Mod. Notice Crows Only threads - the poll (Poll for AFC supporters ONLY)

Should 'Crows Only' threads remain an option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some might say 'more' tolerant in another sense...

But I do take your point and it will continue to be monitored.
If I cast my mind back a decade, we had a higher percentage of non-Crows posters on the Adelaide Board, as we actively encouraged them to post & were welcoming, including allowing friendly banter. Certainly regular trolling was not tolerated. It was easier, as there were less posters & you pretty much felt like you knew most posters.... compared to today with far more traffic.

However, now we have some posters are far less tolerant & jump down an opposition posters throat, even for friendly banter or nothing wrong with their post. I think this is sad, as it discourages some of the quality posters to visit our board like they used to & we seem to get a higher number of trolling types, which only makes matters worse as gives their whole team a bad name (same goes for Adelaide posters trolling other team boards).

I would like to see us have a tougher stand on posters who troll (including our own!), but actively encourage good opposition supporters to visit in that we have a friendly environment for them to feel that they can post, without fear of being jumped upon.

Just my 2 cents... but yes, not easy getting the balance right as a moderator, as not all will be happy.

If I cast my mind back a decade, we had a higher percentage of non-Crows posters on the Adelaide Board, as we actively encouraged them to post & were welcoming, including allowing friendly banter. Certainly regular trolling was not tolerated. It was easier, as there were less posters & you pretty much felt like you knew most posters.... compared to today with far more traffic.

However, now we have some posters are far less tolerant & jump down an opposition posters throat, even for friendly banter or nothing wrong with their post. I think this is sad, as it discourages some of the quality posters to visit our board like they used to & we seem to get a higher number of trolling types, which only makes matters worse as gives their whole team a bad name (same goes for Adelaide posters trolling other team boards).

I would like to see us have a tougher stand on posters who troll (including our own!), but actively encourage good opposition supporters to visit in that we have a friendly environment for them to feel that they can post, without fear of being jumped upon.

Just my 2 cents... but yes, not easy getting the balance right as a moderator, as not all will be happy.
I have every intention of offsetting this imbalance by being harder on our own posters.

I've only just seen this thread now so it's too late to vote.

It's interesting (at least to me :p) that based on the comments in this thread and others on the same topic elsewhere I would have guessed a more even split between the two groups. Perhaps a case of a vocal minority versus silent majority.

Back