Preview Crows AFL Fantasty/Super Coach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday Crows.

In terms of Martin's role, will he be playing that half forward role he was used as in your last practice game and with some of your recent injuries, will he get a decent crack through the midfield?

Ive been looking at some of his past scores and he has the capacity to score quite quickly if given the minutes and am thinking of starting him at D6 in SC. Seems to be a forgotten backline cheapie by the masses too.

Cheers and good luck for 2014.

Jenkins has potential, very agile for his size. Big ask for him to become number 1 fwd last year and his set shots weren't as good as prior which hurt him. Ruck work needs improvement though. Mckernan has looked improved this pre season. I mention him because he is clearly a better ruck but lesser fwd which is what's kept Jenkins ahead of him but right now it looks like it may not be so clear cut or at least have potential to cause more pressure.Don't touch in salary games, expect maybe 10ppg improvement at best

Crouch a great smokie. Very limited preseason, only playing 1 ressies trial due to Achilles problems. Dominated by reports. Don't select early for this reason but if he fits trading strategy would be good from rd 4 with our draw except our rd 8 bye. Don't hesitate in draft leagues if can get late due to injury
Thanks mate. I'm thinking that in Walker's absence, Jenkins will have a lot of opportunity to take over a key forward role. Obviously the threat of Pods & Lynch looms.

Also, what about Brodie Smith - Expectations? How has the pre-season form been? Will he be pushing into the midfield more this year?

Cheers in advance.

Thanks mate. I'm thinking that in Walker's absence, Jenkins will have a lot of opportunity to take over a key forward role. Obviously the threat of Pods & Lynch looms.

Also, what about Brodie Smith - Expectations? How has the pre-season form been? Will he be pushing into the midfield more this year?

Cheers in advance.
would have done but hendos injury means he will be needed to provide rebound from half back.

reading between the lines, prior to hendos injury he was likely to still play at half back and be part of a midfield rotation from there (sando said we would rotate a couple mids forward and one back). This will likely still happen but not sure it will be to the same degree. personally dont think he will lift his average enough to take the punt but may well do since laird/brown will continue to grow in lock down roles releasing him a bit more even if he is down back

Jenkins has potential, very agile for his size. Big ask for him to become number 1 fwd last year and his set shots weren't as good as prior which hurt him. Ruck work needs improvement though. Mckernan has looked improved this pre season. I mention him because he is clearly a better ruck but lesser fwd which is what's kept Jenkins ahead of him but right now it looks like it may not be so clear cut or at least have potential to cause more pressure.Don't touch in salary games, expect maybe 10ppg improvement at best

Crouch a great smokie. Very limited preseason, only playing 1 ressies trial due to Achilles problems. Dominated by reports. Don't select early for this reason but if he fits trading strategy would be good from rd 4 with our draw except our rd 8 bye. Don't hesitate in draft leagues if can get late due to injury

Gerard Healy has tipped Shaun Mckernan as his breakout player this year. I don;t know much about him but at $339K he could be a bargain if Gerard in on the money. His points per 100 minute in NAB cup is 130 which is impressive. I've seen a few posts suggesting he is a very good ruck but ground work needs improving. Anything else anyone can tell me to sway me one way or another would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Gerard Healy has tipped Shaun Mckernan as his breakout player this year. I don;t know much about him but at $339K he could be a bargain if Gerard in on the money. His points per 100 minute in NAB cup is 130 which is impressive. I've seen a few posts suggesting he is a very good ruck but ground work needs improving. Anything else anyone can tell me to sway me one way or another would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
I've been a huge critic of McKernan over the years, but he has had a standout preseason. He's no guarantee for Round 1, so I'd leave him out for the moment. If he plays round one and two, I will be throwing him in. Prices won't rise until round 3. He certainly has the potential to be a cash cow though.

