

THAT is f***ing disgraceful!

Seriously considering ditching our 8 AFL Memberships (we've had since 1980) if this is how we're treated, already paying oodles of coin for tickets we may get to utilise once or twice each year and now they slap that on us? They can get stuffed.

A greedy fat cat turd of an organization is the AFL.

Crowds down? I wonder why you arseholes! :massmurdererface

Seriously considering ditching our 8 AFL Memberships (we've had since 1980) if this is how we're treated, already paying oodles of coin for tickets we may get to utilise once or twice each year and now they slap that on us? They can get stuffed.

Don't hold back TT. Tell us what you really think mate.

Of course crowds are going down, they are killing the goose. There are fewer and fewer games you can get into with just your membership and have a halfway decent seat. I've seen it with my Collingwood family - they have to pay booking fees for every game now. At least as AFL members the fee is low, but now the booking fees are higher. It's rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back