D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing the Warriors have recruited well. With some added depth plus development of their younger blokes they look to me as favorites.

Box Hill North if they hold most of their list will also be strong.

Eley Park, the great unknown

Manningham, North Brunny, Lilydale to be around the mark. Chadstone, Sth Mornington, Masala battling out the bottom part of the ladder

Should be an interesting season, seemed like it was a formality for Canterbury and Westbourne to go up during the regular season, but things went a bit differently in finals. Agree with table tennis, Westbourne are favourites but there are 6 teams fighting for those other 3 spots in the finals (Can't see Chadstone/Mornington/Masala playing finals, but hey you never know).

Here's what i think (Nothing in order, just grouped)

TOP FOUR
Westbourne
Box hill
Eley Park

FIGHTING FOR FOURTH
Point Cook
North Brunswick
Manningham
Lilydale

FIGHTING FOR THE SAKE OF IT
Marsala
Sth Mornington
Chadstone

Round 1 will be a block buster. ******* can't wait. As I am a rams player now. Love playing against the old club. Revenge will be sweet.

Unsure about a blockbuster Arnie, but 2 wins and 3 wins each last year it should be a tight tussle.
Good luck.

Is Scwabby still coaching Chaddy. Obviously will be hard coaching against his old mob.

Unsure about a blockbuster Arnie, but 2 wins and 3 wins each last year it should be a tight tussle.
Good luck.

Is Scwabby still coaching Chaddy. Obviously will be hard coaching against his old mob.

Schwab has moved on.

Big recruit down at Warriors with Chris Hudson returning.

Odds on this year scoob.

Were odds on to beat Parkside in first final last year TT.
Nothing is certain.
Good prep.
Good coach.
A bit of luck and ya get half a chance.

Manningham should have a few practice matches lined up before the season commences on the 9th, will post in here when its confirmed who we're playing. Training went back on Monday night, moving house so didn't attend but numbers have been well up on last year so hopefully a much improved season down at Koonung. How is everyone else going for numbers? Any big recruits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
Manningham should have a few practice matches lined up before the season commences on the 9th, will post in here when its confirmed who we're playing. Training went back on Monday night, moving house so didn't attend but numbers have been well up on last year so hopefully a much improved season down at Koonung. How is everyone else going for numbers? Any big recruits?
I've just joined up from another league, enjoying it so far, still weighing up my options. What's everyones experiences like in this divvy?

I

I've just joined up from another league, enjoying it so far, still weighing up my options. What's everyones experiences like in this divvy?

It isn't the highest level of skill (Although there are quite a few blokes who could easily play a lot higher if they wanted to, but prefer to play with mates/location etc) but I really enjoyed last year.

It isn't the highest level of skill (Although there are quite a few blokes who could easily play a lot higher if they wanted to, but prefer to play with mates/location etc) but I really enjoyed last year.
Probably good, will only be my third year this year, and first year doing a pre-season. Felt a bit out of my depth in my old league. Seems to be a lot more relaxed (in saying that the guys seem to care about the club more, but don't take themselves so seriously)

We'reTE="schmuttt, post: 42992901, member: 152635"]Mornington have pulled out, St Francis Xavier are a possibility to come down and play only a 1s side (Laxking numbers) but depends on what the D4 clubs vote.[/QUOTE]
Were MT Lilydale or any other clubbies sides offered the when they were forced back to clubbies?

Mornington have pulled out, St Francis Xavier are a possibility to come down and play only a 1s side (Laxking numbers) but depends on what the D4 clubs vote.

Surely with 12 teams in D3 they'd promote 1 to fill the spot left by Monash and demote another to fill the spot vacated by SM.

Up to D2 -> Aquinas
Down to D4 -> La Trobe

Or does that make too much sense?

We'reTE="schmuttt, post: 42992901, member: 152635"]Mornington have pulled out, St Francis Xavier are a possibility to come down and play only a 1s side (Laxking numbers) but depends on what the D4 clubs vote.
Were MT Lilydale or any other clubbies sides offered the when they were forced back to clubbies?[/QUOTE]

Guessing thats a rhetorical question, the VAFA is setting an interesting precedent if they let SFX play with only a seniors side and no reserves.

Surely with 12 teams in D3 they'd promote 1 to fill the spot left by Monash and demote another to fill the spot vacated by SM.

Up to D2 -> Aquinas
Down to D4 -> La Trobe

Or does that make too much sense?

Only reason they wouldn't want to do this is have uneven amounts of teams in D1-D3, thats all I can think of. Even then though you could just leave Aquinas in D3 and drop La Trobe down.

Interesting suggestions Ruck Machine, and do have some merit. But as a club would you willingly take a drop when previously not. I'd imagine that most clubs would like to avoid D4 as much as possible as it can be the Div of death. What with new teams and returning teams starting there and the vagaries of the fantastic final 6, it can be quite difficult to get out of. I'd think it would be easier to avoid relegation in D3 than win a flag in D4. Also would you want promotion of not earned? I have a feeling Canterbury may have been offered similar last year but declined on the basis of wanting to work their way up rather than be gifted it. Gusty call but worked out well in the end. I find it staggering that it would even be considered to have a side with no Ressies in a main comp.

I can guarantee that a decision will not be rushed and will be forced upon teams on or about season eve. With the obligatory apologies for stuffing up of club social calendars and holidays booked on the basis of byes and weeks off as advised.

It would leave an awful stink in D4 if SFX came down, dominated and went straight back up.
My thoughts exactly , as stated previously it's the hardest division to get out off. Also the 2's have a bye anyway and what happens if SFX win the flag but can't go up due to numbers again ?.

Mornington have pulled out, St Francis Xavier are a possibility to come down and play only a 1s side (Laxking numbers) but depends on what the D4 clubs vote.

Has this been addressed by the VAFA anywhere? Are SM planning on playing clubbies as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back