Not open for further replies.
My picks for Round 1

Therry Penola v Old Geelong by 11 points
Old Mentonians v Williamstown CYMS by 24
NOBS/St Pats v Prahran Assumption by 2
Bulleen Templestowe v Yarra Valley by 28
Whitefriars
v MHSOB by 23

Round 1 and a big lunch at Friarvale Park plenty of beers and banter then some genuine footy, can't wait!

Round 1 Selection

Therry Penola vs Old Geelong - Bannisters to kick plenty
Old Mentonians vs Williamstown CYMS - Chip, Chip Chip Chip, turnover Willy big winners!
NOBS vs Prahran Assumption - Tight one no doubt NOBS will bounce back but Prahan will be a bit more settled this season
Bulleen Templestowe vs Yarra Valley - 2 big bodied teams but home ground will make the difference
Donfriars vs MHSOB - Go the Fripies High would need to have improved substantially some good players over from Donvale apparently

Round 1 and a big lunch at Friarvale Park plenty of beers and banter then some genuine footy, can't wait!

Round 1 Selection

Therry Penola vs Old Geelong - Bannisters to kick plenty
Old Mentonians vs Williamstown CYMS - Chip, Chip Chip Chip, turnover Willy big winners!
NOBS vs Prahran Assumption - Tight one no doubt NOBS will bounce back but Prahan will be a bit more settled this season
Bulleen Templestowe vs Yarra Valley - 2 big bodied teams but home ground will make the difference
Donfriars vs MHSOB - Go the Fripies High would need to have improved substantially some good players over from Donvale apparently

Therry big winners
Mentone to get up at home
Prahran team to beat in 2014
Bullpen at home
White friars to kick the sweep

Yarra valley took care of the friars pretty comfortably by 5 goals.

Pretty dissaponiting from the friars as we were at full strength (not to many ins to come) and only a week away from the season.

Yarra valley have good size and skill and will no doubt be a top 4 team this year. Their senior full forward who apparently broke his leg last year played twos and kicked about 10 as well.

They also have the hottest trainers in the vafa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello gents,
I was down at the Whitefriars v Yarra match by chance taking the grand kids down for a run around and stayed to watch the whole match. I don't see much VAFA football but to have such a high quality forward playing in the reserves shows good things from the league. This number 10 appears to be the best forward at the club so I am unsure as to why he was playing 2's, perhaps the leg injury you spoke of.

Apologies if this seems an uneducated question but focusing primarily on this season what sort of impact can that have on Whitefriars as a club? Is it more of a long term situation and what are the perceived benefits for the clubs involved?

In my many years of experience in and around football clubs in a number of roles; president, treasurer, coach and my favourite - fan, I have come across situations such as this only once or twice. It can create a very unique dynamic as there is often a very important honeymoon period where it is essential to amalgamate all aspects of club life and culture, without forgetting their respective histories. If there are divisions amongst the ranks you can be assured that it will not fare well for their season.

Kind regards,

Keith W.

High School hit the front halfway through the last thanks to some sensational running goals from James Tran (deservedly BOG). Home side put the shoulder to the wheel and ground out the next 5 goals to pull away for an important win.

Best umpiring I have seen for many o' week.

Good to see Big Roger McIntyre chomping at the bit to play for MHSOB next week. Div 1 key defenders beware!!!

I doubt a trip to Woodfull-Miller will be a positive one for many this season.

Best of luck to the Unicorns for 2014.

High School hit the front halfway through the last thanks to some sensational running goals from James Tran (deservedly BOG). Home side put the shoulder to the wheel and ground out the next 5 goals to pull away for an important win.

Best umpiring I have seen for many o' week.

Good to see Big Roger McIntyre chomping at the bit to play for MHSOB next week. Div 1 key defenders beware!!!

I doubt a trip to Woodfull-Miller will be a positive one for many this season.

Best of luck to the Unicorns for 2014.[/

1401d1.jpg

He is indeed - and he must be hoping that polishing the umpires whistles will help his beloved Combines!!
Credit where credit's due....Voldemort! We get more than enough postings here about the whistle blowers. Might as well try to square the ledger when it's justified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where credit's due....Voldemort! We get more than enough postings here about the whistle blowers. Might as well try to square the ledger when it's justified.
So if/when you see a less than "best umpiring" performance you'll keep the ledger squared here will you coach?;)

Treat it as a rhetorical question if you so wish.:)

We have all seen round 1 and the scores. Anybody changing there ladder predictions or flag favirote?

Willy showed they are to taking serious after having there first win away to OM in a long time.
NOBS and Therry showing there here to play and be taken seriously.
Bullants and Friers getting the job done.

Anybody changed there opinions? or still too early?

So if/when you see a less than "best umpiring" performance you'll keep the ledger squared here will you coach?;)

Treat it as a rhetorical question if you so wish.:)
You know me AM - always keeping it positive!

If less than best, constructive comments may be shared with the great man Benny, but certainly not here.
That's the most appropriate and effective way to get clarification in my experience. :D

Hope to see you soon. :thumbsu:

Willy are deservedly flag favorites, but I expect all trips west of Sydney Rd will be very tough this year.

You know me AM - always keeping it positive!

If less than best, constructive comments may be shared with the great man Benny, but certainly not here.
That's the most appropriate and effective way to get clarification in my experience. :D

Hope to see you soon. :thumbsu:

Willy are deservedly flag favorites, "but I expect all trips west of Sydney Rd will be very tough this year."

Well said there, i tend to agree. you make it sound like an interstate trip but haha ;)

Last edited:
We have all seen round 1 and the scores. Anybody changing there ladder predictions or flag favirote?

Willy showed they are to taking serious after having there first win away to OM in a long time.
NOBS and Therry showing there here to play and be taken seriously.
Bullants and Friers getting the job done.

Anybody changed there opinions? or still too early?

Grizzle I've certainly changed my tune on the High they were really competitive on Saturday, very fit and some superstars in their lot! With all of this rain I reckon they'll really worry Therry!!

OG's v NOBS - Good start to the year by NOBS will be too good for OG's
Willy v Whitevale - Draw plenty of history of close games and the rain will see them even at siren time
MHS v Therry - Therry still in party mode, MHS strong and hard working will take the Chockies
Prahan v BT - Two Blues to bounce back after the long haul to ballarat last week
YV v OM - Bushrangers to just out klast the Panthers

Grizzle I've certainly changed my tune on the High they were really competitive on Saturday, very fit and some superstars in their lot! With all of this rain I reckon they'll really worry Therry!!

OG's v NOBS - Good start to the year by NOBS will be too good for OG's
Willy v Whitevale - Draw plenty of history of close games and the rain will see them even at siren time
MHS v Therry - Therry still in party mode, MHS strong and hard working will take the Chockies
Prahan v BT - Two Blues to bounce back after the long haul to ballarat last week
YV v OM - Bushrangers to just out klast the Panthers

Round 2,
NOB's,
Willy just,
Therry
BT
YV

Old Geelong at como
Willy at fearon
MHsob
Prahran
Yarra v

Home team round with Therry chance to show they are premiership favs, good test for NOBS and Friars

OG's v NOBS - Will show they are contenders.
Willy v Friers - Cant split these two! if someone is to win it will be by under a goal
MHS v Therry - Back on there home deck, tend to play it well at times. interesting to see how therry back up.
Prahan v BT - not sure how the legs of Prahan will be after making the longest trip in D1 to Ballarat, but Prahan for me.
YV v OM - An other small hurdle to send the competition a message.

Low scores this round i suspect? You guys see anyone kicking a decent score this round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back