Opinion Crozier v sherro

Remove this Banner Ad

LoL Disposal Efficiency:rolleyes:.
if you worried about that you would not try to create play by disposing it by foot into a contest!
You would hand pass it off to a team mate to get totalled into the dirt.
Oh wait maybe there is some selfilsh *ers that rely on de%

Last edited:
Agree that DE is not everything, backline players can pass across to rack up their numbers, but for midfields it can indicate weighting passes, finding options in clear space. And it does rely on good leading patterns and kicking to advantage.

Hannebery, Hodge and Mitchell all had DE ratio above 70 without sending out hospital handballs, and they delivered it upfield as well and as often as anyone.

Would be interesting to come up with a more accurate stat than DE. DE's from clearances, stoppages, from a mark or free kick etc.

I agree.

Score involvements or even I50 involvements (bigger sample size) would be good. 'Effective disposals leading to an inside 50'. The problem with those stats as opposed to straight DE is that I think you're sample size is going to be to small to make judgements over anything less than half a season.

DE is useful but really has to be in the context of position. Otherwise you have peanuts saying the likes of Fyfe, GAJ and Cotchin are ineffective players based on their DE. Or someone like Rockliff masks his lack of impact by picking up a mass of "effective" disposals in the back half.

Perhaps something like DE to advantage - only effective disposals which move the ball further up the ground or move it from the wing to corridor are counted. So much room for interpretation though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back