Universal Love Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to me overlooked by the AFL media (melb media) but he’s been one of master selections, just a smooth mover, elite skills and hard at it.

it won’t be long before people start to take notice of what we already know

he become an A grader

Absolutely amazing player, probably the best HBF in the league and his kicking has returned to its previous prowess after being a little less than GOAT last year.

I literally start clapping before he even kicks the ball inside 50, its so wonderful to be able watch this boy play

This is why it’s a good thing if nobody knows who he is.
Opposition supporters and the Vic centric media may have no idea who Dan Houston is but every opposition scout will have identified his value to us and opposition coaches will be working on ways to counter his influence when the play us.

I thought Dan played more up the field against Essendon like on the wings (when one of Karl or Duursma were off). Basically doing Bonners role from round 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

yeah him and Dbj really push up the field and become defensive midfielders running off the back of the square.

burton clurey Jonas and Alir play deeper.

Will get tagged / sat on before the season is over, to stop his elite kicking giving us such a big advantage,
Probably.
But Amon, Burton, Butters, Rozee, Alliir and Duursma are all good kicks. You will note I didn't include Hammer in that group - I reckon his foot skills have deteriorated somewhat recently.

Probably.
But Amon, Burton, Butters, Rozee, Alliir and Duursma are all good kicks. You will note I didn't include Hammer in that group - I reckon his foot skills have deteriorated somewhat recently.
But none of the ones you mentioned, hit inside 50 targets the way Dan does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartlett is a terrific kick but I could never work out why he miskicks so often.
Because he tries to kick the s**t out of the ball too often these days. When he doesn't try and do that, he rarely misses a 20m to 45m pass.

You will note I didn't include Hammer in that group - I reckon his foot skills have deteriorated somewhat recently.

Kicking was off in the last game - but coming back from an injury and a few weeks without playing, kind of to be expected.

His kicking is not what it used to be, but it's still well above average.

Yes.
Tries to kick brutally hard, 60m daisy cutter drop punts, never more than 2m off the ground.
And shanks them :(🥴
Ah my old mate Hammer - I would go as far and say he would have 1 acceptable kick out of 10. Perhaps after this year we may get one more season out him but do not despair Port fans as there are some phenomenal players in the wings ready to go (strange that these players can’t get a game now in front of Hammer)

Ah my old mate Hammer - I would go as far and say he would have 1 acceptable kick out of 10. Perhaps after this year we may get one more season out him but do not despair Port fans as there are some phenomenal players in the wings ready to go (strange that these players can’t get a game now in front of Hammer)
That would mean his kicking efficiency rate is between 10-20%. Its a shitload better than that.

That would mean his kicking efficiency rate is between 10-20%. Its a shitload better than that.
Perhaps I was exaggerating just a bit to get my argument across!
I think it was a Hammer shocker that Willem marked in the 2nd quarter but who failed to convert? Mind you I think it was Hammer, however I could be wrong
Anyway enough about Hammer as this thread is about Dan the Man - has always been one of favourites!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back