I've been a huge critic of McKernan over the years, but he has had a standout preseason. He's no guarantee for Round 1, so I'd leave him out for the moment. If he plays round one and two, I will be throwing him in. Prices won't rise until round 3. He certainly has the potential to be a cash cow though.
I think he has to be a lock for round 1 given jenkins was poor

If he
plays or not, would not touch. Can easily score u 40 then be dropped. Better options such as Higgins who may be injury prone but is less risk

G'day crows fellas

Matthew wright - what do you expect from him this year? Job security? I saw him score big in nab cup but that's nab cup.. He's currently in my team. It's either him or josh caddy, but I want a unique pick. Please advise
Cheers

Mattie Wright is a smart choice early in the season.
Has shown a bit of his 2012 form which was fantastic.
PLenty of injuries at the moment meaning he has every chance in the first month to cement a place in the side.
If he doesn't you'll have extra cash to play with.
THere may be a tricky decision to make in a months time though - not a set and forget option. Definitely should be a lock for round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mattie Wright is a smart choice early in the season.
Has shown a bit of his 2012 form which was fantastic.
PLenty of injuries at the moment meaning he has every chance in the first month to cement a place in the side.
If he doesn't you'll have extra cash to play with.
THere may be a tricky decision to make in a months time though - not a set and forget option. Definitely should be a lock for round 1.

Thanks for that mate I'm gonna take a punt on him

Good luck for the season.

If fit - yes. Given our current siutaiton and his fitness he should play 15+ games.

However, he is one of those guys that has struggled to get on, and stay on, the park.

We're all hoping this year is different.

Don't pick him for SC... kicking can let him down. But for AF/DT - not a bad option.

Mitch Grigg. I've had him in my team for a month up until now because I'm not so sure.

How does he play? Where do you think he'll play from round 1? How's his job security even without the injuries that you guys have? Is he worth the punt in supercoach?

Mitch Grigg. I've had him in my team for a month up until now because I'm not so sure.

How does he play? Where do you think he'll play from round 1? How's his job security even without the injuries that you guys have? Is he worth the punt in supercoach?
Job security very solid. Will get a run through mids, maybe across HB and wing. Most crows supporters really excited about him and personally feels like he played a lot more last year than he did simply because it seems he is a given as a member of our best team so pick with confidence on JS.

His prob for me is that his massive score v melb prob balances out his sub scores so while he is prob underpriced it's more of a risk but does have potential for high reward as he is all class and can find the footy

So glad I took Beams he is a gun! too bad hes playing in an ordinary team. We could've got him but we took McKernan :mad:

Job security very solid. Will get a run through mids, maybe across HB and wing. Most crows supporters really excited about him and personally feels like he played a lot more last year than he did simply because it seems he is a given as a member of our best team so pick with confidence on JS.

His prob for me is that his massive score v melb prob balances out his sub scores so while he is prob underpriced it's more of a risk but does have potential for high reward as he is all class and can find the footy

Thank you for your help!

I'm tossing up between Grigg and Dale Thomas for that mid price midfielder at the moment. I like the look and sound of Grigg and from what I have seen from him he looks highly skilled with some silk. Reading through your best 22 thread, it just sounded like he was battling for a spot in your side along with a host of others.

So glad I took Beams he is a gun! too bad hes playing in an ordinary team. We could've got him but we took McKernan :mad:

I was really glad i took Tom Langdon. What a debut.

I wasn't so glad i took Alan Toovey. Less said the better about that one.

Thank you for your help!

I'm tossing up between Grigg and Dale Thomas for that mid price midfielder at the moment. I like the look and sound of Grigg and from what I have seen from him he looks highly skilled with some silk. Reading through your best 22 thread, it just sounded like he was battling for a spot in your side along with a host of others.
If there was any doubt on his spot there is none now with injuries and even then if he continued last years form he would play. Sandoval singled him out as a likely big improver.

I could not recommend taking him over Thomas though

Gday Crows.

In terms of Martin's role, will he be playing that half forward role he was used as in your last practice game and with some of your recent injuries, will he get a decent crack through the midfield?

Ive been looking at some of his past scores and he has the capacity to score quite quickly if given the minutes and am thinking of starting him at D6 in SC. Seems to be a forgotten backline cheapie by the masses too.

Cheers and good luck for 2014.

Bump, :cool:

NAB Challenge games, looked good, scored well, got plenty of minutes,

Job Security good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back