Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn get a dream run with replacement games compared to us. They can just walk up to the G for them. We have to scavenge for one of the 20 allocated seats v * at Marvel.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
our away games against * and Carlton should both be at the G.

in round 10 the G is free on the Sunday.

In round 19 there is only one MCG game that weekend.

We have the game against Melbourne as another replacement game.

this would leave rounds 8 or 23 as the other replacement against STK or Western respectively.

I am not sure why they don't do this TBH. It would create bigger attendance at the Carlton and Essendon games while giving them both another home game on the G.

North Benefit by being able to triple the amount of MCG games we get, while actually having a replacement game worth attending (the venue would make a difference).

Agree it's not a coincidence, but we make it very difficult as a club to argue unfair treatment when we're playing over a 3rd of our games interstate by choice...
Nah baloney.. we’re not the only ones to have home games elsewhere. It seems the AFL really don’t give two hoots about North and it’s supporters. Funny how GWS and GC play 2 home games in a row .

Nah baloney.. we’re not the only ones to have home games elsewhere. It seems the AFL really don’t give two hoots about North and it’s supporters. Funny how GWS and GC play 2 home games in a row .
Yes. That is exactly correct, the AFL do not give two hoots about North. What is complicated about understanding this? The comp actively tried to murder us, they give us typically the worst or bottom 4 fixture year in year out. The only thing that playing games elsewhere does is make it even easier for the AFL to give us worse home fixtures.

Question: do you guys think that based around the fact that we now have a verrrry young team, this year might actually be harder than last year in terms of the number of smashings?

A few suspensions like they did to Ziebell will fix Wardlaw's aggression.
I dunno. I think there’s are major differences in how George goes about it. For one, he never leaves the ground. On top of that, he always goes in low. He generally seems to hit with his frontal body, rather than his shoulder. He kinda “splatters” players out of his way. Early days, Ziebell was like a runaway, flying truck.

Question: do you guys think that based around the fact that we now have a verrrry young team, this year might actually be harder than last year in terms of the number of smashings?
No. We'll have a better team than last year in terms of quality and ball movement.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. That is exactly correct, the AFL do not give two hoots about North. What is complicated about understanding this? The comp actively tried to murder us, they give us typically the worst or bottom 4 fixture year in year out. The only thing that playing games elsewhere does is make it even easier for the AFL to give us worse home fixtures.
We have the easiest fixture of all other teams this year.

I literally have no idea what to expect tbh
There are a lot of new faces and it's the first time Xerri has been our no.1 ruck.

Less than 24 hours out....

.... nerves are setting in.

This has been a very very different pre-season, i have seen pre-seasons first hand since the Scotts era, this year was extreme. So many running PB's (this is not just a throw away term).

I can't wait to see what the team can produce this year, and this week is no different with the team selected, take Liam out and its probably the youngest we have fielded.

This feels like the first step back into the spotlight... we have done the hard yards... go get it lads!!

It's really hard to tell. The comp is closer than it seems. Tigers could've easily beaten a potential top 4 team in the Blues.
We could roll a top 6 side one week and then lose to Hawks/WCE for example given our age and inexperience.
I'm expecting a bit of fluctuation in performance as development is never linear. Generally we'll struggle against those mature and experienced top 8 sides but a lot of teams might be a bit thin in certain areas with depth and injuries etc so who knows.
I'm just excited to see Sheez/Wardlaw/Duursma/Colby get games and want us to chase as many wins as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back