Universal Love Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously given last year's AA and B&F results I'm in the minority on this, but Houston is our best half back IMO. I'd take him over DBJ any day.
They are both needed.

DBJ's ability to use his pace to impact on a contest many others wouldn't get to is so underrated.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously given last year's AA and B&F results I'm in the minority on this, but Houston is our best half back IMO. I'd take him over DBJ any day.

He's also a natural half forward

marks, tackles and knows where the goals are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got Dan down as being 2nd bog in both our games, a current all-Aus on form and one of the best inform players in the league.

him and Dbj on that half back line is the best pairing in the league right now.
He & DBJ are the perfect pair off the back flanks. They balance each other out and suit our game style perfectly.

Houston is on track for a AA year barring injury or something else, he's a weapon for us.

I'm so glad we moved him back to the half back flank, instead of the midfield. It suits him so much more and is an absolute weapon for us. AA for sure this year if he keeps this up.

I'm so glad we moved him back to the half back flank, instead of the midfield. It suits him so much more and is an absolute weapon for us. AA for sure this year if he keeps this up.

Agree that he is much more valuable back in his current role, but I think the midfield apprenticeship he did last year has played a part in him going to another level at HBF. He has been so good this year at running off his man at the right time and getting on the end of a chain of possession coming out of a contest.

This has allowed him many more opportunities to deliver inside 50, and it's every forward's dream to have Houston's leg deliver it to you on a platter.

Will get tagged / sat on before the season is over, to stop his elite kicking giving us such a big advantage,

Will get tagged / sat on before the season is over, to stop his elite kicking giving us such a big advantage,
But then we can move him around the field and use other good kickers to do this task. We have them.

Meanwhile, the tagger will be out of position, and Houston can take advantage of that. If they switch the tagger, Houston would be free and could move back up again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back