• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
OKC, Coburg, Werribee, Storm, QPR
What do all of you think? Which jumper is better?
Crusader:
Hot Cross Bun.jpg
Pros:
It's a lucky jumper-Got the Saints to a Grand Final
Cons:
Referred to as the "Hot Cross Bun", When it got the Saints to the Grand Final, they got thumped, It was turned yellow for a Pura promotion.
vs
The Tri-Panel
Paddy Mccartin.jpg
Pros:
It's been by St Kilda as early as 1923-very historical, Very recognisable as St Kilda
Cons:
Slowly, slowly, year by year, the white panel is turning into a stripe, Very plain
So what do you all think?

I prefer the tri panel over the crusader jumper

I agree that the club should make sure the 3 colours are equal. Hate that the jumper seems to be turning into a slight variation on Essendon's.

Given that North are the only other team with a white home jumper Id be all for the club taking on the "double" tri panal clash jumper and making that our home strip.

Just need to make sure it is even though. Hate seeing the litte black trim on the sides for some players and not others.

"Hey guys, lets take the best colours in the league and the only awesome tri-panel team guernsey and lets change it for this awful committee designed piece of trash" - Some guy in 1997.

Also whilst I also love our new clash guernsey and its candybar strip ancestor the tri-panel should always remain our home guernsey.

I like the normal jumper, and the inverse of the normal jumper.

Didn't like the white jumper at the intra club.. Not a st kilda jumper. Just the colours

It's weird because I first started watching St Kilda in 1996-1998 (age 6-8) and for the next few years we wore the hot cross bun jumper so much that I grew to love it and associate it with the Saints. Also helped that my grandpa got me my first ever Saints jumper which was that style. Looking back I agree it's not the greatest design but I'll always have an attachment to it.

I haven't heard of this 'yellow PURA' jumper? Are you sure it was a thing? Definitely no recollection of St Kilda wearing that jumper...:oops:

It's weird because I first started watching St Kilda in 1996-1998 (age 6-8) and for the next few years we wore the hot cross bun jumper so much that I grew to love it and associate it with the Saints. Also helped that my grandpa got me my first ever Saints jumper which was that style. Looking back I agree it's not the greatest design but I'll always have an attachment to it.

I haven't heard of this 'yellow PURA' jumper? Are you sure it was a thing? Definitely no recollection of St Kilda wearing that jumper...:oops:
image.jpg

aaSaints_SING_wideweb__470x263,0.jpg

My favourite Saints jumper. Nice wide white panel and black piping on the white collar/cuffs.
That plus the new clash would do it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Candystripes> tri> new away> hot cross bun> last few years away.

Tri colour should stay our home strip forever. Agree with the white getting thinner though.

I quite liked the crusader jumper in the 90's.. But then again I also liked listening to ace of base wearing my ripped jeans and hypo-colour tee shirt that you could leave fluro hand prints on (one for us children of the 70's and 80's)

So, I guess, not all was as cool as it seemed back then. :)

Tri-colour will never age, it's timeless

HOME - 2015/2010
I prefer the wider white panel we are using this year, so proper thirds of colour in the front. But would much prefer the white collars used in 2010.
StKilda-2015.gif
StKilda-2010.gif

AWAY
2003 heritage/2004 clash/2005 away guernsey is my favourite.
The candy cane, 1886 VFA style jumper. Good mix of white for the clash, particularly the back of the jumper. No one has a jumper like it, and can't imagine us clashing with anyone apart from the Swans (revert to Home) and the Magpies (what can you do...).

That being said, I am very happy with the Away jumper for 2015 (1897 style). Unlike a lot of away/clash guernseys, this guernsey actually means something to the club, and is historic. And I'd be happy to wear this jumper to one of our home games if we desperately needed to avoid a clash. I think it is great to salute our heritage!
StKilda-10.gif

NZ JUMPER
Ditto CALL ME SNAKE . That design is far better.

Yellow is my favourite colour, and I can't even like that...

The black piping and collars make us look more deadly.
I like the current jumber best, I like that silver fern one above for the Kiwi game, and the red and black hoops was a standout a couple of years ago.

Back